Loss Mitigation Services / Scam, No refunds as promised

1 CA, United States Review updated:

LMS Loss Mitigation Services charged $3995 to do a loan modification with the promise of a full refund if they are not successful. They say that the entire process is 30-60 days. after 6 months LMS could not get me a loan modification, continued to tell me it was taking so long because they were backed up with to many clients etc. I requested a refund numerous times & each time I was denied & was told that if I stop the process before they are finished that I was not entitled to a refund. Well after 8 months of nothing, I was also in contact with my mortgage companies throught the process & was told numerous times that LMS had not sent or contacted them for 30-60 days at a time. After 9 months of zero progress my condo went up for auction. LMS still refuses to refund my money. Complete SCAM, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY with lossmitigationservices.com

Comments

12th of Apr, 2009

I am so sorry to hear of your lost and what you had to go through. I live in Georgia and King 10 Client Services, LLC sent me a flyer. I am in the process of loosing my home and I was going to consider them but this time I looked them up in the Better Business Bureau, there was no information on them so I looked at the Website that they provided and I came across your comments.

Thank you so much for sharing your comments with every one.

I hope there is a way that you can get your money back. Again I am so sorry to hear.

AI

12th of Apr, 2009

thank you.

• Yo
      12th of Aug, 2009

My husband and I have been in this so called loan modif. also provided them with $3500 as of today we have received one phone call saying that our current home lender will not contact them back this has been five months in process and now we are about to lose our home I agree it is a total SCAM DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY YOU WILL PROBABLY END UP LOSING YOUR HOME

• Ti
      24th of Sep, 2010

Loss Mitigation Services "LMS" which is located in Santa Ana, CA was a BIG scam. We were scrimping to pay our mortgage every month, we were current but our mortgage rate was over 8% and was due to climb. LMS said we were perfect candidates. This was August 2008. After filling out mounds of paper work with them, they dropped the bomb that they were ready to send the application to our mortgage co after we paid them $3600.00. We could not afford to pay the fee plus our mortgage. LMS told us that our case would look better if we were not current on our mortgage. We told them we would pay half and the other half once the app was sent. This process took 3 - 4 months. We started to get suspicious, researched modification companies on line. We asked LMS for their license number. They gave us a license number that was expired. They claimed that attorney's will be a part of the negotiations. I asked to speak with one of their attorneys. They gave me a number of a attorney, I checked him out through the state bar association. He was a real person with a current license to practice law. We continued to have hope and continued to call the LMS company every week. After refraining from calling the mortgage company ourselves (because they told us to not call) we called the negotiations department. They did receive our application but they said that they had such a back up it would be 30 MORE days. It had already been two months. Meanwhile, our mortgage note went from collections to foreclosure to a foreclosure attorney which had set the auction date. They told us that the foreclosure would proceed unless they hear from the mortgage company to put a hold on the auction. After many letters and phone calls between us and the mortgage negotiations department and the foreclosure attorneys (by this time LMS was not even returning my phone calls) they finally put a hold on the auction the day before it was due to be sold. By this time it was April 28, 2009. Five months after our mortgage company received our modification application. Six months of not paying a mortgage.

Well, to end this bad story...my husband died on April 29, 2009. Two days later I was notified that my modification was denied. LMS was not communicating with me nor returning any of my e-mails or phone calls, and ignored my requests for a refund. I had to short sale my home of 20 years in order to save it from foreclosure.

Is this the same Loss MItigation company that you had experience with? The address I have for them is Carnegie Avenue in Santa Ana, CA.

26th of Oct, 2013

Any word on Pristine Loss Mitigation...need to hear feed back before proceeding...HARM candidate...RSVP here

• Ph
      26th of Oct, 2013

The Company called LMS (loss mitigation services) located in Santa Ana is not the same company as Pristine Loss Mitigation. The words are just similar. Pristine has a location in Ontario, CA. I got my mod with Pristine and I'm very happy with it and would recommend them to everyone. Reply for more details or information on who helped me.

