Lowes / counter top install - noticeable error
After deciding to replace our kitchen counter we chose to purchase and install with Lowes, a solid surface Formica product.
The contractors came to install and despite the very tight fit of the counter in our small kitchen everything went well- at first glance. Upon further inspection we noticed they had cut the backsplash approximately .25" short, a noticeable error.
We decided that we would rather be reimbursed for the cost of the backsplash we paid for rather than have the contractors come back and reinstall (we believe further and perhaps worse damage could result from removal of the backsplash and we simply do not have anymore time to devote to waiting for contractors to show up to fix problems that should have been done right the first time.)
We called Lowes who then sent the contractor out to verify the complaint. We were told by Lowes that our only option was to replace the backsplash. They would not honor our request for money back.
Additionally, we had problems with the contractor lying to Lowes (and, of course, the manager at Lowes believed the contractor)- the contractor had stated we refused service during their visit to inspect the unsatisfactory work- this is untrue. They came nearly two hours late for the appointment and did not even have a new backsplash ready to install at that time, HAD that been what we wanted to do.
We were treated rudely and we were not given what we paid for. I paid for a job done well, instead I have paid top dollar for an uneven backsplash.
I don't have the time to wait for another appointment with incompetent workers, I simply want a portion of what I paid back in compensation. I am extremely disappointed. I purposely chose to use Lowes because I thought a large company would protect us from getting abused by contractors, unfortunately, I've found out Lowes at the heart of contractor fraud. I will not be using Lowes again until this has been problem has been corrected.
Today my countertop still is unfinished and I make sure to let visitors know exactly what company we worked with on the project.
More Lowes Complaints & Reviews
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - remote control stopped working! 
- Lowes - retaliation for calling corporate 
- Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan - loud enough to not use it 
- Lowe's Advantage Extended Warranty - they will not pay service provider for approved warranty work 
- Lowes - false advertisement and lowes is cheating people out of there money 
- Lowes - customer service
- Harbor Breeze - ceiling fan remote not responding 
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - corruption lowes in latham ny (lisa kitchen cabinets manger)
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - being an employee at your thomaston, maine location
- Lowe's Home Improvement / Lowe's Home Centers - employee