Lone Star Subscriptions / MAGAZINE SALES

1 Whitesboro, TX, United States Review updated:

I ordered a 2 magazine subscriptions in august and it is now november and I have received nothing. I did check my account and they did cash my check. No big surprise there. What can we do about this, and how do I go about getting my 109.00 back???

Comments

• Ka
      6th of Nov, 2008

I had a young man stop by my home tonight trying to sell me on these subscriptions. He was very charming and nice (maybe a little over the top) but ultimately it did seem like a scam. He was trying too hard and was too much the polished salesperson to make the sort of impression a real college student would make.

He made some big to-do about how it was a "boy vs. girls" competition over who could sell the most. He seemed in a rush to push me into a sale.

They want cash or checks only. I saw that he actually had some checks from people on my street. I did not give him anything but I did call the police to report the activity. They already knew they were circulating around the area.

Do NO fall for this scam.

• Ju
      2nd of Dec, 2008
    LONE STAR SUBSCRIPTIONS - Owe me money
    Texas

In December 2007 I ordered a subscription through a door to door seller. It was for a good cause for the people selling it, but after the 120 period of when I should have started receiving the magazines I didn't. So I have called them several times which I only got an answer once, I was told that they would start processing a refund for me. Since then I have heard nothing else on the refund of my money and everytime I call and leave a message I never get a call back. I advise anyone not to get a subscription through them at all.

• Pl
      7th of Jan, 2009
    LONE STAR SUBSCRIPTIONS - Ripping off people
    Lone Star Subscriptions
    4800 Hwy 377 S.
    Aubrey
    Texas
    Phone: 940-365-0089

This company ripped me off for $60.oo in January of 2008. I have tried numerous times to call, and only am able to leave a message which gets me no where. I have writte letters and still nothing. I am pissed off, and at this point it isn't about the money anymore. I plan on calling my local news station for a consumer alert to at least keep other people in my city from being dupped into throwing away money on a comapny known for scams like this. I am also contacting the better business bureau and filing a complaint. I advies everyone to tell every single person they know to not buy form them! This company should be closed and put out of business!