• Ag
      29th of Oct, 2013

To Phylisha Guzman: I just spoke with Kay at Pristine. Did you have to pay any fees? Kay advised me that there weren't any fees, so I can't figure out how they get paid or what's in it for them to help. How long did it take to get your modification? What information/documents did you have to provide? Thanks in advance.

• Va
      30th of Oct, 2013

I am about to do a loan mod with Pristine Loss Mitigation a "hardship" scenario. I was told that Wells Fargo had been given money to address this issue, that I qualified for this kind of help under the HAMP 2 program and that WF was interested in working with me. I am being asked to pay $3, 800+ up front. Knowing what your experience was with PLM, would you advise me to move forward and work with them?

• Mb
      31st of Oct, 2013

To Agee, R.
    I was told there are many new programs out now for homeowners especially, for those "under water", that means we owe more than our home is worth. Anyhow, I began the application process with Pristine Loss Mitigation in CA a week ago. They are asking for $3, 990.00 but I can break it up in 2-3 payments. They said I qualify to have my Home Equity Line of Credit in the amount of $171, 700 reduced to $17K-$18. That's 10 cents on a dollar. Well, that is too good to be true. My husband thinks it's a scam. In addition, I was told I would "better" qualify if I default on my mortgage for 2 months, which I am current on my 1st & 2nd mortgage. I'm just looking to reduce the interest rate of 5.125% and saving money. My hands are up in the air. Somebody help! We haven't made our decision but it looks like it's going to be a no.

• Mb
      31st of Oct, 2013

To Agee, R:
    I forgot to mention, the documents requested from me were current paystubs, current electric bill, mortgage & bank statements

• Ph
      1st of Nov, 2013

To Agee R and everyone else,
    To my knowledge, Pristine is not a non profit organization. My fee was just under 3 grand and yes, it was what I thought was upfront, but my agent finally explained to me that upfront means when they take money from us but don't submit any of our documents to our lenders. I was taught that once they send our papers and application to the bank they can charge. It takes a lot to prepare and review our documents and they also have the qualifying software that the banks use. After I understood that they are paid for document processing and preparation and not a modification, the light bulb went off. I've been denied 2 other times from Bank of America for not having enough income. Well ya I've always thought, if I had "enough" income, I wouldn't have missed payments on my house. Duuuh!!! The 3 grand I paid can really never truly repay them for what they have done for me and my family. I would tell all of you to work with them. They truly are a blessing.

13th of Nov, 2013

To Phylisha Guzman: Can you please provide the full company name, address and phone number?? We have started discussion with Pristine Loss Mitigation (office in Anaheim, California). I'm concerned which is why I'm looking them up. It's possible these are 2 different companies. But it also looks like some people are not responding here which could mean they are either really busy, not paying attention or trying to take the focus off of Pristine. We were told by Kris (man) that there is a $4, 700 fee!! That is a BIG challenge but will be worked out and definitely worth if this is legitimate. We were also told to STOP making our mortgage payments. Although we are barely scraping by, the payments have been made. Of course, not making the payments will allow us to cover the FEES to Pristine. My questions for Phylisha, and anyone else who has had a positive experience with Pristine Loss Mitigation: How long did it take to get your modification? Did they ask you to stop making your mortgage payments? IF they are not paid for the modification, then how can they assure you that the modification will go through? We were assured that it WILL and that was after we provided the information on earnings and expenses. Thank You all for your time and your help!!

• Mr
      14th of Nov, 2013

I've been watching this blog closely for the last mo and have reserved commenting one way or another until my services were complete. I signed up with them back in August and I got approved for a modification this wk. I had a hard time getting this done with my bank alone--I got the run around for so long. I know I needed help but its hard to trust anyone. I found this company and I signed up...scared to death at first. In the long run they set my mind at ease and I got what I was looking for. I was behind 8 mos on my mortgage so I can't comment on others situations as far as being behind etc. At the end of the day its a shame what banks are doing to homeowners and ppl like me feel like they have no where to turn when things get tough. I wish you guys all the best whatever you decide.

