Lottery Promo - Bejamin M. Cohen / Mr. Darrel Lockhart

1 US Review updated:

I received this e-mail; I think this is fake!!!, Can some body verify this!!!.

Dear Customer,

We announce to you of our Lottery Promo Results. Your Email appears to be one of the 7 Lucky Winners, with the following Codes:

Sort Code: 5398
Registered Code: FAB/05/2009
Amount Won: $834, 236.55 USD

Please Contact your Claims Personnel with the informations below for the processing of your Claims:

Contact Person: Mr. Darren Lockhart

5. Date of Birth.
6. Nationality.
7. Sort Code.
8. Registered Code.

Please note that if you are below 18 years of age and you receive this, you will be automatically disqualified from your winning claim.

Mrs. Benjamin .N. Cohen.

This E-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended Recipient please accept our apologies; Please do not Disclose, Copy or Distribute Information in this E-mail or take any action in Reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be Unlawful. Please inform us that this Message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your Co-operation. This Promo is Governed and monitored by the Gambling Commission of United Kingdom Gaming Board and Censored Copyright ?? 2009. All Rights are reserved.

Je

Comments

• Gu
      Aug 24, 2009

well i can be sure that it is fake, i get those kinds of emails almost everyday,

• Mj
      Aug 24, 2009

I got the exact same email... word for word! Total scam!

• Si
      Aug 25, 2009

i think it is because i recieved the same email word for word and all the numbers were the same...i dunno was goin on but dat ### need 2 step

• Ca
      Aug 26, 2009

I got the same email, winning more money but with a different reference number. I called the gaming commission in the UK and I am waiting to hear back from them. I'm sure it's a scam, but at least i can try to catch the person. If you follow through not giving information but asking them to send you a certified cheque they ask you for something like $775 usd before they send you your money...NOT!

The only thing is that it dosen't follow the standard fraud email, no links attached, and they have copyrights on the bottom for the gaming board which anyone can check out. On top of being charged with fraud you can also be charged with forging copyrights! I will keep everyone posted once I talk to the gaming commission but don't send any info or money!

• Fj
      Sep 03, 2009

I also received the exact same e-mail, word for word, same sort code, registered code, and amount verbatim. It's a total scam. I hope someone catches these people.

• Jc
      Sep 23, 2009

I received the same exact email in 2 different email accounts that I have...I questioned the guy about this and informed him I am not giving out any information...well he did not send me what I was looking for...so I wrote back stating that I went to my attorney (I work for an attorney) and he is wanting proof or documents backing this email up...needless to say, he has not yet responded, but was very quick in responding to my first email...

• Ke
      Mar 19, 2010

This is so obviously a scam, lottery agents wouldn't ask you to send emails back with your personal details, you would have to go in somewhere to prove your identity, etc, and they also wouldn't ask you to send any monies to receive money you have won. I also received the same following email;

Dear Customer,

6. Nationality.
    7. Sort Code.
    8. Registered Code.

Mr. Robert .G, Botha.

This E-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended Recipient please accept our apologies; Please do not Disclose, Copy or Distribute Information in this E-mail or take any action in Reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be Unlawful. Please inform us that this Message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your Co-operation. This Promo is Governed and monitored by the Gambling Commission of the United Kingdom Gaming Board and Censored Copyright © 2009. All Rights are reserved.