Low Pay Card / Scam and rip off!

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-815-6952

This outfit collects $400.00 for which you get nothing but a card and a catalog to purchase their junk... NOT NAME BRANDS. The appeal, I guess, is that you can buy this junk on a monthly basis at no interest. They are very uncooperative when trying to get out of it. The $200.00 yearly membership dues is owed to them even if you want to discontinue the membership.

I received a catalog on the 13th of the month and the 14th was the cut-off date for canceling. One of the rules of cancellation is that all the 'stuff' that is sent with the catalog has to be received back within 30 days. I believe they plan that so you can't get out without being tied up in their contract.

The fraud department of my bank is working on getting part of it back, but I'll probably be stuck for $120.00.

Va
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Fo
      31st of Dec, 2009

Dan Afrasabi is the Owner he is some rip off Arab that has mini me (adam Johnson) who has stated in meetings he would die for LPC..He is a true life boner throat i hope everyone gets their money back. They are starting a new scam soon so beware. If you want the location these Sand donkeys are working let me know i'd be more than glad to drive you there.

7th of Aug, 2009

Yes I agree they should read their letter's Because all the Informaiton is There for you with a thick catalog of goods to choose from! Responsible People or for the few ppl who are employed and pay their bill's On time there should be no Problem.

HOWEVER DO NOT WORK FOR THEM! WORKING FOR THEM IS ANOTHER STORY FOLKS!

• Un
      7th of Aug, 2009

To all who havent read your freakin letter your not the the brightest bunch. Reading is fundamental... First off its the best way to understand how actual credit works before you truly dig your self in a deep whole in credit... Also there is quality goods um, scam dont think so... A scam is company gets your money no benefits at all and ahh gee what is next no one to contact so think.. Reading again is truly fundamental... You get exactly what is said in the letter. I am a valued customer and like what is available to me...

10th of Jun, 2009

I usto Work for LPC Last Year And I HATED WORKING FOR THEM! I got Laid Off Because I took off sometime because of my Grandmother's Death and even brought in her Ceremonial Newspaper Clip To show proof of her death which was HARD enough to do...He looked at me and fired me!!! DONT WORK FOR LPC!!!

• Ir
      19th of May, 2009

This is the most unethical and rude comany that I have ever dealt with. I was taken in by their scam and ended up paying over $400 in fees and never even received the card or a catalogue. I left messages over 7 times for someone to call me back and then when I finally reached someone, their "system" was down- how convenient! I finally got a hold of someone yesterday who was the most rude and condescending idiot that I have ever had to deal with. I am so sorry that I did not look into them before signing up- but I have too trusting of a nature however, I will never ever fall scam again. When I tried to cancel, I got quite the runaround and when I reminded the young man on the line that they have been reported to BBB on numerous occassions and I had yet to find one nice thing on the internet about their company, he told me that I was crazy and that they have hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers. Well, being called crazy did not sit well with me and I proceeded to give him a piece of my CRAZY mind. I got a cancellation confirmation number so we will see. My bank was not able to do anything (Citibank) but I did report them to fraud department and was told that the best thing is to cancel my checking account and open a new one. I would love to be part of class action suit or at least be part of a legal action to shut these idiots down.

24th of Apr, 2009

The number to the actual location is 5036268300, dan is the first extension, he is the ceo/owner

24th of Apr, 2009

the customer service number is 18008156952. ask for DAN the owner

• Ne
      16th of Mar, 2009

Hello to everyone, today is march the 15th 2009, My name is Nelson Amao, I am puttiin my name up here incase the scamming president of LPC would love to call me or know who i am. NOW LET ME START BY SAYING, THIS IS A SCAM, I MEAN SCAM. I RECIEVED THE CARD AND NEVER REALLY READ THE FINE PRINT. I DECIDED TO GO FOR IT, HOPING TO HAVE A BETTER SCORE ON MY REPORT FOR THE FUTURE. AFTER ACTIVATING THE CARD, STUPID ME THEN DECIDED TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE CARD, ONLY TO FIND NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE COMMENT AND EXPERIENCES. I IMMEDIATELY DECIDED TO CANCLE THE NEXT BUISNESS DAY, SINCE I ACTIVATED ONLINE AT AROUND 12MIDNITE I HAD TO WAIT TO SPEAK TO A LIVE OPERATOR. I SPOKE TO THEM THE NEXT MORNING, THEY WERE VER;Y RELUCTANT TO CANCLE SAYING THE 79 DOLLAR IS STILL NON-REFUNDABLE BECAUSE OF PROCESSING. I ASKED THE IDIOTIC REP WHAT HE PROCESSED SINCE I ACTIVATED ONLINE AT 12MIDNITE AND WAS CALLING FIRST THING WEN THEY OPENED AT 9, MIND YOU I RECORDED EVERYBIT OF THE CONVERSATION SINCE I WAS READY TO PURSUE IT IN COURT. ANYWAY HE EVENTUALLY CANCELLED BUT I CHECKED TODAY AND FOUND OUT THEY WERE STILL TRYING TO TAKE 79DOLLARS OUT, I CALLED MY BANK (CHASE BANK) I LOVE CHASE FOR THIS) THEY REVERSED THE PAYMENT AND TOLD ME TO CHANGE MY ACCOUNT INCASE THEY ARE TRYING TO RESUBMIT THE PAYMENT. SO I AM A STEP AHEAD OF ALL THEM AT LOWPAY, INCLUDING THE STUPID CEO OR WHATEVER HE IS SEO(SCAMMING EXECUTIVE OFFICER) EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM LOW PAY CARD, THEY ARE A FRAUDULENT COMPANY. THEY PRAY ON THE AVERAGE AMERICANS TRYING TO GET CREDIT TO IMPROVE THEIR SCORES. PLUS ALL THE PRODUCTS ARE REFURBISHED AND THREE TIMES WHAT THEY COST AT YOUR MOST EXPENSIVE STORES. ************BEWARE OF LPC CARD*************** ITS A SCAM**************BEWARED OF LOWPAY CARD********************ITS A FRAUD. STAY AWAY FROM THE SITE LOWPAYCARD.COM...THEY TRYING TO TAKE YOUR HONEST DOLLARS...SCAMMING EXECUTIVE OFFICER (SEO NOT CEO) DAN AFRASIABI AND HIS STAFF ARE A RIP OFFS...STAY AWAY...

