Long John Silvers / food service management

Ti Review updated:
Phone: 6103668815

I asked the manager who waiting on my where the family meals were. In a rude tone pointed to the menu and said where it says "Family meals". I then told him the 16P family meal 5- chicken and the rest fish. He then said very rude " You have one more what do you want" after repeating what I said he rang up the order. This manager walked over to an employee stated " I can't stand working up here and went in the back. I then heard this manager complaining about my large order and he was banging things in the back very loudly. This other employee told this manager to "Take it a notch down". The food was horrible dry and the Manager was VERY rude and I'm very upset and need to talk someone about this. This is suppose to be a good day today Fathers day.

Comments

• He
      Nov 13, 2008
    Long John Silvers - no ljs in my town
    USED TO BE 13TH ST.
    Norfolk
    Nebraska

You closed ljs in norfolk ne. It was the only fish cafe in this large town. It had a good following, don't know the problem, but this town needs a fish restaurant, such as ljs's or red lobster or whomever. I see by some locations ljs is in smaller towns than norfolk. This town is loaded with restaurants, but no fish restaurants, right now I have to drive 50 miles to columbus ne if I want my fish. I'd sure like to be a satisfied customer. Help — help — help —

• Jl
      Nov 24, 2008

Why don't you open up a fish restaurant instead of waiting for someone else to do so?? Then you could have it whenever your little heart desires !

• Di
      Jan 23, 2009
    Long John Silvers - cost of healthy food
    Columbus
    Ohio

I went to Long John Silvers today and instead of having fries with the Value Meal #4 I requested to have the vegetable medley. The fries and cole slaw purchased separate our $1.29. The vegetable medley is $1.49.

The lady that took my order through the drive through said that it would be $.50 extra. I explained to her that that didn't make sense when it is only $.20 more regularly. She suggested I talk to the mgr. Sean and ask him.

I talk to Sean and said he didn't know. Then he suggested that it could be $.50 more because it is not a premium side. (huh?) Anyway I paid $.50 more for a vegetable instead of the $.20 more necessary. Sean also said that he questioned the prices of LJS sometimes.

In today's economy cents (sense) matters...

• Co
      Jan 20, 2010
    Long John Silvers - cold food
    Lake Harmony
    Pennsylvania

The platters my husband and I were served were cold. I approched the counter to tell someone and I could not get his attention because his back was turned and he was yawning. Finally he came over to me and I told him the platters were cold and I could deal with cold fish or chicken if I had to but I really hate cold fries. He offered to bring hot fries, but that was all--no ( I'm sorry, if you would like we will make fresh platters for you). He brought some fries to our table and left. I do enjoy going to Long John Silvers because I really love the fish and the chicken so much I was willing to eat them cold. The only reason I am posting a complaint is because I would hate to see Long John Silvers lose customers. I was proud to be a manager of an outstanding company(Auntie Anne's Soft Pretzels) for 15 years before I lost my job last year due to demolition and reconstruction of the plaza at Hickory Run on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
    To make a long story short, I was taught that the customer that never complains, never comes back. I do not want to be that customer because I love the food and I want Long John Silvers to be aware of this.
    Patricia Meckes

Dec 10, 2010
    Long John Silvers - bad food
    long John silvers
    Jackson
    Michigan

Today December 10th, 2017, at 12:15 p.m. i went in the resturant and ordered the 2 piece chicken, fries, hushpuppies and drink. I got to my table and called the cashier over to my table. I told her that the chicken was alful and should have been thrown out before serving it, cold and hard, along with the fries. i ask her for a comment card, she ask nichole the manager and she said they do not have any. I told nichole the manager she should have offered to repalace my lunch. she said she got busy, but she had at least made the kitchen throw the chicken that was made away. I told her that i would get in touch with you on line. she said ok. I can see why at lunch time, their was only four people in the resturant, This was to bad as i enjoy eating at long john silver resturants. my name is robert stahl. 5065 huggins road, michigan center michigan, 49254

