LogoSmartzAwful customer service

B Review updated:

I bought this software and used it a few times. It was OK, not the best but ok for the price. I have owned it for over 2 years and upgraded at one point, I lost a hard drive and had to notify the company to get my license reactivated (they protect this piece of software like it was worth alot more than it is, in fact the even protect it from their customers, seems the policy is, if you have to reinstall the software and it has been over a year you will have to repurchase it. This is a horrible way to treat customers especially ones who will upgrade when a newer version comes out.

There are much better logo creators out now and because of their poor business policy I would avoid this company. I will never buy from them again.

More LogoSmartz Complaints & Reviews

• D
      Jun 30, 2009

Beware of logosmartz software. All the software are junk and can be installed once. I have used trial version and had to get my windows formatted, it contained some malicious code in it.

• T
      Jul 01, 2009

Logosmartz is of no use and the customer support doesn't exist. They never respond to your calls or emails. Also the software (Logosmartz) itself is just a basic basic drawig tool such tools comes free as well so no used purchasing this tool.

• P
      Jul 07, 2009

Hi All,

Beware of any product from this so called smartz company. All the software from the company are junk and are marketed a lot. I used to receive lots of promotion codes for these smartz software products. Better spend some more time in searching other software product rather.

Best wishes,
    Patt

Jul 11, 2009

Hi,

This software can be used only once i.e it can be installed at one computer only. Also you can't install in again at the same PC. They say they will provide you new serial but the customer support never respond either they are outsourced people in Asia who keep on sleeping the time I call them.

• V
      Jul 14, 2009

Logosmartz is a smart software developed by smart company to get money from people like us for a software worst than free tools available. I will never recommend Logosmartz to anyone in my life. Better higher a designer for 25$ logo.

Jul 26, 2009

Logosmartz, webmartz, docsmartz, emailsmartz all are junk software I will try to find out more. I tired the docsmartz software and I had problems with the layouts in conversion. I tried to conect to the support but they never answered. Poor customer service by a unprofessional software company. Don't try any of the SMARTZ software products.

Jul 28, 2009

Hi,

I bought this product two days ago. The licence key sent by the vendor did not work. Two e-mails, and two days later I have had no response from the support desk.

Jul 31, 2009

The web site and help file are very misleading. For example, I wanted to flip an image (let's face it... a graphics 101 feature) it is nowhere to be found (EXCEPT advertised on the company's home page!). I asked them about it and was told "they'd update the web site." (Side Note: that was three weeks ago and the web site still has it on there).

The program will often save when you exit WITHOUT saving. Undoing an action will cause the indvidual images to reorder, resize, and wh knows what else. Can't tell you how many times I had to start over.

The help file says you can search for images based on key words, some of which can be user-defined. Unfortunately that feature doesn't exist either. I was told these features "may be in an upgrade which I could get for free." Let's face it, if this is their idea of a version 5 product, it's hard to imagine that version 6 will be much better. They sent me a coupon for $10 off the regular price (this is, of course AFTER I already purchased it). I asked for a $10 refund, and suddenly that helpful customer serivice is nowhere to be found.

The moral, invest your money somewhere else. There are some good ideas here, but this product is not ready for prime time. If you down the trial, make sure it does exactly what you want it to do before buying (don't assume anything).

Aug 01, 2009

Lerry,

I agree with you, don't assume anything this company is spending heavily on the marketing of logosmartz. You google logosmartz and you will get tons of good things written about this so called logo design software. This software is not of any help to anyone.

My simple suggestion - TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK :)

Aug 04, 2009

Impossible to print the logo to file or export it, even aftere buying the software

I tried to contact the helpdesk: no solution. They suggest to install a new OS on my machine (in English in state of Dutch)

Aug 05, 2009

Avoid doing business with these guys!!!

The software is fine and again, it works exactly the same as any of the other ones on here (believe me I tried more than one). The look and feel are exactly the same as the other highly ranked ones, but you'll get a better and faster response from these other vendors. Don't waste your time with these guys as they will not get back in contact with you.

• K
      Aug 07, 2009

Thanks Barry for making this post and others guys also who share there experience with logosmartz. I as just about to purchase this software after reviewing logosmartz at download.com but in the last moment I thought to go the the company website and I was lucky to find this page. I will now try some other software for logo designing.

