Long John Silvers / horrible service and food

My husband and I went to Long John Silvers in Countryside IL... I order the chicken and more with NO SLAW and extra hush puppies my husband ordered the shrimp with a side of the lobster bites. When the woman brought over our lunch she looks at me and says oh I put slaw on your plate but that is ok... I told her NO it is not ok and that I wanted my dinner changed as the slaw was on my fries and chicken and I order extra hush puppies... she had a horrible attitude and came back in about 1 minute and said heres your hushpuppies... extremely rude... my husband lobster bites were old and were nasty. We will not ever go there again. Service was horrible and employee was nasty... you have lost us as customers... I do not believe you really care though

Comments

Do
  21st of Mar, 2007

There was an ice storm here in Michigan and the power failed. The local Long John Silvers had power so my husband and I went to the restaurant so that we could get something to eat. It was 9:15pm and they didn't close until 10:00pm. They had the lobby all cleaned up and customers could only sit down after removing floor rugs off of the booth seats. This restaurant closed its doors at 9:45pm and were turning away customers and making us leave. The employees were laughing and cussing behind the counter which offended me and my husband. I called the restaurant the next day and was advised to call the 1-800 number that they gave to me. I called the number and they were supposed to get back with us but they never did. I then went to their web-site and wrote to the company. They never called me back or responded to my email. I then decided to go into the store and tell a manager about what had happened and was called a liar by this manager and was also told that they did not close down early. I told the manager that it is not good customer service to ignore a customer. I also told him that we would not be back. He told me to have a good day and laughed. Obviously, Long John Silvers does not believe in their customers nor do they want to serve them. I won't be back and will also tell everybody that I know not to go there.

Ge
  18th of Apr, 2007

I ordered a popcorn shrimp basket and my friend ordered a fish basket. He got his in 5-10 min. I checked with casher after 15 min and asked if they lost my order. after 30 min we had to leave and i asked for my money back cause i still had not been served, at tis point the clerk said its coming up now, would you like it to go. said no, just my money back.

I emailed a&w/long John silvers 2 weeks ago and never got an answer from them. The corp. is as uncaring as the restaurant.

Mi
  14th of Mar, 2008

The five of us went to the aforementioned place to have dinner at about 7.45pm on the 14th of March 2008. It was the manager that served us, yet ironically, he was very rude to us.

Firstly, he told us that our food would arrive promptly, in about 5 minutes. Yet, we had to wait for 15 minutes before we were served, and when it came, my friend’s meal of shrimp prawns that she ordered was uncooked.

Secondly, when we asked to see the person in charge, the manager claimed that he, being the manager, was the person to seek. However, he was very rude about it. As a result, we wanted to look for someone of a higher authority to complain about both the food and the manager to, as even though he was the manager, he did not portray the attitude that a manger should have.

Thirdly, he did not seem to have any sense of propriety and shouted at one of the elderly servers in front of all the patrons. All of us deemed the act unnecessary and such acts of mistreatment should not be tolerated. If indeed such a reprimanding was absolutely vital, he should have either kept it within close doors, or waited until the closing time before he proceeded. Furthermore, she was one of the servers, yet the manager told her to clear up the tables after that. The standard of hygiene in the restaurant is now questioned, if the servers are supposed to shuffle in between serving fresh food and clearing up.

Hence we are thoroughly displeased with the attitude that the manager has shown. Being a manager and therefore one who supposedly knows that the key to expanding the customer patronage is through providing good service, he should certainly have acted for the better. Certainly, Long John Silver’s may merely be a fast-food restaurant and customers are low-paying ones, however, that does not give it the liberty to provide shoddy services. Furthermore, the act of the manager scolding the elderly server does not seem to be in line with the employment industry’s hope that companies employ the older workers so that those who have no family to depend on can have a stable income to live on; hence, one wonders if many companies actually follow this ruling.

What was intended to be a happy gathering for friends turned out to be one of disappointment and anger at the service we received. Thus I would appreciate it if the management looks into the matter.

Fe
  17th of Mar, 2008

I need the number to Quality Care, or which ever department deals with a customer complaint. I went the location that I indicated above and was treated with the utmost disrespect from the Manager of that day-time shift. Not only did the Manager not have on his name badge, but when I ask for his full name he just gave me his first name(Malcolm, so he said) very rudely and denied to give his last name. I understand the company had been under a new owner since the summer of 2007, but I would not think that would affect the quality of the establishment in a negative aspect. When I wanted to receive a refund on the food I purchase, the Manager very rudely ask me why I wanted a refund over and over as I was trying to explain to him why and that I just want my refund back. Then when I ask if I could receive my receipt back, he one again in rude and sarcastic manner said “You did not purchase anything so you don’t get a receipt. This isn’t Wal-Mart or Target where you get a return receipt.” I don’t think that anyone should be treated in that manner and it’s sad to see that type of unprofessional behavior displayed at an establishment that I have been going to for the past 5 years. I love Long John Silver’s and A&W All American Foods but I do not and will not tolerate to be disrespected.

De
  8th of Apr, 2008

I took my godbrother up hear to long john's on April 6, 2008 to get his manger's book and while me and my sister waiting in the car along with my neice this other worker that's work up their came outside with a cup of pespi with ice ine it and threw it at my car for no reason I ask the worker why did he do that and he wouldn't tell me nothing so I went in their and told his boss than he ask the worker did he threw anything at my car so he lie and said he didn't so I got in his face and ask him again he than shove me and my head hit the wall so he still work their and I call their boss name mark downey and he couldn't do anything saying that it was a personnel matter so I am trying to fine a attorney to file a lawsuite asgainst this worker and this company.

Re
  16th of Apr, 2008

they have the same problem at the Rogersville, TN Long John Silvers store the manager named Crystal has a very ugly mouth towards customers and employees. But the manager named John just laughs when ever someone says anything about her and calls the complaints all lies, but i have heard her myself.

Ch
  17th of Sep, 2009

I TRYED CALLING THE LEBANON IN. LONG JOHN SILVERS STORE AND NO ONE WOULD ANSWER AND TALK TO ME OVER A HOUR I KEEPED CALLING THERE BECAUSE MY WIFE WORKS THERE AND IT SOUND LIKE SOMEONE WOULD ANSWER AND HANG UP. I HAD TO TAKE MY STEP CHILD TO THE HOSPITAL AND I COULDNT EVEN GET A HOLD OF HER, WITCH MADE MY STEP CHILD HAVE TO STUFF FROM A ASMA ATTACK EVEN LONGER THAN HE SHOULD HAVE HAD TO, (OVER A HOUR LONGER TO BE EXACT)..THIS REALLY GETS ME...

Ch
  17th of Sep, 2009

my child had to suffer from a asma attack, over an hour longer than he had to because they would not answer the phone (this goes with the above statment )because it didnt type out right