Lornik Productions / Fraudsters and cheaters

1 5500 North Service Rd, Burlington, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Wow!!! Seems people like to slander companies or people that don't fulfill their wishes. BUT modeling is A TOUGH BUSINESS to be involved in! That Agency has been around for years and I kinda feel sorry for an agent to take all the blame when THEY DON'T MAKE DECISIONS as to who's selected for an assignment.

This is a little different of a report. What are some people looking for...really? Next, we're going to blame teachers because our kids or we didn't become what our parents expected. Man, that's life!

Maybe due to the recession, a company closed. My gosh, what's next?

I know people got work and people didn't get work AND that is how the business works! One of the ladies writing didn't even have the address of her agency.

I feel sorry for agents as they have alot of flack to deal with.

Sv

Comments

• Be
      28th of Apr, 2009

This MUST be Lorainne writting the above statment...as I was almost taken by her!!!
    But she messed with the wrong person...anyone looking for they money that they never got...write a comment and I can tell you where to find her...

10th of May, 2009

Would definately like to know where Lorainne went, im quite sure she owes alot of us who did work for her and didnt get paid a fair chunk of money

4th of Dec, 2009

hello i too just got burned but was lucky and got my money back but i didn't stop there, just had consumer protection leave my home with all my documents in hand, Lorraine and her English accent side kick are getting charged once again, yes they have been charged once before under lornik but now they go under the name IN MODEL MANAGEMENT LOCATED IN OAK VILLE ON LAKE SHORE ROAD. her real name is Lorraine nickel, i have her car plate number and everything, she really did mess with the wrong one here, but shes being dealt with once again, for all those who got ripped off contact me i have a number and name for the person who came to see me from the consumer protection board im sure she would love all the ammo she can get.

4th of Dec, 2009

anyone who got ripped off by lornik or IN MODEL MANAGEMENT please contact CONSUMER PROTECTION BRANCH

7th of Dec, 2009

PLEASE ANYONE WHO WAS TAKEN BY LORNIK PRODUCTIONS NOW KNOWN AS IN MODEL MANAGEMENT PLEASE CONTACT SUZANNE LIZOTTE @ 416 326 8626 SHE IS AN INVESTIGATOR WITH THE CONSUMERS PROTECTION BRANCH AND HAS ALREADY CHARGED LORRAINE FROM LORNIK PRODUCTIONS AND IS NOW GOING AFTER HER AGAIN UNDER HER NEW BUISNESS NAME IN MODEL MANAGEMENT AS SHE IS RIPPING US OFF ONCE AGAIN UNDER A NEW NAME...PLEASE EVERYONE OR ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF BY LORRAINES OLD COMPANY LORNIK PRODUCTIONS OR HER NEW ONE IN MODEL MANAGEMENT PLEASE CONTACT THE PERSON ABOVE...SUZANNE LIZOTTE @ 416 326 8626. IF YOU WANT TO FIGHT BACK NOWS YOUR CHANCE.

• Mi
      12th of Jan, 2010

GOT WORK!!! Sorry you didn't!! ARE YOU PEOPLE ALL LUNATICS?? YOU'RE ALL MOTIVATED BY YOUR OWN GREED! Shameful! THEN, want to blame someone for YOUR disappointments, as your heads are in lala land somewhere!

YOU are all pretty twisted people and wasting some person's time at Consumer Affairs, for what ...??? Your problems in life that went wrong... ohhhhhhh pooorrrr people you are!

Someone should go after all of you for harrassment and the lady that got her money back should be in deep crap, even, by the consumer lady!

Check out the site of Ed...you people are pathetic like him - seems all agencies have something written on them.
    If you all have time to talk about this company and person you must all have no lives!!! LOL!!!

• Su
      13th of Jan, 2010

Oh the person who just wrote the above comment MUST be Lorainne

• Ms
      3rd of Mar, 2010

WOW SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME INFORMATION ON LORRAINE
    I HAVE JUST BEEN SCAMMED AND IM SO MAD. IM GONNA REPORT HER AND TELL HER OFF. I WANT MY MONEY BACK AND ILL GIVE HER A PIECE OF MY MIND.

