Lone Star Subscriptions / MAGAZINE SALES

1 Whitesboro, TX, United States Review updated:

I ordered a 2 magazine subscriptions in august and it is now november and I have received nothing. I did check my account and they did cash my check. No big surprise there. What can we do about this, and how do I go about getting my 109.00 back???

Comments

Ka
  6th of Nov, 2008

I had a young man stop by my home tonight trying to sell me on these subscriptions. He was very charming and nice (maybe a little over the top) but ultimately it did seem like a scam. He was trying too hard and was too much the polished salesperson to make the sort of impression a real college student would make.

He made some big to-do about how it was a "boy vs. girls" competition over who could sell the most. He seemed in a rush to push me into a sale.

They want cash or checks only. I saw that he actually had some checks from people on my street. I did not give him anything but I did call the police to report the activity. They already knew they were circulating around the area.

Do NO fall for this scam.

Ju
  2nd of Dec, 2008
LONE STAR SUBSCRIPTIONS - Owe me money
Texas

In December 2007 I ordered a subscription through a door to door seller. It was for a good cause for the people selling it, but after the 120 period of when I should have started receiving the magazines I didn't. So I have called them several times which I only got an answer once, I was told that they would start processing a refund for me. Since then I have heard nothing else on the refund of my money and everytime I call and leave a message I never get a call back. I advise anyone not to get a subscription through them at all.

Pl
  7th of Jan, 2009
LONE STAR SUBSCRIPTIONS - Ripping off people
Lone Star Subscriptions
4800 Hwy 377 S.
Aubrey
Texas
Phone: 940-365-0089

This company ripped me off for $60.oo in January of 2008. I have tried numerous times to call, and only am able to leave a message which gets me no where. I have writte letters and still nothing. I am pissed off, and at this point it isn't about the money anymore. I plan on calling my local news station for a consumer alert to at least keep other people in my city from being dupped into throwing away money on a comapny known for scams like this. I am also contacting the better business bureau and filing a complaint. I advies everyone to tell every single person they know to not buy form them! This company should be closed and put out of business!