London School of Business and Finance

Posted:

Refund

I took Full-time ACCA course of 9 subjects. Got very sick and provided all the documentation. They said i should wait 45 working days for the reply. After 45 w.d. I have started writing them myself saying that the time had run out so they answered that they will give me only half of my money back. I agreed, and provided all the cheques and bank details exactly as they have told me. So they told me to wait another 45 working days for a refund to be transfered to my bank account. On the 17 of July 2012 it has been 45 working days and now they dont answer my emails anymore. I decided to write to ACCA tomorrow like a proper complaint letter and then to British Accreditation Association. I am pretty sure it will work but if not go to court. Seriously i just dont understand whether it really worth for them loosing students for some 2, 000 GBP. Lots of my friends wanted to go to LSBF but obviously changed their minds after what i have told them.
Complaint comments Comments (11)    Updated: Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Colleges and Universities

Comments

N  30th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Dear all,
As representatives of LSBF online, we would like to express our concern after reading Alex's message as well as other posts on the thread. As a school with over 25, 000 students, we are always open to feedback from students as we work to continually improve our service.
We can confirm that we have contacted Alex and all other students who expressed their opinions here and our teams are now dealing with their cases. As you will appreciate, we cannot comment on these individual cases publicly, due to our privacy policy.
If any current, former or potential students have any queries and questions, we will be more than happy to help. Feel free to contact us here and to use our profile as a channel to get in touch with the school in the future.
Best regards,
LSBF Team
N  13th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hello, I have been calling LSBF everyday to check the status of my refund application. For the past month I have never once received the 'promised' callback. I am currently over-running my visa in order to stay and get my refund before leaving. I have explained this in several emails to the refund c'ttee and have never once received a response past confirmation of receipt of my application. What is happening?
N  2nd of Mar, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I had enrolled myself in LSBF canada on sept, 2011. As soon as I got my Letter of Acceptance after paying a deposit of CAD $ 4, 475, I had applied for my visa for Canada. Unfortunately I was rejected the visa twice which forced me to apply for refund. I created a ticket with number 6703 on 12th Feb, 2012. After being approved the refund, I provided my bank details as per asked. Due to delay I started inquiring more often and I would get replies that my refund would be processed by July, than mid of November and lastly end of January. It has now been more than a year since I have applied for my refund and I am still waiting.

T10200797
N  7th of Mar, 2013 by    0 Votes
LSBF, STILL WAITING FOR AN UPDATE TO MY ISSUE AND FOR THE REFUND
N  20th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hello Guys!!
A newspaper is interesting in our case with LSBF, Please I need to communicate with all of you that are in London or UK. We have to fight for our money.
Please answer

Maria
N  20th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hi Guys!
Today I called to the UK border and I explained my problem with LSBF. if you guys also call and explain their problems about the refunds, The Uk border is going to take actions about it.
The number is: 0300 123 2040.
A  12th of Jun, 2013 by    0 Votes
Hi Maria,

I am having same issue with the refund from over an year now.
Syed Waqar
Student ID : T10201225
A  6th of Sep, 2013 by    +1 Votes
Dear Friends,

Sory to hear about your incident with LSBF and as still I'm studying at LSBF I have faced the same situation there.
I can highly advise you to go to the UK CITIZEN ADVISE BUREAU to take a legal action against LSBF.

THIS LINK WILL HELP YOU TO FIND YOUR NEAREST LAW CENTRE, just follow your home post code.
This is not the link for the citizen advise bureau but for the lawcentres where you can tell them your complaint and take a legal action.
Let me know your decision, what action have you taken so far? or Is there anything else that we can help you with?

** make sure you kept with your all the necessary documents with you or print them and show it your local nearest law centre solicitors. Trust me ...it gonna be really work well...

Good luck and all the best

Kind Regards

Dulana (dula45@gmail.com)
N  7th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I am writing from mongolia. I have applied for LSBF and got visa refusal on october 2012. I have paid deposit before getting visa refusal 3364$. After that i have applied for refund as it is said on the privacy policy option, i have sent all my necessary documents on time, but every time when i send email or write letter on my online refund account nobody responds me. It seems to me like nobody is working there or they are just ignoring me. today is october 2013. Still i did not receive any respond what is happening with my refund, nobody answers me. I have applied LSBF in canada. But they said the refund department works from london. And i have to wait response from London. Either way from london or Canada there is no response.

My ticket ID is 10664. I don't know if the refund is declined or approved i am so confused i would never ever recommend this school to my friend or anybody else.
A  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
It has been 6 months since ny refund application, gave them all my bank details and everytime i ring i am told ring me in 4 weeks time ring me next week ring me in 2 weeks, emailed them too but havent received a single response or a date for my refund money!most horrible service, thinking to take LsBF to court if i dont receive a reply this week, and then they can pay me compensation on top for wasting 6 months of my time ringing then every month and now every week.
Thanks for being so unprofessional LSBF refund Team.
A  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
My ticket id 10664. I have lost 3364$ for lSBF. It has been 6 years now no response at all. They did not give my money back. I have read LSBF team contacted all students who did write comment on this site. They did not contact me. They do not refund deposit money when you get visa declined. I want to say everybody do not apply for this school, you will lose your money. Do not apply for LSBF.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree