Lose Weight Systems / Unauthorized charges

1 1155 West Pioneer Blvd., Suite 103-211, Mesquite, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-763-5283

Adipose Rx created an unauthorized charge on my credit card--I notified the company and they had to cancel the card, causing me many problems with the need to have a new card overnighted and having to set up a new account in my Quicken account.

Then, a package with 'New Caralluma Extreme' arrived at my mailing address, again unordered and unauthorized.

These people seem to be running some kind of national scam--the Attorney General of Nevada needs to shut them down ASAP. Many people may not notice the charge to their account because of its small amount (creating a big headache). Somebody is making a lot of money with this scam and somebody needs to go to jail...

Cl

Comments

• Er
      13th of Feb, 2009

Had the same thing happen to me right down to the product shipment. I am on the phone with my credit card company right now to handle this.

• Lw
      13th of Feb, 2009

My wife just called me about a a charge on our card for a little over $34 from adiposerx.com, I went to their website and they claim they are in compliance with the law and that any returned item will be charged a 15% restocking fee plus $4.85 shipping fee. It's an illeagal scam.

• Wa
      18th of Feb, 2009

Weight reducing item charged and mailed to me uncompletely unsolicited. Had to replace my credit card because somehow they got my credit card number.

• Te
      18th of Feb, 2009

I recieved an unsolicited order yesterday. I found the charge today and quickly contacted the CC company. I had to cancel my card and I am disputing the charges. I have no idea where they got my CC number

• Tr
      18th of Feb, 2009

I to have been a victim of this scam, in my case I reported the fraudulent charge to my CU who immediately cancelled all my cards and re-issued new cards.

I have done a lot of research regarding the scam it appears the scams source goes back to the compromise of Heartland data, the press reports that up to 100 million cards may have been compromised. There is also suggestion that Lose Weight Systems aka Adipose RX may also be victims as the hackers may be using their web site to test the cards/data, which could of course result in a much larger charge at some future date.

If you research the internet by putting in adipose rx scam you will find hundreds of complaints from other victims.

However one fact from this the charge is a recurrent charge for auto ship from Lose Weight Systems so if you do not cancel the card you will most likely receive further orders.

• Tr
      18th of Feb, 2009

Some interesting facts regarding this scam.

Adipose RX is medical terminology for Fat Prescription.

On your credit card entry you will find the letters KN which is the country code for SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS this indicates where the charge was made from and also explains why you have received an international transaction charge.

• Bo
      20th of Feb, 2009

same thing with me... got the product and the charge .
    I called the 800 # from the CC charge and a very polite man said that i must have ordered on the internet...I said "i would not have ordered such a product..i live alone and am under weight.."
    He said "no problem..I'll cancel it and credit your card" and gave me a number to write down
    Now I'll check my current activity and see when the credit goes thru.. If it doesnt, I'll call back...
    He never asked me if i got the product or to send it back

• Vi
      21st of Feb, 2009

You're correct. I received the same product in the mail today but had the charge reveresed on my card already. You must watch your account like a hawk in these days. Thieves abound.

• Br
      22nd of Feb, 2009

I also recieved this lose weight product from adipose rx and a charge of 34.84 from my account. I have never ordered anything like this from the inter-net. I just got off the phone with my bank and I had to cancel my account. I was told by my bank that alot of these fruadelent companies will just put in numbers randomly hoping they get a hit, I guess that is how they got into my account. I also had a charge for 1.05 from an international tranaction and then the 1.05 was credited to my account. Then I recieved a statement from my UPS account for a 1.05 credit. I have not used my ups account for 3 years. So I am going to contact them also.

23rd of Feb, 2009

Just got off the phone with The U.S. Postal Service. This constitutes mail fraud. Contact USPS to complain about this company.

23rd of Feb, 2009

My credit card company called me with the fraudulent charge on my account. So i cancelled my credit card and got a new one.
    A few days later i received a bottle of the weight loss pills in the mail. then another bottle came a few days after that...did anyone else have this problem? how do i get them to stop sending me these pills??

• Rj
      24th of Feb, 2009

I received a bottle of CarallumaExtreme in the mail yesterday and found the charge on my credit card today. I called the company and spoke to "Bailey" who assured me that the order would be refunded and all other "orders" cancelled. I asked for an explanation as to why my credit card was charged without authorization and an explanation as to how my CC number was obtained. There was no answer to that question. I asked for the name of the owner of the company as a name for the police report because this is theft by any definition. No name was given but a physical address of 223 W Bulldog #223 in Provo, Utah, 84604 was given to me. I notified Provo Police Dept and they are now checking this address. Make a police report if this has happened to you and let's get these people arrested.

• Dl
      25th of Feb, 2009

Same charge : ADIPOSE RX 8004301529 KN $35.19
    Foreign Curr Tran Fee .35

Immediately called my Visa company, cancelled the
    card and had another reissued.
    Filed a dispute charge with my Visa company against the charge. Filed complaint with FBI fraudulence hotline.

As stated above, this will be a reoccuring charge on
    your card UnLess you have your CC card cancelled and reissued under another number. The pills WILL
    keep coming in the mail unless you do.

Concerning the companies Guilt from Compliance or
    Innocence; I can honestly say they may be unwilling
    victims . I once had my own company ripped off
    by scammers ordering items through my website using names/addresses/charge identities that were stolen. Somehow the payment is directed offshore (instead of my bank) where the scammers pick it up. A few days later, the victims of the ID theft were calling me wondering why I had sent them 100 T-shirts. They also mentioned receiving other various items from kitchen utensils to jewelery. I was also
    out the cost of shipping.

A police report can check the compliance of the company, but you must also report the fraud to the
    FBI's fraudulence hotline (which I have done) so
    the international connections can be investigated.

A Word to consumers, keep checking your accounts and keep posting comments like these so others may know what is happening out there.
    No Dear, I'm not trying to lose weight, isn't the only question you may need to answer, but definately cancelling your CC is a first action.
    Don't worry about returning the pills, the company will write them off as a loss to fraud.
    DLM - Maine.

• Mo
      25th of Feb, 2009

i just received the pills today. my wife saw the charge and i immediately canceled the card and filled out the form for fraud. incredible. i wonder if they have my other cc numbers too. scary. did you all send the pills back or just waited for the cc company to act?

• Mo
      26th of Feb, 2009
    Lose Weight Systems - unauthorized credit card charge
    lose weight systems
    1155 w pioneer blvd
    Nevada ,usa
    Phone: 888-332-5541

I RECIEVED, A BOTTLE OF CARALLUMA EXTREME, I NEVER ORDERD THAT PRODUCT ...

unauthorized credit card charge

1155 w pioneer blvd
    Melose weight systemssquite, Nevada
    Phone: 888-332-5541

• Ra
      28th of Feb, 2009

I received CarallumaExtreme diet pills in mail. I did not order this product. I read other complaints of the same nature/product/company. Have not been billed yet, but will dispute when I do.

28th of Feb, 2009

I called the 800 number before contacting my bank just to see if I could get some answers and have them cancel the order and refund the charge. Although the gentleman was slightly aloof, he did actually tell me how it happened. I had ordered a 'Trial' back in October 2008 that I actually never received, and subsequently canceled because I never received the product. 'Walt' told me that under the terms and conditions of the offer, it says in fine print that they are authorized to give your information to other companies. That is how they get your credit card and personal information. He called it 'Cross-promotion'. Fortunately, he canceled my 'order' and refunded my money. It will take 3-5 business days to get to me, so if I don't get it by next week I will be calling the bank.

So, from now on, please read the terms & conditions very carefully!!

• Wi
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Just rec'd a second unordered bottle of AdiposeRX in less than a week. I cancelled my credit card(changed the acct. number) when I was sent the first one.

• Ro
      2nd of Mar, 2009

I began receiving packages from this company in January 2009. As I had not ordered anything from this company, the packages were returned to sender.
    Upon receipt of my credit card statement in January
    2009, I attempted to call the company 800 telephone number as listed on the statement. After a long time of recorded music I ended my call attempt and contacted the credit card company and informed them that I had never ordered anything from this company and had never dealt with them. I had to have me credit card voided and have a new one issued
    as the above company had acquired my credit card number without my knowledge.
    From other complaints that I have read on this website, this appears to be a common scam.

• Ri
      2nd of Mar, 2009

Call this number 888-332-5541. I was charged once and called the credit card company to complain. Today I received another package from these people and came here looking for contact information. I found it and called. I spoke to a very nice guy named Andrew who assured me the charges will be credited and the shipments will stop. Be very careful what you agree to with trials and online promotions. They swear this is a "cross promotional" "fine print" authorization I unknowingly agreed to in January. It may be...but instead of getting all worked up over this just pick up the cell phone and dial the number above and, I am optimistic, it will be fixed and stopped.