long distance carrier / overcharging

1 United States

This company is a fraud. I signed up with them in November, 2009. After I made my first international call, I received the bill in December right before the holidays. The next day I mailed the check thinking that it will get there in time. In January I did not get a bill from them and I assumed, because I did not call anywhere I did not owed them any money. Boy was I wrong. Today Feb 25 I got the bill from them and to my surprise I owe them $12.10 and that includes late fees from January, and a $4.82 "credit recovery fee". My usage for Feb was $1.04 plus junk fees. Trying to talk to them the first time I got nowhere but by my second attempt I got the $4.82 removed which made my bill around $7 and some change but there was a catch, only if I pay now with a credit card and the payment has to be $10.00 therefore I should look for a credit in my next billing cycle. I was also promised 500 minutes to anywhere, which by now, I don't think I will ever see. I am very disappointed with their deceptive practices, and by the way they round up the bill without telling you, hopping that you wouldn't see the overages. I also found out that this company is not even registered with the FCC. My advice to anyone is to stay far away from them. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT SCAMMERS AND LIARS.