Logitech / Scam and cheating

United States Review updated:
Purchased Pro-Fi Elite. Package says "Everything iPod". Unfortunately it does not charge my iPod Touch, my iPhone, or my Nano. So listening to music the battery goes dead. I spent well over 30 minutes waiting for customer service when I finally was connected to tech support. After 40 minutes more he agreed to send me another unit. That replacement never arrived. Each call I placed thereafter I get (mysteriously) disconnected.

Today, product defects are inevitable. Logitech warranty/Customer Service non-existent. This behavior is inexcusable, frustrating and a waste of time. Stay away from this company and it's inferior products.
Va

Comments

Sk
  1st of Dec, 2008
logitec woofer given with LG desktop in scheme went out of order after one month of purchase 1.e dated 2nd sept 2008. no action taken by the co for repair of defected piece
Il
  11th of Jun, 2014
Worst customer service I have EVER received. Not only was she inflexible, she did not even answer my questions and kept referring to her handbook... Needless to say, I will not be recommending these products to anyone i know.
It is my fault that I did not hold onto my receipt but I dont expect a product to break so quickly!

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care. My name is Marissa and I am sorry for the delay in my response.

In line with your concern, as per Logitech limited hardware warranty, Logitech’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy for any breach of warranty shall be, at Logitech’s option, (1) to repair or replace the hardware, or (2) to refund the price paid, provided that the hardware is returned to the point of purchase or such other place as Logitech may direct with a copy of the sales receipt or dated itemized receipt. Shipping and handling charges may apply except where prohibited by applicable law. Logitech may, at its option, replace your product, offer to provide a functionally equivalent product, or repair any product with new, refurbished or used parts as long as such parts are in compliance with the product’s technical specifications. Any replacement hardware product will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period of time that may be applicable in your jurisdiction.

For reference purposes, this is your support reference number 140416-000168.

Customer By Email ()06/05/2014 08:11 PM

To whom is reading this

You asked me if my product was fully addressed and if you read the correspondence between myself and your customer "care" rep, you will find that it is far from being resolved.
I do wish to raise this further so please direct me on how to do so.

I would also like to state that this customer service experience is one of the most atrocious experiences i have had (I have also worked in a similar environment in the past)

From:
support-ena@logitech.com
To:
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 19:22:24 +1000
Subject: As per my original enquiry( i have moved flat and only recently found my product... [Incident:140416-000168]
Auto-Response06/04/2014 07:22 PM
Hi

You have recently been in contact with our Customer Care department, and we would like to follow up and ask if your request was fully addressed.

If not, please feel free to respond to this email or call us. You can find our contact phone numbers on http://www.logitech.com/support.

Regards,
Logitech Customer Care Team

Response Via Email (Marissa)06/02/2014 07:14 PM

Dear

In line with your concern, Logitech based its products warranty from the date of purchase. Unfortunately Logitech does not accept bank statement as proof of purchase.

For reference purposes, this is your support reference number 140416-000168.

Customer By Web Form ()05/26/2014 06:48 PM
Marissa,

If its taking 10 days to respond to my question, please could you answer my questions which I asked rather than not reading what i wrote. I have asked if you would accept a credit card statement highlighting the retailer the price etc?
You also completely avoided my questions and provided no concern for my case even though they were obvious frustrations for a customer. Im disappointed in the service I have received now. Can you supply a link to the customer feedback page please?

Response Via Email (Marissa)05/26/2014 06:43 PM
Dear

As per internal review, in order for us to process the warranty claim, we need a copy of the receipt.

Please check this link for Logitech limited hardware warranty: http://www.logitech.com/en-hk/footer/terms-of-use/&id=3101

For reference purposes, this is your support reference number 140416-000168. If you would like to follow up, please reply using this link: http://logitech-en-ap.custhelp.com/app/account/questions/detail/i_id/10332222/username/

If you have not set up an account yet, you can do so there.
If you are asked for a password and do not remember it, please use the "forgot username or password" under Log in to have a new password sent to you.

To access our FAQs, Support Community Forum, and product documentation, please visit http://www.logitech.com/support/.

NOTE: Once your incident is solved our system will send a quick Customer Satisfaction Survey to your email address to gather feedback about your experience with us. We encourage you to participate on the survey so we can continue to WOW our customers. It's a 0-10 rating, 10 being the highest basing on how we assisted you with the concern that you reported. A separate comment field is provided for your feedback and suggestions in order for us to improve our products and services.

Customer By Web Form ()05/16/2014 05:21 PMMarissa

I thank you for finally getting in touch with me.

I would like to check that if I manage to get a credit card statement confirming the purchase from that HMV if that would be sufficient?

Can I confirm that you will cover any extra travel costs for me to go back to the store or any costs that I incur to get proof of purchase?

The principle of the 2 year guarantee that was emblazoned on the box that I purchased your device in is the reason that I am chasing this up . I have no qualms about going out and buying another speaker but why should I be penalised for purchasing, what must be a substandard/defective, product and now being forced to go out of my way to prove that I bought it legitimately? Not only will I be hit financially but also it will take a fair amount of time to do this all because I bought an item from Logitech that has failed.
Could I also ask if you keep receipts of all your purchases over a year ago?

I am not angry or annoyed at you Marissa but very disappointed in how my case has been handled by Logitech. I understand you have protocol to follow and having worked in customer service dealing with enquiries before myself, I sympathise that your hands are tied. I can only commend you for following procedure but my only feedback would be the delay in time between the correspondence.

I would like my query escalated to a supervisor or I will take things further myself and I will if I dont get a satisfactory response.

Response Via Email (Marissa)05/16/2014 05:04 PM
Dear

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care. Again my name is Marissa and I am sorry for the delay in my response.

In order for Logitech to provide the best service to you, a proof of purchase will be needed to validate when the product was purchased. If you purchased your product from an authorized online store or from a major retail store, you may contact them and they should be able to give you another copy of your receipt.

We apologize for any inconvenience that this issue might have caused you.

Customer By Web Form (05/04/2014 12:34 PM
Marissa

As it has been almost a year and a half since i have the product, i cannot find the receipt for this.
I can remember where i bought the product and i have all the original packaging and extras that came with it. The product was bought at HMV inside Telford Plaza, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong. The price of the unit was $799 HK Dollars. The product codes have all been attached.

My contact address is:
My contact number is
I do not hold a home phone.

I look forward to your response.

Regards.

Response Via Email (Marissa)05/02/2014 01:15 PM
Dear

Thank you for contacting Logitech Customer Care. Again my name is Marissa and I apologize for the wait in receiving my response.

I apologize you're still encountering the same problem.

Since you've gone through the troubleshooting steps and it's still not working properly, it is now safe to say that your Logitech UE Mobile Boombox is defective.

Please provide the information below in order for us to validate the warranty of your device:

1. A screen shot of your receipt. Attach it in JPEG file.

Reminder: Please make sure that the following information are indicated / visible on the receipt:

-date of purchase
-order number
-name, address and contact details of the retailer
-name and unit price of the Logitech device

2. Your complete address:

3. Your contact numbers:
Home :
Mobile:

Logitech Customer Care
Question Reference #140416-000168Product Level 1: Tablet AccessoriesProduct Level 2: Speaker ComboProduct Level 3: UE Mobile BoomboxDate Created: 04/16/2014 01:13 AMLast Updated: 06/11/2014 03:00 PMStatus: Waiting for Customer

Logitech Logo Logitech