• Li
      6th of Mar, 2009

These people were making checks to withdraw money from my checking accout. Yes, lets a class action lawsuit against them!

• Ci
      17th of Feb, 2009

i just got my card today and i was happy that i got that much in credit 7, 500 it was to good to be true.so i went to my internet and put in
    lpc and once i saw all those complaints and how this company is bogus they were right all those fees .they got to be out there rabbit mind
    so i cut my card into pieces thanks but no thanks.

• Ca
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Yes LPC is quite the scam & rip off for everything--whether you have used it or not !!! What a dang rip off.

• Na
      21st of Jan, 2009

Companies like this one are what are wrong with our country today. I received there letter in the mail and called up thinking that I was getting a good service. I went the NEXT DAY and cancelled my account after reading comments on this company. After I was told that my account would be cancelled and no payments would be taken, I reviewed my statement the following month and not just one but three processing payments had been taken out of my account at $79.00 a piece. I attempted to contact this company for 3 days and waited aprox a total of 5 hours before getting to the branch manager. He was very rude and gave no concern to my claim. He simply said that I shouldn’t have signed up for the card and that his company had expended resources in “processing my account”. He did say that he would look into my account and that he would follow up with me the next business day. I have yet to hear from him. I have contacted my attorney.

Nate

• Ha
      31st of Oct, 2008
    Low Pay Card - Fraud
    Lowpaycard

This company took money from my checking account once they said was a debit and the other was a check. My checking account has been closed and thanks to them I owe my bank which has now sent it to collections $400.00. That's not including what I had to pay to stop them two other times. The rest was done after I had taken everything out of my account so that they would not be able to get my money. And then I find out that they had charged again. I want my money back and all the charges I have been charged from my bank back from these thieves.

• Br
      25th of Sep, 2008

I just want to thank all of you who complained about this company. I just got my card in the mail today and thought it wasn't a bad deal at first. I got online to look them up and BAM! You all were right there saying to run, this is a scam. Thank you all so much for the escape of a headache and hundreds of dollars!
    Sept. 25, 2008

Louisville
    Kentucky
    Phone: 5026182397
    ericaash750@yahoo.com

You charge over $100 to my checking acount and told me my card was ready to use. Well I haven't even recieved a catalog in the mail and when I went online to see if I could get it that way and where it says credit card, there isn't a lpc in the catagory at all. So I would like for you to please put the money back into my account or send me a catalog and let me shop online.

• Da
      11th of Aug, 2008

I am glad I came across this site. I received this card in the mail today. I read the letter it came with and was very skeptical about it. Thank god I did a goolge search. Or I would have been stuck with a $200 annual membership payment. That money could go to other good uses. Since I am a single mother also.

• Ke
      9th of Aug, 2008

I just want to thank everyone for their comments, It saved me money and grief. As a single mother I cant afford to throw money away. One thing I have learned is to check out business's before doing business with them. I sincerley hope someone is investigating this company.

• Al
      5th of Aug, 2008
    Low Pay Card - scammers
    LPC
    lowpaycard.com

I received a offer to good to be true. When i activated my card i was ask if i had a checking account i replied yes. They said i received an additional $1000 dollars asked for my account information they say its only to verify. My sister told me something didnt sound right but i said he just wanted to verify. After he told me he wasnt sending information to my email and sending my membership catalog in the mail. I didnt receive anything after 2 weeks. I looked that same day on there website and it had all this fancy merchanise and i was excited to view when i went to sign in it said i didnt activate no account and i know i had just talk to them. so when i decided to contact i couldnt reach the people so it says call between 9-5 and i called at 6 and guess what she picked up i told her i wanted to cancel my account and she said you know its a 79.95 chasrge going to be on your account Friday i said NO! she said yes we told you the day you activated and they didnt. She says it comes in the letter we sent you I said No it didnt you guys are scammers and i dotn agree with anything you say IM TELLING EVERYONE DO NOT I MEAN DO NOT TRUST LPC THIER SCAMMERS THEY ARE AFTER YOU MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT I CONTACTED THE BBB AND I HOPE YOU ALL DO THE SAME SO YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY BACK THEY ARE FAKE PEOPLE AND IM TELLING YOU FROM HEART YOUR HARD EARNING MONEY ITS NOT MEANT FOR PEOPLE THAT STEALS FROM PEOPLE THAT WORK HARD IN THIS ECONOMIC HELP EACH STOP THESE PEOPLE TODAY...

• De
      2nd of Aug, 2008

I recieved the LPC card a few days ago. I did not have time to activate it or read into it right away. When I got the time, I went online to see the products that were offered and immediately all of the bad comments and bad reviews came up. Thankyou to everyone who posted comments, you saved me from a headache and a finacial loss.

11th of Jul, 2008

I strongly agree with everyone that thinks the card is a RIPOFF because it is. There is no way someone is going to give you a 8500 limit unless you have perfect credit. Try Capital One!!