• Re
      27th of Mar, 2010

Saw her today, she is still at it!!! In Model Management, 2368 Lakeshore Road W, Oakville, ON L6L 1H5. Phone 905 465 9775 Try doing a reverse look up on that number, I should have! Be aware though she has another number too, I did write it down but cannot find it, I will though and post here.

28th of Mar, 2010

this is for suzy888
    listen here suzy q im the one who got my money back and consumer affairs contacted me, so if there contacting me then something is seriously wrong with in model management, and low and behold there is they have already been charged once for taking ppl for there money, your the one whos pathetic, nobody else out here, were normal people looking for our money back...what is rightfully ours...so im in no trouble sweetheart, no reason to be for what because i fought for what was rightfully mine??????

29th of Mar, 2010

Thanks so much for this info I am calling consumer protection Suzanne right now.My phone numer is 905-319-9220 I would be happy to STOP THIS SERIOUS CON ARTIST before she rips more people.She is so angry you can see from her coments she thinks this is about money o poor Lorainne better get a good lawyer.
    Sanja

7th of Jun, 2010

Listen - we all know modeling is a tough gig. We all have dreams of being someone. The Reality is that we all can't always be what we want. Loraine did nothing for my sister and I, aged 20 at the time. She made false promises that we would make it big!! Promising that my sister would have a great chance at an up and coming L'Oreal commercial. She did not call to let her know of that event, or it's passing. I'm not even sure if it existed. For me I called a couple of months later asking of her why we we not contacted and so on. She then informed me of this casting in Toronto, I trusted in her once again. When I arrived I learned that it was an open casting, there was no one that knew of my arrival. I signed in anyways, before I signed the agreement form the fine print Stated;--- MY PHYSICAL APPEARANCE AND VOCALS COULD BE ALTERED AT ANY TIME, I WOULD HAVE TO SACRIFICE UP TO 6 MONTHS WITH NO GUARANTEED PAY. Did I mention it was a show about gay guys living together. Another process was that i would have to follow a guy with a camera to the outside of the building and take photos with my shirt off to "enhance my chances" F that I was not informed of what I was getting into that day. My girlfriend still laughs at me. Lol Loraine the problem is that you didn't do your job for any one... the money is the second part and your reputation is the third part. By the way how much do you think 16 photos are worth for my sister and I. You can buy them back for $ 2025. Fool me once shame on me fool me twice STILL SHAME ON YOU. I believe in Carma!!! Do you???

6th of Aug, 2010

Hi Lorraine,
    This is Marn. You seem to have made a few enemies. It's OK cause people believe what they want to.
    Thx for getting me something. Guess if these people got something they wouldn't write stuff.
    Oh, bet someone's gonna say it's you writing. HA!
    Lots a jealous people. Lots of people that like to blame someone. That's gonna be you cause you saw them and serviced them or didn't in their eyes. Can't win em all.

Take the criticism cause that's what you have to do when you run a business or go work at McD's like most of these [censor]s. Or just sit at home all day on the computer. These low life's just want to bring you to their level. That's all!

Thanks for the auditions and the couple of gigs I got.
    Not everyone hates you.
    Bye
    hope you remember me - you better

30th of Sep, 2010

This Marn must be Lorraine, it has the same offensive style that she had went I requested her my money back and cancel the agreement that I signed with her. If she had a good business she didn`t yell at her clients, and accepted to cancel the agreement, something that anybody could do in Ontario between the next 10 days after signed it. I would prefer be a [censor] working in a Mc Donalds than the thief she is.

We wanted to cancel the agreement because we noticed that something was bad, she played like a scammer mading us to sign immediately because she was suppose to come back to Toronto that day, she made up a story about the glamorous model life and the agreement papers were without her name or any company representantive. We opened her webpage and most of the pictures aren’t professional photos, and even the site isn’t in Google.

So we called the hotel where she was doing the ¨casting¨ to check if she was going to be there the next day, and off course she had more casting that day. So after listened her yelling and tell us she was going to call the hotel security because we were there requesting our money back, we said to her that we could call the RCMP, and in that moment she stopped screaming and gave us a cheque. When we went to the bank to get the money, the teller told us that she placed a stop payment.

We called her, she never answered or called back, we sent her a letter and she never went to Canada Post office to picked it up, but around 2 months later we got a letter of her with a money order for $57, when we paid her $163. She said that she was paying just $57 because the rest was her consultation fee, but to enter in the casting she charged us $15, that we didn’t add to the $163. We didn’t worry about that because we already had sent the case to the Consumer Protection Office. After wait 3 months we got a letter from the Ministry of Consumer Services with our money back, even what we paid for have sent the letter. If somebody has a problem with her, I have all the copies about the case or contact directly the Consumer Protection and talk to Suzanne Lizotte.

• Ti
      20th of Oct, 2010

Would be really niceee if someone could let me know where i can find her!
    took 1000 from me she crazyy or what!?!!

26th of Oct, 2010

The company address is 2368 LAKESHORE ROAD W, FLOOR 3RD, OAKVILLE, ON L6L 1H5 . I guess she doesn`t go to often there, but she goes sometimes because the Consumer Office send the complaints to this address.

22nd of Dec, 2010

I can't describe how stupid I feel for signing with this 'agency'. Just got scammed a week ago and decided the day AFTER I signed that I was going to cancel because it felt kinda sketchy. I tried to look things up but the title 'in model management' is kinda vague and it kept giving me other companies. I wish I saw this thread sooner :( would've saved me a few hundred dollars...I just called that investigator, whoever's fighting this, I'm right there with you cause I don't know about all of you but I DO NOT let this slide, I'm getting my money back no matter what. BTW the alternate number is 289-288-5295

• Ka
      8th of Jan, 2011

Ok I wish I saw this thread before. UGH!
    Her office is at 460 Brant St, 3rd floor but the elevator is locked and doesn't go to the 3rd floor, you need to call first for her receptionist to come down and get you. The phone number is the one posted by Serean 289 288 5295. OH MY GOSH!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE SCAMS SO MANY PEOPLE. There were 2 guys before me and 5 kids after. The website: http://inmodels.ca/booking_talent.html. The whole thing with the elevator made me doubt a little + it is under REGUS name. I guess they lease the office but DO NOT advertise it

• Li
      25th of Jan, 2011

I just recevied a Phone call from this address, and no name was given to me. But i was advised to go to 460 Brant street, the 3rd floor on Friday. I do not want to waste my time, Will i be asked to give money ? Because if that is the case I will not go.

23rd of Mar, 2011

I just wanted to express my recent encounter with this agency. I dont want to say this agency is a scam or anything. My experience was totally different one and i could have prevented it from happening.

I am from Toronto and already have an agency working for me. I applied for some side gigs on Kijiji.ca and after few days i received a call from a with-held number460 Brant St., 289-288-5295 (Some Model and Management), this lady said they like my picture and want to invite me for an audition for hair style/product, i was excited obviously. But i mentioned i cannot have another agency as per my agreement with my agent but i can work only. On the appointment day I find that this agency is in Burlington which is out of my way. I told them on the phone and they again convinced me saying it only takes 30 mins from Toronto, i said okay lets see what i can do.

When i met this lady (who never gave me her business card) told me "you are very photogenic"..."there is this L'oreal hair product campaign and you are ideal" (buttering me however she could)...she concluded by saying "to get all this you have to sign up with our site that costs $150 per year". The picture was clear to me right then and there... I told her i spoke to this lady and mentioned i cant sign up with any agency, then she started to talk all negative about my agency..."you just ended your modeling career, you are not Cindy Crawford, you are not 5' 8 who signs up for an agent like that"...bla bla bla ". I let her have it her way as i needed to et out of there before she takes my money.

Long story short...there was no audition what so ever, all they and most of the agencies do is to get people in their office and sign them up. For me a whole day and transportation cost was wasted for nothing.

Word of Advice: ALWAYS SHOP FOR AGENCIES BUT DONT SIGN UP JUST YET, KNOW THEM, ASK QUESTIONS, RESEARCH, HAVE YOUR QUESTIONS READY FOR THEM, DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ONLINE NEGATIVITY WILL TAKE YOU NOWHERE. FOR ME THIS FORUM DOESNT MEAN A THING. THERE IS ALWAYS PROS AND CONS TO EVERYTHING, BE POSITIVE AND MOVE ON.