London Home Share / They havent paid my money back

1 LondonLondon, England, Greater London, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: +44(0)208 968 2165

Hi,
I was a student in London and i found a room from this agency and paid 325 gbp for deposit.. I paid all of my rent also i have some documents about paying my rent and then i decided to come back my country.. I gave a notice before i was living there.. I moved out from this room after 1 month.. They said to me that you are going back but we will pay your deposit but you have to give a bank account.. I gave them but i havent paid my money back.. Also I sent a lot of emails them but they didnt answer me.. Im in my country now, what should i do?

Comments

• Ta
      7th of Jun, 2009

Hello!! I am Tania Fernandez Ruiz, I have the same problem with this agency. Me and my flatmates have to vacate on 16 june. I don't know if stay in the flat until they give me my money back... but i don't know if this is legal or not. My email is tatufer@gmail.com
    I know 12 people with this problem but some of the came back to spain so, I am going to make a complain for all of us in the citizen advice.

Previous to this, we had received a letter to vacate on the 16th of June 09 for no apparent reason stated. We had then went to see the agency now registered as House Zone which is run by Nigel Zone, the same people that had run Londonhomeshare (No letter had informed any tentants about new name change, location of company, email and telephone contacts) hence why no one could get in contact with them.. and also the letter that was sent for tenants to vacate on the 16th June, STILL HAD the old contact details.

So far we know 12 other tenants that are with the same problem. We went to see the agency and spoke with owner. When we spoke with the owner Nigel Zone he did not guarentee us we will get our deposit back, and yet he is still running House Zone and renting the same units we got evicted from. So where has all our deposit gone?

If you know anything to help or can give us any advise on this, please send an email to tatufer@gmail.com

Thank you very much!!

3rd of Aug, 2009

hi, my name is matteo, I have a contract with this agency, londonhomeshare, they sent me a letter to move before the 11th of june 2009. I used to live in a twin room, I gave 1 month deposit, £ 303, 00 .
    At the check out they told me that I would received my deposit within 1 month time but I didn't receive it yet.
    what's going on? what's happening with this money? what are they doing?
    the office was near queen's park station before, then they moved in another place, near camden town 1 royal college street NW10 RU.
    today I thougt to go there to speak with them but when I arrived the office was empty, no desks, no computer, no chairs, nothing.
    there were 3 persons there and one of them told me that the office is been sold to another agency, the name is something like " nwlondon.." .
    they moved to another place.
    last week I've been to this office and, after 2 weeks, I met and I spoke with MR NIGEL . he was very calm and with the smile in his face he told me that I will receive my deposit as soon as possible and no longer than the 20th of august ( would be more than 2 months time), that someone waited 6 months to get the deposit refunded, that he's doing the best and he suggested me to keep trying!
    As his colleagues said, MR NIGEL is in charge with the deposit refund, and he told me to keep trying???????
    this is happening to me, I want my deposit refunded, I don't want to wait so long,
    my mail is matteodp83m@libero.it

• Sp
      18th of Oct, 2009

Tenancy deposit law was introduced on 6th April 2007 and provides protection for tenants by preventing landlords and letting agents from unfairly withholding a deposit. The scheme protects all Assured Shorthold Tenancies in England and Wales (covering most tenancies since 1997).
    What is it?
    Tenancy Deposit Protection is designed to ensure:

you get all or part of your deposit back, when you are entitled to it
    any disputes between you and your landlord or agent will be easier to resolve
    landlords and letting agents who do not protect tenancy deposits will have to pay their tenant back three times the deposit
    How does it work?
    Start of a new tenancy

At the beginning of a new tenancy agreement, pay your deposit to your landlord or agent as usual.

Within 14 days

Within 14 days, the landlord or agent is required to give you details about how your deposit is protected including:

the contact details of the tenancy deposit scheme
    the contact details of the landlord or agent
    how to apply for the release of the deposit
    information explaining the purpose of the deposit
    what to do if there is a dispute about the deposit
    If you don’t get this information, ask your landlord or agent the simple question – ‘how is my deposit protected?’

You have a responsibility to return the property in the same condition that it was let to you, allowing for fair wear and tear.

What if your landlord isn’t protecting your deposit?
    You can apply to your local county court. The court can order the landlord or agent to either repay the deposit to you or protect it in a scheme. If your landlord or agent has not protected your deposit, they will be ordered to repay three times the amount of the deposit to you.

Moving Out
    At the end of the tenancy, check whether you are leaving the property and its contents in the condition in which it was let to you - allowing for fair wear and tear- and check that you have paid your rent and any other expenses. Then agree with your landlord or agent how much of the deposit should be returned to you.

Within 10 days – you should have received the agreed amount of the deposit.

From Spider.

16th of Dec, 2010

Hi, My name is Janita. I occupied a flat in 19 Azure House NW10 7FE for about a year and a half until June 2009. I left the house in pristine clean condition and when I asked for my deposit of 650 GBP to Nigel he said he will need sometime that they had some difficulties. Now I have moved out of UK and still I have no word from anybody regarding this. If anyone is in similar position you can contact me at Janita.JS@gmail.com. If anyone has managed to get back their deposit by any means please let me know.

Regards,