Lord and Taylor / bug in web discount program
Lord and Taylor was offering 20% off most of the items on-line. I was happy to order a cashmere sweater and the invoice did indeed take off the 20%. Then I received the confirmation. The 20% was not deducted. I called customer service. The woman was very polite and explained that they'd been having this problem intermittently and she'd notify the powers that be and either I'd get a credit for a gift card. WELL, if you know there's a problem, why don't you fix it? How many other people were hit by this but didn't realize there was a bug. And they might give me the 20% in a gift card?? I don't want a gift card, I want the price they committed to.
To add insult to injury, I called back and asked for a supervisor. After holding for several minutes, I was told the supervisor was unavailable but the rep. left a note on her desk and she would call me back. That never happened. I then sent an email and someone responded saying they were sorry for the error and it should take 3-5 days to correct.
Errors happen. But, if you're going to be in the on-line business, you have to correct bugs when you find them. This smells a little like a scam to me. If you catch the error, we'll refund the money. But, if you don't, buyer beware. I'm disappointed.
More Lord and Taylor Complaints & Reviews
- Lord and Taylor - never again! 
- Lord & Taylor - bad customer service-cosmetics department 
- Lord and Taylor - cancelled online order, no refund
- Lord & Taylor - racial profiling 
- Lord & Taylor - wrong person
- Lord & Taylor, Westfarms Mall CT - two rings
- Lord & Taylor - makeup
- Lord & Taylor - received wrong items (3 times out of 7 orders)
- Lord & Taylor - filthy dirty fjallraven kanken
- Lord and Taylor / Customer Service Dept. - order overcharge and cancellation