15th of Nov, 2013

Mr. Smith: What is the full name and address of the company you used?
    Are you saying that PRISTINE LOSS MITIGATION helped you to get a modification?
    AND the modification took THREE+ months?? August, September, October, finalized in November.

15th of Nov, 2013

I'm trying to confirm the Company name, address, etc. to make certain we are working with a reputable company.
    My partner is VERY stressed about possibly losing the $4, 700 that had to be borrowed to get this done. Almost ready to cancel the transaction.
    PRISTINE LOSS MITIGATION is NOT a member of the Better Business Bureau, but there are no complaints.
    Possible there is a confusion between Loss Mitigation Services and Pristine Loss Mitigation. Also possible that they are the same company.
    Still possible that Pristine Loss Mitigation is a SCAM as well.
    ANY help with SPECIFIC DETAILS would be tremendously appreciated.
    Best Wishes to all of you!!

15th of Nov, 2013

Company we are working with is PRISTINE LOSS MITIGATION in Anaheim, California. They also have offices in Ontario, Irvine and Newport Beach, all in California.

• Sh
      15th of Nov, 2013

Do not dare use prestien loss midication for a loan modification! I was told I was getting a principle reduction thru direct referral service, Kay Comer. Once it went to prestine which I was told he was a retired Judge and has NEVER lost with bank of America, I just had Jr. Processors working on my file ...over 6 different people I never got a modification. I was told the offer BOA gave me three months prior to hiring this firm was a good deal and they closed My file. I Have filed a complaint with the better business bureau! Don't give them 2, 995.00!!!

• Mr
      18th of Nov, 2013

@gorgeous4life I used Pristine which is located in Anaheim. The address on my contract is 950 N Tustin in Anaheim. My mod took three months...I started late Aug...was approved this mo. Have you called your rep and asked these questions? Mine was very helpful...

20th of Nov, 2013

@Mr. Smith: Yes, I have asked these questions of our Rep at Pristine with the same address you have shown. Of course anyone, even a scammer, will deny that they are scamming. I've explained to them that I am concerned.
    I am VERY glad you got your modification!! And I am VERY appreciative of your message. We went forward after not being able to find any other negatives, nor did I see the message from shom2700. We were charged $4, 700!! Have no idea how this is going to work out but we are going forward on faith.
    If anyone else has had dealings with PRISTINE Loss Mitigation in California, I would appreciate your feedback.

• Sg
      25th of Nov, 2013

To one and all:

Am starting the process now with Pristine Loss Mitigation and they sound legit based on my dealings with the underwriter folks (Robert) and document processor (Danielle Williams - 714-294-2915). It was good to hear that there are actual modifications that took place with this particular company. I'm in the "jumbo loan" category and had to pre-quality for available services by sending a bunch of documents (took 1 week and most because of me getting documents together).

Re: Staff and Location
    Pristine employees are asking the right questions to qualify for modification and I'm getting responses to questions as they come up quickly. They have real people answering phones. I also checked with the property management firm that leases the complex they are in (950 N. Tuslin Ave. in Anaheim) and understand they are tenants so there is a real location with real people working there. Also "googled" and got a photo view of their location and looks like a business complex.

Re: Upfront Fees.
    They are not allowed to charge before services are rendered according to California state law, but Pristine Loss Mitigation apparently takes all money into an escrow account and pays for the services as they occur during the process. I've arrange for 2 payments 30 days apart because I refuse to pay upfront "before" I get services or get loan package into Chase Banking system. I should know within the 30 days period (i.e., before 30 days is up for 2nd payment) what my status is and would have had a chance to talk to a Chase Bank representative along with my modification loan representative about what kind of modification program I will be eligible for. This way, if something goes amiss, I'm only trying to get 50% of the fees back.

Will email when I get further down the road. Hope this helps.