Lovering credit card interest rate / Recorded message to precede lowering credit card interest rate

United States, Nevada, Las Vegas Review updated:
Las Vegas
Phone: 702-456-3735
On 29th of April 11:53 am I received a recorded phone call from a Private Name and Private Phone # regarding President Obama signed contract to lover the credit card interest rates, and go proceed to the processing line.
I believe this is a new kind Phising Phone attacks on Consumers.
When I called Embarq my phone line provider and told the problem, and I wanted trace the phone call where is came from, I been told that is illegal and nothing they can do about that. I want to know how the consumers can protect them self to stop this kind of Phone Phising if the phone companies refusing the cooperation with the consumers.
I belief many thousand of people will receive this kind of calls in the future, acting behalf the credit card companies who’s credited to President Obama!!!

A  23rd of Feb, 2010 by
I agree 100% with you, but I have other story w/Embarq. I noticed on my bill extra $15.00/m charges, plus increased my monthly fee with out any warning. I called Embarq about the new charges, they answer was very rude, some one called Embarq that I have a service with some company, but Embarq not giving out any information, they do what ever they want. I said OK go to HELL, than I called my local cable provider and ordered a digital phone service at half price with same service, then I called Embarq I cancel my Account and shovel to your back!!!
Also we received a very High Volume of phone calls from everywhere of the world, and I was unable to filter out the unwanted calling, because Embarq won’t do anything about that either.

With credit card charges, my wife and I cancelled our account (because doubled the Interest rate, like CitiBank from 15% to 30%), so my older Interest rate frozen, we paid them and than we cancelled the cards.
I think if every body could do that, than may be CreditCard companies would wake up.