Lowes / stay away

In March 2010, I purchased a John Deere Lawn Mower. After three cuts, the discharge a assembly melted apart, I took it to Tonys Repair shop on 2400 North Harlem in Chicago. While cutting grass after a heavy rain hit submerged pipe and bent the shaft and blade accidently, to find that the part was not covered by warranty, A BRAND NEW LAWN MOWER INOPERABLE, very disappointed in companys policy in warranties, no consideration of replacement of lawn mower. Also I am disappointed in the quality of the lawn mower, any and all consideration would be greatly appreciated. I was coerced into purchasing this lawn mower by the salesman #1273647 not only did I purchase the lawn mower I also purchased the extended warranty to cover any possible damages. Money as you know is very hard to come by and personally I dont or cant afford to throw away $563.19. Please rectify this situation as quickly as possible. A PISSED OFF CONSUMER.

Ke

Comments

• Ju
      17th of Sep, 2010

I am an employee for Lowe's and regarding returning/exchanging the product, all power equipment is subject to a 30 day return policy. After that you must contact the manufacturer for possible repairs or replacement parts, they may even suggest a place you can take it to and send it out for repair. You will need to speak with them to receive more information. The extended protection plan kicks in AFTER the manufacturer's warranty expires.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

• Sm
      2nd of Dec, 2010

First off...I understand your frustration about the discharge assembly melting.
    Secondly you hit a pipe. Of course that is not going to be covered.
    If I buy a car from you and hit a telephone pole on the way home should you have to fix it?
    Of course not. In my personal opinion I own a John Deere and will never buy any other model.

The extended warranties are fanatstic. As long as it is a manufacturer defect you are covered.They come and pick it up for you and redeliver it for no charge. Also you get reimbursed for your maintenance parts. Thats why the extened warranty through Lowes starts the day you purchased it. It covers the manufacturers warranty and so much more. Truely the extended warranty is worth it.

Once again as for your accident. It was your accident and not the mowers.