Louis Vuitton / san diego store at fashion valley

1 San Diego, CA, United States

On August 20, 2018, my wife and I purchased a Louis Vuitton (LV) hand bag at a LV store in Las Vegas, Nevada. My wife received a courtesy initial surface engrave by sales person Andrea on the address tassle that is manually connected to the exterior of the bag. The whole experience was friendly, courteous and professional.

On September 1, 2018, after numerous complaints, my wife decided to return the purchased bag for a lighter bag at the LV store in Fashion Valley, San Diego. While we were there we were not approached for 10 minutes by a sales assistance. When we finally was approached, my wife wanted to see two items that were on the shelf. After two minutes my wife decided on a hand bag. My wife told by client advisor, Yuliya Bushlova, that she wanted to return the purchased bag. Ms. Bushlova took the bag, inspected it and continued processing the transaction at the register. After she completed the exchange I was told by Ms. Bushlova that because the bag cost more that I owed an additionally $203.00 was due. I paid it. The client advisor takes the bag to their back room to wrap the bag at least we thought. When she returned she told my wife and I that the bad could not be returned because my wife's initials were stamped on the address tag. I attempted to maintain myself. I told the client advisor that when we brought this hand bag in Las Vegas we were told that the return policy states that we have 30 days on all returns. I then requested a manager. She went back to the back again, then returned after 15 minutes. When she returned she was by herself. At this point I never experienced this before and felt like as an African American couple that we are now being racially discriminated against because of the color of our skin. I requested the manager once more. He finally came out and proceeded to say that the bag could not be returned because the address tie had my wife's initials and now the bag was destroyed. I told him that if you wanted to achieve good customer service instead of not trying to satisfy the customers needs why don't you call the Vegas store and verify this information with them. We were never told by Las Vegas store that the bag could not be returned. The first option I explained to the manager is he could have the Vegas store pay the $60 fee that your store wants to charge. The manager and client advisor both went to the back and after a total of one hour and 20 minutes she said came back out with an attitude and said that we will give you the bag however, the bag that you returned cannot be resold. Did we really need to know that? Customers do not need to know the details, just provide a level of service that exceeds the customer expectations.

First issue is this has been the worst experience my wife and I have endured after purchasing over 12 hand bags from Louis Vuitton. Second issue is the San Diego store completed the purchase of the difference in a more expensive hand bag and there were no issues. The third issue is the level of service and time allowed to finally receive the merchandise that was purchased was substandard and even unsatisfactory. The last issue that has upset me is that my wife and I were treated this way because of the color of our skin. The time we waited by the register while customer after customer was getting transactions completed was embarrassing and totally un-called for. My wife and I were so close to requesting a refund but I chose not to because this was my wife's and I 23 year anniversary gift. This experience was terrible and I do not want any more people of color to experienced this type of behavior/customer service. My wife are really thinking about purchasing a different brand of hand bag that appreciates, respects and values their customer. As a former veteran of the United States Marine Corps, I will never recommend this product to military members and their families past or present. You must do better.

Harold Stewart
CWO3 USMC Retired

• Updated by Mr. Stewart, Sep 01, 2018

On September 1, 2018, after numerous complaints, my wife decided to return the purchased bag for a lighter bag at the LV store in Fashion Valley, San Diego. While we were there we were not approached for 10 minutes by a sales assistance. When we finally was approached, my wife wanted to see two items that were on the shelf. After two minutes my wife decided on a hand bag. My wife told by client advisor, Yuliya Bushlova, that she wanted to return the purchased bag. Ms. Bushlova took the bag, inspected it and continued processing the transaction at the register. After she completed the exchange I was told by Ms. Bushlova that because the bag cost more that I owed an additionally $203.00 was due. I paid it. The client advisor takes the bag to their back room to wrap the bag at least we thought. When she returned she told my wife and I that the bad could not be returned because my wife’s initials were stamped on the address tag. I attempted to maintain myself. I told the client advisor that when we brought this hand bag in Las Vegas we were told that the return policy states that we have 30 days on all returns. I then requested a manager. She went back to the back again, then returned after 15 minutes. When she returned she was by herself. At this point I never experienced this before and felt like as an African American couple that we are now being racially discriminated against because of the color of our skin. I requested the manager once more. He finally came out and proceeded to say that the bag could not be returned because the address tie had my wife’s initials and now the bag was destroyed. I told him that if you wanted to achieve good customer service instead of not trying to satisfy the customers needs why don’t you call the Vegas store and verify this information with them. We were never told by Las Vegas store that the bag could not be returned. The first option I explained to the manager is he could have the Vegas store pay the $60 fee that your store wants to charge. The manager and client advisor both went to the back and after a total of one hour and 20 minutes she said came back out with an attitude and said that we will give you the bag however, the bag that you returned cannot be resold. Did we really need to know that? Customers do not need to know the details, just provide a level of service that exceeds the customer expectations.

First issue is this has been the worst experience my wife and I have endured after purchasing over 12 hand bags from Louis Vuitton. Second issue is the San Diego store completed the purchase of the difference in a more expensive hand bag and there were no issues. The third issue is the level of service and time allowed to finally receive the merchandise that was purchased was substandard and even unsatisfactory. The last issue that has upset me is that my wife and I were treated this way because of the color of our skin. The time we waited by the register while customer after customer was getting transactions completed was embarrassing and totally un-called for. My wife and I were so close to requesting a refund but I chose not to because this was my wife’s and I 23 year anniversary gift. This experience was terrible and I do not want any more people of color to experienced this type of behavior/customer service. My wife are really thinking about purchasing a different brand of hand bag that appreciates, respects and values their customer. As a former veteran of the United States Marine Corps, I will never recommend this product to military members and their families past or present. You must do better.

Harold Stewart