Loving Care Day Care - Gaithersburg, MD / Extremely rude and unprofessional behavior for a child care provider

On the 5th of September my four year old had bruises on his knees of which I had not been informed. Earlier that day the lady at the day care made me sign re-registration papers and told me of a rate increase. She kept on insisting that she had told me of this before. She had given me no notice or anything in writing before or even on the 5th. I noticed the bruises on my son's knee and was going to talk to her on the afternoon of the 6th. Her demeanor was loud and extremely argumentative. I told her that the services provided by the day care was not as good as some others and it still needed to be improved.

On the 6th of September, I dropped my two sons aged 4 and 8 at the day care in Gaithersburg, called Loving Care Day Care on West Side Drive.

After I reached work, I got a call from my husband saying that my older son had not been picked up by the school bus. I call the day care and was in the process of requesting if someone would be able to drop him to the school, when the lady in charge told me that my son was a 'bad kid'. I said that was inappropriate and she said I could go to the county with this. I hung up on her and left work to go take my son to take him to school.

Upon my arrival at the day care the lady Amal who works there yelled out for both my sons and literally threw them out. She yelled at my 4 year old to go with me and never come back.

This was an extremely traumatic experience for both my boys. My older son had heard what Amal had said about him not being good and he was upset. My younger son was worried why he was being yelled at.

This is an extremely rude and unprofessional behavior for a child care provider. It has not only hurt my kids emotionally but confused them.

Va

Comments

• Bo
      9th of May, 2013

I had a similar experience with my daughter at Loving Care Day Care. The operators were very argumentative and were only interested in cramming as many kids as they could into the place so they could make as much money as possible.

After coming in several times and finding my daughter playing with broken toys and the place smelling like a stadium lavatory that hadn't been washed after a major sporting event, I took my daughter elsewhere.

I just tried to find information on them online for refiling an old tax return and was happy to find out that they are no longer in business.