• Bb
      Jan 09, 2011
    Long John Silvers - advertising
    Fort Myers
    Florida

Had watched the comercial several times about the 10.00 dollar family meal deal and when i arrived the lady told me that the don't have such a deal. I explained the family meal deal and she still told me that there is no such thing. I then explained that the comercial had been playing over and over and that was the reason i came, still same reaction. She acted like i was crazy. anyway It ended up costing me 15.00 and the food sucked. was not happy. tried to send them a complaint and funny thing there the location does not exist. Funny as I was there and purched food at that location. would not let me file the complaint. Also as I'm writing this the comercial has played 4 times. go figure. i will not be back again!!!

Jan 24, 2011

My complaint is short and to the point. I stopped eating a Long John Silvers, over 5 years ago. I got tired of bad food and service!

Jul 05, 2011
    Long John Silvers - bad customer service
    long john silvrts
    flore
    Kentucky

Went thru drive thru I was not satisfied they given me k f c fries say I wanted lbs fries manager came yelling at mesays that's how they fix em it take 5 minutes I say fine then he ridicule me for scratching lotto ticket I called him an ### got my money back as I began to drive away he yells to me to lose weight I stop van ran inside I was going beat the ### out of him I got wise didn't want go jail as I went out door he started clapping

• Ed
      Oct 05, 2011
    Long John Silvers - food
    emmett st
    Charlottesville
    Virginia

the food was terrible i believe it was left over from the night before as i got there around 11 am, i had ask for a couple of items and they were out of pretty much everything .i ask for my money back the manager did give me my money back but never ask why i wanted it back never said anthing like she didnt even care .this is actually the 2 bad experience there will not try to eat there ever again .

Dec 05, 2011
    Long John Silvers - I will never go there again
    Long John Silvers

We went to a Long John Silvers restaurant and there was a long line because they were understaffed. We waited anyway but after 30 minutes, there was no food. When we asked why, they said that they had to cook it. They should have told us that when we ordered. When the food was delivered, the order was wrong. We decided to ask for our money back and go elsewhere but it took them 5 minutes for the staff to figure out how to give our money back so we could leave. That is not the only problem we have had with this particular restaurant in Azle, Texas. I am not sure if I will ever go there again.

• Mu
      Dec 10, 2011
    Long John Silvers - bad service, poor attitude
    2013 N. Hills Blvd
    Van Buren
    Arkansas
    Phone: (479) 474-6723

I entered the restaurant at 18:40, I was the only one waiting to get my order taken. At 18:55 my order was taken. The person taking my order was new and she had trouble finding the right keys to push. I ordered a #2 for $7.99, a fish and fries off the dollar strecher menu for 2.99, a order of cole slaw for1.59, and four hushpuppies for 2 @ .49. when she rang it up I noticed she rang up two fish instead of one fish and fries. When I asked her to please ring up the fries, she charged me an additional 1.59. Keep in mind I had already paid 1.99 on a 2.99 item. When the order was at last ready, I noticed that it was wrong, so I asked them to do a refund and ring it up correctly, to get the correct order.This caused the deep breaths and sighs. When they did the refund, no one listened when I stated that she never give me my receipt for the order of fries, even through the person doing the order refund had to show her how to ring up a single order of fries. Never got the fries refunded! This is not the first time this has happened. The last three times I have went to this restaurant its been a big hassle. I'll never go back which is a shame because I love seafood and the only other places in town are catfish restaurants. I understand the girl was new, but she should have been better supervised!!!

• Az
      Jan 26, 2012

Your a [censored]

• Az
      Jan 26, 2012

Your a [censored] bittch

• Id
      Apr 25, 2012

I'm glad you have reached this decision. May you move on to another fast food restaurant

Jul 16, 2012
    Long John Silvers - dirty place/poor food quality
    3949 N 132 st
    Omaha
    Nebraska
    Phone: 402-496-6550

This LJS is the filthy place, I should have walked out. The tables were uncleaned, food all over the floor. The food was just as bad. The Thick cut cod, was not thick cut it was a piece of the regular fish broken in half, yet I was charged the higher price. Since it is close to where I lived I gave it another try. It was still filthy and the food was old and stale. LJS has lost my business. The health department should be notified.

