Lose Weight Systems / unauthorized supplements sent

1 1155 W. Pioneer Blvd. Ste. 103-211Mesquite, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-430-1529

I received a bottle of weight loss pills from this company which I have never heard of. The pills are called 'AdiposeRX'. I went online to check this company out and found numerous complaints about unauthorized shipments of these pills being charged to people's accounts. Upon checking my credit card through my bank, I found that I, too, have been charged $34.84 for these diet supplements. I have been skinny all my life and do not need these pills.

Lose Weight Systems

Comments

Th
  17th of Feb, 2009

I don't like being ripped off!

Mx
  23rd of Feb, 2009

I too have received these and did not order them and was charged. I filed a dispute with my credit ared company, but received another bottle today! Will return to sender these. Maybe if they pay the shipment back they will stop!

Pi
  23rd of Feb, 2009

I also just received the exact same thing, completely unsolicited, in the mail. And based on the postings in this board, went and checked my credit card statement, et voila, there was a charge for $34.84. And now I can expect to see these for every two weeks.

Besides being furious that somebody stole (more properly, sold) my credit card number to one of these scammers, and the hassle that this will put me through...

I blame the credit card companies. They have GOT to be getting tons of complaints about these kinds of companies, and yet they do NOTHING about it. Sure, if you dispute it, they will take the one charge off...but the "loseweightsystems.com" people have NO intention of cancelling your "subscription", because they KNOW that they credit card companies will do NOTHING about this.

Rs
  23rd of Feb, 2009

Just received a bottle of "CarallumaExtreme" in the mail unsolicited. I found this site and then checked my accounts online but found no charges. I then received a call from the fraud unit of my credit card company questioning this charge. Good work credit card folks! They indicated that this charge was an "online" purchase. Of course this is a purchase I never made. My company cancelled the charge and will be reissuing new cards with new account numbers. I will be contacting the postal inspector as well. Oh, I highly recommend Cabelas Visa!

Ko
  23rd of Feb, 2009

So what's the best thing to do with the package? I reported the fraudulent charge and got a new card, but should I return the package to sender, send them to my credit card company for investigation, or toss them in the trash?

Pa
  25th of Feb, 2009

We had the same experience as all the others. I called the company that sent us the pills at 1-800-430-1529 and they issued a credit. They said that the order had been placed with our AOL screen name on the date that my husband had spinal surgery.

Co
  25th of Feb, 2009

My wife received two packages from this company(she too is thin) but she did not order anything from them. The person we called said the product was ordered over the internet and they had her name, our email address, our phone number, correct address, and obviously our credit card number. The company rep said they would refund the money (we'll see). They were not too concerned with what we did with their amazing product. My attorney told me to report the episode to the FBI at www.ic3.gov. I will also report it to the attorneys general of Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. I think I will contact the postal service too. We immediately canceled the card but we would really like to find out how this bunch got our information.

Bl
  25th of Feb, 2009

Came home and noticed a delivery from "Lose Weight Systems". Never placed an order nor would I ever. Looked up all my credit cards and bank accounts but no charges. Free junk I guess. If they keep sending it, I will create a stockpile and resell on Craigslist I guess.

Aren't you guys supposed to AGREE with the complaint? Why are you disagreeing with the complaint. You're just a comment, not a complaint. =P

An
  27th of Feb, 2009

I TOO WAS JUST DELIVERED A BOTTLE OF THESE PILLS AND LOOKED AT THEIR WEBSITE THAT JUST SAID THANKS FOR THE ORDER???? I LOOKED AT MY BANK ACCOUNT AND SEEN I WAS ALSO CHARGED FOR THE PILLS THAT I DIDNT ORDER, CALLED THE COMPANY AND THEY SAID IT WAS AN INTERNET ORDER, THEY HAD ALL MY INFORMATION, THEY SAID THEY WOULD CREDIT MY ACCOUNT IN ABOUT 5 DAYS AND WOULD CANCEL FUTURE SHIPMENTS. COULD NOT TELL ME HOW THEY GOT MY INFO. NOW WHAT DO I DO TO PREVENT THIS AGAIN??

Ak
  27th of Feb, 2009

I just recieved my second bottle of pills. After I recieved the first one, they had not yet charged my card so I thought just a mistake, but I checked my account and they have indeed charged me 34.84, and are about to charge me a second time.
thanks for the headsup.

Sl
  27th of Feb, 2009

Just got off the phone with American Express, as I have received 2 unsolicited bottles of pills - did not show up on credit card until the most recent statement. American Express said that since the credit card number is being used fraudently, that they would put in a fraud investigation, and that I would need a new card (which, by the way, they are expediting and sending to me on Monday at no extra charge). I recommend that all of you who have been affected by this cancel your cards and get new ones, and report to everyone possible - Utah and Nevada attorney general, FBI, US Postal Service.

Do
  28th of Feb, 2009

DO NOT CALL THEIR 800 number to get a refund. Instead, call your credit card company, and ask for the Security Team or Fraud Operations. They will file a formal complaint against the merchant to help get them shut down.

If you contact these criminals, it lets them reverse the charge without getting a strike against their name, allowing them to stay in business longer.

As for the pills, THROW THEM OUT! The sellers lied about everything else, God only knows what they are putting in the pills.

Ki
  28th of Feb, 2009

My credit card company called me so that I can verify a purchase that was being made by Lose Weight Systems. The Credit Card company to me that it related to some type of medicine. I told the company that I did not authorized anything regarding pills. The card was closed and an investigation was executed by the Company. Today, I received a second bottle which I am throwing out. I also placed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.

Ki
  28th of Feb, 2009

I received a bottle of "CarallumaExtreme" in the mail unsolicited. I found this site and then checked my accounts online but found no charges. I then received a call from the fraud unit of my credit card company questioning this charge. Good work credit card folks! They indicated that this charge was an "online" purchase. Of course this is a purchase I never made. My company cancelled the charge and will be reissuing new cards with new account numbers. I will be contacting the postal inspector as well.

Jd
  28th of Feb, 2009

As a truck driver, my package arrived on the 25th. My credit card has the amount pending, and the people there can't do anything until it goes through. I had to ask them to cancel the card and issue a new one. Not happy. Not sure who's worst, the credit card companys (for not listening to the blogs) or the scammers, they both seem to cost me.

Ml
  1st of Mar, 2009

I recieved a bottle of caralluma extreme, whick I did not order and have since been charged.
I will be filing with the Minnesota States Attorny tomorrow as well as changing my card.
I recommend everyone do the same.

Mm
  2nd of Mar, 2009

I just got off phone with Steven who "said" he would refund me for my first bottle within 24-48 hours and put a request in thru their financial department for the second bottle. When I asked where he got our personal info and my husband's military email, he replied whoever put the request in "obtained" the info and his credit card number!

Where do these people come from? They must answer the phone all day long for refunds! My next step is to report this fraud to my credit card company .

Ch
  4th of Mar, 2009

I would like to join in filing a lawsuit for these unauthorized shipments and charges. This has cost me time and money to return the product, go to the bank, change credit card numbers. If there is a suit please let me know.

CH

Wh
  7th of Mar, 2009

I received a bottle from Lose Weight Systems on 3/6/2009. I marked it refused and sent it back via USPS 3/7/2009. I contacted American Express. They had no transaction at that time and made a note about the incident. They said if a charge came in then it would be handled as fraud.

WH

Nevada
Phone: 877-763-5283
loseweightsystems.com

Obtained Name and Debit Card number through unknown means

Charged debit card and mailed unsolicited package