• K
      Aug 08, 2009

If this has been download portal then Logosmartz team would have make it positive by posting reviews praising the software. This software is just of no use to anyone. and customer support is worst.

Aug 10, 2009

I have a better alternative of logosmartz for you. Simply download the logo of any company you like and open the image in paint then edit the text heading and yout new logo is ready. This is exactly the same quality that you will get from logosmartz. :)

• V
      Aug 12, 2009

@ Logo_designer

Your alternatives of logosmartz are very good.

@ kylie09
    It unfair practice and one official complaint can get them removed from there. You may try and send one email to the support.

@ all others...

Nice comments and thanks for sharing your views and all your suggestions.

• G
      Aug 13, 2009

I feel my credit card has been abused! by buying this software:(

•   Aug 13, 2009

How has you credit card been abused? You bought the software, and since you didn't say, I assume you got the software,

I will never understand why people buy stuff without checking it out first.

Aug 15, 2009

• S
      Aug 26, 2009

waist my time and my money! / perdida de tiempo y dinero!! logosmartz

• H
      Aug 27, 2009

please don't purchase this product it's just wastage of money nothing else...

• D
      Aug 28, 2009

bad software...

Aug 28, 2009

Don't try any of the SMARTZ software products.

Sep 01, 2009

They are a fraud software company. They over charge you never send you the desired products and more over the software are of no use.

Don't try logosmartz

Sep 01, 2009

Logosmartz is already included in credit card abuse and customer support team is headache.

• T
      Sep 12, 2009

File complaint against logosmartz

Sep 13, 2009

I wonder how can your credit card be misuses by buying the software ( LOGOSMARTZ). Just contact your credit card company and get details from them about your purchase.

Good luck

Sep 16, 2009

Its bad you credit card got abused but I assume here that you neither received the Logosmartz software nor you uninstalled it( sorry JGraceyStinson I am assuming totally opposite to you).

If you haven't installed this software its good for you as Logosmartz may make your computer unstable causing lots of troubles and frustration.

• S
      Oct 16, 2009

I got one promotional email and I about to purchase logosmartz logo desgn software. At the last moment I searched lgomsatz in google and luckily found you guys. Thanks fr sharing I am not gong to but logosmartz.

Dec 08, 2009

Hey people,

I just download the trial version of logosmartz and trust me I loved this software. Its seems to be a very good tool for a person like me who can't afford the cost of a hiring a designer or outsourcing the logo design work.

Regards,
    Marine

Dec 10, 2009

Hey,

These +ve reviews posted by company people only they make you fool so please don't try any of smartz product because they only make you fool nothing else i purchase logosmartz 2year Barry as you read my last complaint " I lost a hard drive and had to notify the company to get my license reactivated (they protect this piece of software like it was worth a lot more than it is, in fact the even protect it from their customers, seems the policy is, if you have to reinstall the software and it has been over a year you will have to repurchase it."

don't use this

Barry

Jan 01, 2010

bad software it just waist my time nd money nothing else

Feb 10, 2010

bad product...

• A
      May 10, 2010

LOGOSMARTZ, DOSCMARTZ, WEBSMARTZ, RANKSMARTZ, FOLIOSMARTZ All are crap

Dec 24, 2010

Warning that you will not be able to move this software to another computer without re-purchasing it again. I bought this software about two years ago. It was okay but had a few problems. I recently changed computers and they told me I would have to re-purchase the software to move the software. Don't buy it, it's not worth it.

• I just had to format my computer due to virus issues. So I contacted Logosmartz because my registration key would not work. I keep all of my emails and registration codes from all of the software companies, and Logosmartz is the only one that will not work after 12 months. I sent them a few emails and I am still waiting. I read the email receipt and all of my emails from them and no where does it say a 12 month license. So I think we all can get our month back.

• month= MONEY... Sorry.

Jul 11, 2014

I bought Logosmartz with Business Card Designer. It was not possible to import the logo created in Logosmartz into a custom business card. Customer support promised to help twice, but did nothing. This is junk. I would never buy from them again. I completely wasted my money,