• Ar
      Aug 22, 2012

We had same issue with Long John Silver in South Mall @ Smoky Hills & Main in Aurora Colorado. We ordered carry out four Fish tacos and got only three. When we called them first they refused to admit and once they agreed upon they said we are not going to credit your card, you have to be hear in the store to get another taco.. Very Rude Customer Service...Very Rude Manager if she was a manager (TOA REE.) May be she didn't like us becuase we were non -whites.

Sep 04, 2012

Oh my gosh!! I have not been to Long Johns Silvers for quite a while. Decided to go back tonight. NEVER AGAIN!! The food literally was not fit to eat. So much grease was in the fish it made us sick. We complained about the Pepsi tasting funny and all they did was push the button and let it "run" alittle. We filled our cup and once again. Crap!! He said I have 1/4 bag left and I hate to change it. The fries were ok but the hush puppies were too overdone. We threw away $11 in food and left. That grease is still sitting on our stomachs.
    I will never recommend them again. Go to Captain D's and have a better meal..

• Da
      Jan 13, 2013
    Long John Silvers - service and food
    1825 W. Central Ave.
    El Dorado
    Kansas
    Phone: 3163211400

My husband and I went to LJS in El Dorado yesterday. There was only one table being used and all the other tables and the floor were filthy. They also changed their menu and took away our favorite and healthier foods.

•   Jan 13, 2013

Sounds like you got there right after a rush. Menus change for many reasons - Demand, availability, and economics to name a few.

• Mi
      Apr 14, 2013
    Long John Silvers - not selling what is advertised on marquee on the side of the building
    Elk City Oklahoma
    Oklahoma

My husband and I decided to go to long john silvers in elk city, oklahoma after church on 4/14/2017. The special on the marquee was 6 fish, 12 shrimp, 8 hush puppies, and 2 sides for 19.99 when we got up to order, they couldn't find that so they told us to drive through when we got to window, the one cashier said the other cashier was looking for it on the computer because she couldn't find it. After about 10 minutes they came back to say that button wasn't on their computer and they couldn't sell it to us. We insisted it was advertised on marquee, my husband took a picture of the sign, but they said it wasn't on their computer, they couldn't sell it. We asked why it was still up then. They said well, the manager forgot to take it down. I said that was their problem, they needed to honor the special. She said no, there was no button for it. My husband and I drove away without getting anything. The reason we had stopped was seeing that sign for a special and then they wouldn't honor it. We were very upset and it will be a while before we give them a shot again.

• Da
      Jun 18, 2013
    Long John Silvers Clams - no chips available
    Yukon
    Oklahoma

Every time I order clams at drive thru they forget to give them to me.

• Fo
      Jun 18, 2013

Instead of telling us about it, check your order while you are still on the site, and do your complaining at the time, they will correct it.

Apr 29, 2014
    Long John Silvers - filth
    e harry
    wichita ks

today we went to the long john silvers on east harry in wichita ks, the girl taking our order wasnt very friendly and as i got my drink i got ice tea. it tasted awful and then our meal came out as we was eating a cockroach crawled out from under the tray and after we ate we was gonna sit and chat for awhile but the girl from behind the counter told us to have a good day as if we was getting dismissed it wasnt like they was busy there was 1 other person in whole resturant eating

• Li
      Jun 26, 2014
    Long John Silvers - botched order
    Noblesville
    Indiana

After taking my son to ST, I decided to get dinner. Mind you this city is next to mine but we no longer have a LJS. I placed my order, drove around and was informed my order would be 5 minutes. I was ok with that! I ordered a drink as I waited. I get my order, drive off but when I get home I'm shorted 1/2 my meal! I spent almost 28.00 for 1/2 meal. Called to let them know. What can be done after I get home? Not a damn thing! My money is lost and I am still out dinner!!

