Low Pay Inc. / Unauthorized charges

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

I received this card from this company and agreed to pay the yearly fee. Got the card and a catalog and discovered everything was too expensive so I never bought. My card expired on 10/08, never received another card and figured that was the end of it. NO, they started drafting from my account in November and December, January of 09 and now Feb.

I called them in December and told them I didn't want the card but they said the next years fees were due and they wouldn't refund them. I said I DON'T WANT THE CARD and to STOP drafting from my account. They haven't and I don't know how to get them to stop stealing from me. I told the man on the phone that the card was expired and I never received a new one and he told me 'oh that's ok you can still use the one you have'.

This is making me sick and I won't close the account because I have other bills that come out automatically monthly. They have taken a total of $150 so far and I have no idea when this will end. My credit union says they can't stop it because they use random checks.

Can anyone HELP out there??????? I feel like I'm talking in the wind on this site.

Ki

Comments

• Pa
      7th of Nov, 2008
    Low Pay Inc. - processing fee
    low pay inc
    4319 tyson ave
    Philadelphia
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 2153356748

i never applied for low pay inc and they took $75 processing fee out of my checking account and my bank charged me an overdraft fee on top of that

• Ll
      8th of Nov, 2008

i also had charges taken from my account when a neighbor used my computer to try to order merchandise . Adware secured my bank account to her LPC and although it said it wouldn't accept the pin number it took over $300from my account and i never even heard of it until i found it on my bank statement

• Je
      18th of Nov, 2008

I had an awful experience opening my online statement to find this company took $76 out of my account. the check was not even in my name. How could they withdrawl money out of someones account when it does not even belong to them. I can't stand fradulant companies. Beware of your checking account at all times.

• Mi
      28th of Nov, 2008

This company got me too! I paid the first fee of $79, then a week later $120 and I was told that I couldn't get my money back until my "packet" arrived. There was a cancellation form in the packet that requires you to call their customer service. I was then informed that I was a member and I would have to pay their yearly membership fee on NEARLY$200!!! I could keep them from taking that if I let them keep my "refundable" $120. I NEVER DID ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY! I am terrified that they are going to drain my bank account like they have so many others. I have contacted the better business bureau, and they told me that they get complaints on this company frequently I have also set up an appointment with an attorney. I will also go and see what, if anything, my bank can do to stop this blatant theft. STAY AWAY FROM THESE SHYSTERS!

• Pa
      3rd of Dec, 2008

I also had a HORRIBLE experience with this company. They drafted $79 out of mine and my husbands account on 11-11-08 then six days later on 11-17-08 took out another $139.99. When I called to find out what was going on I spoke with a man who claimed he was the manager, he was VERY VERY RUDE. I told him my fin. advisor was sittin next to me and he heard her in the background and he said if she said another word he was going hang up on me. He did and she did not say anything after I told her what he said. Needless to say he hung up, I called back spoke with him again thats when he told me that he was the only manager there, that he didnt have a supervisor. I then asked him to send me a fax stating that there would not be any more money comming out of my account. He said he didnt have to do that and that the conversation was over. Then hung up on me again. PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLED!!! THIS IS A MAJOR SCAM!!!
    i have same experice with them i didnt authorase anyone all see is the keep try to take money in my account the send over 139 check 2 time 79 2 time and last time was 25

• Rh
      23rd of Dec, 2008
    Low Pay Inc. - Theft of bank account
    Low Pay Inc.
    Syracuse
    New York

This company took out a $79.00 processing fee from our bank account and I have never done business with them. After calling the bank they stated that they had our routing number and did not need a signature for this check. I plan to call the bank back and close this account so they can no longer use this account but not sure what I can do after that?!

• Ji
      22nd of Jan, 2009

These idots are pathetic and misleading...isn't there anyway for us to get our money back!!! Called Customer Service...sent me to and arrogant supervisor who wouldn't help me out a bit. Theey need to be closed down and pay back everyone that they have scammed!!! There should be atleast a 24 hr window that if you call in and cancel that we should be protected as the consumer!! Even if you by something and have to put a deposit on something they will give you the deposit back within a coutesy window!!!

These scammers need to be told where to go and how they can take this ridiculous pathetic exuse for customer service and fire the idiots!! J M

• We
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Please stop calling 215-335-6748, we are not affiliated with low pay inc. we have also been scammed. this is not a low pay inc website so i dont know why eveyone keeps mistaking this Us as low pay. we have recieved numerous calls. you must contact your bank and better business burea. My fiance put our name and adress up here thinking it was part of the signup, you are all mistaken this is our complaint, not contact info for low pay. STOP CALLING!

• Su
      19th of Mar, 2009

My checking account became overdrawn and I found out why. Low Pay Inc. was taking money out without my knowledge. I have had to pay lots of overdraft fees because of them and I do not think it is fair. I don't know what I can do, but I will fight back somehow.

• De
      4th of May, 2009

low pay inc. took 100.00 out of my account without my consent. i am very upset about this

• Li
      23rd of May, 2009

I know how you feel. I just got the card in that mail and I went online to see what it was all about. I put all of my information in and everything but they said they wouldn't draw out any money. I did NOT authorize them to withdra money from my account. This has got to be illegal or something. They just took $79.00 out of my account and my bank put an overdraft fee on my account. I don't know what to do.