Love Boat complete collection / Pirate copies, incomplete collection, poor quality

1 PO Box 67771Albuquerque 87193, NM, United States Review updated:

In January of 2009 I ordered what was advertised as a complete Love Boat Collection featuring all episodes of the series in correct chronological order. I placed this order with TVMania.com. What I received was a pirated collection that is missing more than half of the aired episodes from the series.

Today I received a shipment from a company called TVDVDBoxset.com. I had placed the same order (complete Love Boat Collection) hoping that I would indeed receive what had been advertised on the website. (Every episode from the series, new and in chronological order.) I opened my package to find the exact same low quality, hodge podge, incomplete, pirated collection that I had received from TVMania back in January. It seems that these video thieves change their name and website frequently, hoping to snag the same customers who are looking for an authentic product.

My email complaints have been ignored although the websites do promise refunds for valid complaints.

These sets were both sent from China and there is no return address available.

I have lost over $120. These kinds of pirate warehouses that obviously operate with some US conspirators, need to be accountable for their intentional false advertising.

Comments

• Th
      16th of May, 2009

I just noticed that DVDMediaUniverse is selling the same Love Boat Complete Series package for the same price and with the same advertising blurb and jacket as the aforementioned complaint. My advice is...stay away.

• Tv
      28th of May, 2009

Hi this is Maggie.

I am the owner of tvdvdboxset.com. Please verify your facts before making false accusations.

We do not ship product from China. We are just an advertiser/associate for Amazon - you can easily verify this by placing a fake/test order on our site.

We are unfortunately getting a lot of people confusing us with tvdvdboxsetS.com who as far as we can tell do ship product from China. For whatever reason they also refer to our site name tvdvdboxset in their copyright notice. We have nothing to do with them.

Please check the sender of your order reply confirmation to verify this also. If you ordered from us everything goes via Amazon including your order confirmation.

We totally agree these DVD scams should be made accountable - just don't take out legitimate businesses in the process thereby letting the bad guys divert the blame.

Regards,
    Maggie

• Zi
      31st of May, 2009

To maggie,
    You are so full of *&(*&, it isn't funny. It does not matter if your url is lower case or upper case. It goes to the same domain.
    I too, ordered a box set which arrived via EMS, obviously from china or some third world country. Full of commercials, three don't work, no original art...
    Your site sells nothing but counterfiet goods., YES, I said YOUR SITE.
    Your site misrepresents the GEO TRUST LOGO, is not secure and does not warn buyers that they may be purchasing items shipped via EMS or fakes.
    The least you could do is be honest, but that would be too much to expect from someone who runs a dishonest web site and takes advantage of USA Consumers.
    P.S. 20 emails have yet to be answered by your site...And I don't have a spam blocker !!!
    Items can't be returned because you don't include ANY information on the package or with the item...
    BUYERS BEWARE - THIS SITE IS A FAKE AND RIPOFF !!!
    And Maggie, if you like you may contact me directly... Just call the US Attorneys Office and ask for the FRAUD Division.

• Tv
      31st of May, 2009

Hi Zimmy,

We totally understand your anger and confusion.

You are correct tvdvdboxsets.com (they have a 's' in their name) do ship from China via EMS. How do we know? Because at least 90 people have called our number thinking that we are them - that's how we know. We are not them. We are tvdvdboxset.com (we have no 's' in our name).

We totally understand your confusion. As mentioned before we get at least 3-4 people daily abusing us thinking we are tvdvdboxsets.com. I guess that's the price we pay for having a similar domain name to them. They (tvdvdboxsets.com) also include the name tvdvdboxset (without an 's') on their copyright for perhaps attention diverting reasons i.e. perhaps so we are the scapegoat.

Please note tvdvdboxsets.com have the Geotrust logo - we (tvdvdboxset.com) don't, so you definitely have us confused with them. Just compare the two sites, they are completely different.

Anyone including the US Attorneys Office FRAUD Division are welcome to contact us at the number on our site (and below) as we want to see the bad operators removed just as much as anybody. I am glad someone is finally doing something about this.

We have warnings all over our website trying to educate the public on the dangers of ordering DVDs online. The problem is people go for the cheapest deals online without verifying the sites they order from.

a. Make sure the site has a contact phone and email contact
    b. Make sure they ship locally in your country
    c. check a complaints boards like this one to verify if the company has any complaints against them
    d. as a last resort credit card charge backs may be your only option

Hope this helps,