Jun 26, 2014

You should have been smart enough to check your order while still at the site. Anytime a person orders take out that should be done.

Nov 11, 2014
    Long John Silvers - waco tx
    Waco
    Texas

Went to restaurant in waco tx saturday night, 11/08/2017... Around 7:30 pm... Clerk rude, restaurant dirty, food disgusting.. Took 1 bite.. Got up & threw it in trash... Also odor was stenching in there... Made a complaint online.. That restaurant called me.. Said sorry.. What good did that do? Do you think that this restaurant's employee will correct this?? Think not.. This is where she works!!

• Mk
      Nov 11, 2014

You complained and they said sorry... What more do you want?

• Ls
      Jan 13, 2015
    Long John Silvers - no chips available
    Long John Silvers

I like the fish at long john silvers but could never eat the french fries - - greasy - - tasteless, limp, etc. So i decided to try again after receiving several flyers promoting fish and chips. Perhaps the fried chips, a new product, will be done better, i thought. Imagine my surprise when i called the ljs nearest my home to be told that they "were not allowed" to offer the chips at their location. Upon attempting a further email inquiry regarding this ljs location i can only get a screen that says the store number f275018 (Which i have repeatedly checked for accuracy is not valid. Now, this location is in combination with a kentucky fried chicken which may affect its ability to produce a new product like the chips but why on earth give it a location number which comes up invalid?
    L. Stringham lincoln ne

• De
      Feb 17, 2015
    Long John Silvers - no fries food cold sorry service
    Athens

we live about 20 miles from long john silvers and its the only close one to go to unless we want to drive an hour away and they are always out of something yesterday was it they was out of fries how can you run out of fries the food prices went up and no fries and half the drinks are always out of order the cole slaw has been sour a few times so we ordered corn on the cob and green beans was both cold then the workers didnt put huspuppies on our plate went back to get them could hear them complaining about workers from day before not doing nothing had to wait to get hushpuppies when they was done complaining back there and they want more money for there food thats just crap i guess we will have to go all the way to tyler next time for better service and food for that price

• Ad
      Mar 07, 2015
    Long John Silvers - not even open
    Fredericksburg

I went to this establishment about a month ago. Placed a big order and was told to pull around and park cause it was not ready. I waited for 25 mins and food was missi.g so I had to go inside to get refunded for the missing shrimp. I wne by today at 5:30 on March 7th which is a Satuday and there was a note on the door saging the dinning areas was closed to use the drive through. I went to the drive through waited...said hello at the speaker and drove around to see what was going on. The place was closed on a Satuday mid evening. This is the worst business conduct And I am discusted. One of my favorite places has become the pits!

• St
      Sep 05, 2015
    Long John Silvers - unsanitary dining area at long john silvers in big rapids, michigan
    429 Evart St.
    Cadillac
    Michigan

My friend and I went to the LJS in Big Rapids, MI. at about 3 pm on 09/05/15 and the dining area was dirty. Every table was dirty. (I am not exaggerating). The floor was dirty and sticky from soda pop. I told the manager and all I got was excuses about how busy they were. I finally got the table we were sitting at washed off so we could eat. We are both handicapped and we can't stand up for every long so we HAD to sit at a dirty table until it was washed off. The trash receptacles were full and the napkin holders and straw dispensers were empty. When we got our meals they had forgotten our slaw so we had to go back up to get that.They should have a 'floor person' to take care of matters like the aforementioned during the 'busy' time, and they should be sure to wipe the sides of the tables as well as food and drinks drip down the sides making it very sticky and it gets on customers clothing. One might consider retraining the 'manager' as excuses do not get the tables cleaned so the handicapped can sit down in a timely manner.