logical laser, houston TX / dishonesty

1 8401 Westheimer Rd Suite 260Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 713 784 2479

I made an appointment over the phone for two separate laser hair removal procedures and was told that a credit card was needed to hold the reservations. The appointments scheduled were for arm hair removal on 11/10/08 and chin and lip hair removal for 11/12/08. I was told that if I needed to cancel the appointments, so long as they were cancelled greater than 24 hours in advance I would not be charged for them.
However, they did go ahead and charge me $875 for both appointments. When I called the store back to tell them what had happened, they said they would call me back in a few minutes and never did. I went back to the store and they stated that they would refund the cancelled services minus a $100 administrative fee. When I stated that they should not charge me $100 extra since the appointment had been cancelled on time as per their policy, they basically stated that they had already taken the money when I made the appointment and charge $100 if you ever cancel, which was clearly opposite to what they told me over the phone when I was making the initial appointment.
More than the monetary amount, I am disputing the dishonest misrepresentation of contract clauses and charges. Houston merchants should not try to secure clients credit card information under false or ambiguous pretenses and then steal money from them through repeated verbal misrepresentation of clearly unjust and fraudulent contract clauses. My advice to all Houston ladies is: Don't use this laser place, they will try to steal your money. It is better to go to a place where people are more honest.

Am

Comments

• Ha
      4th of Dec, 2008

Im a bit skeptical of any business that would make oral agreements, and request full payment of their services over the phone and up front before arrival to their establishment.

On a professional basis, they should refund you the $100.00 bucks regardless of their claimed "policy" due to the fact that the sum of money that you would had spent in their business shadows the 100.00 bucks.

• Tr
      22nd of May, 2009

I've personally had a really bad experience with Logical Laser as well. They should have absolutely not charged you, and they have threatend to charge me ridiculous things like that as well. I bought a package through them for $1000+ for underarm and bikini. I went for 2 treatments which were done by nurses that were nice and thorough. I thought, "good, now I will finally get all of this done!" The third visit however, was horrible. The nurse only did half the area, was sloppy, and constantly was hurrying me. I always bring an ice pack, and when she saw it and asked how I was going to use it, she said, "Are you telling me this is going to take twice as long as it should?" Not only did I pay big bucks for a session where she only did half the area and berated me the whole time, but when I threatened to leave, she said I would be charged for the session anyway, or at least, a penalty. I've had laser hair removal at a number of places from Baylor to hospitals, and this was by far the worst place I've ever been. PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT GO HERE. I have asked to have the rest of my sessions refunded and they have not responded. I may have to take them to small court in order to get any money back. I would absolutely not recommend this place.

• Ha
      31st of Oct, 2009

I've had a completely different experience, it has been wonderful! The front desk staff have been very friendly and honest to me and three other friends that I have referred. The nurses have been wonderful, very professional and knowledgeable. I was told that I had to pay for the procedures in full before I could schedule an appointment. This is a practice that seems more and more common with businesses today. I'm not saying I care for this practice, but I do understand why they do it and have noticed several other companies do the same.

Example, I joined a massage salon. I receive discounted monthly massages by signing up for a year membership. They only gave 3 days past the purchase date to cancel. They also have a 24 hour notice for cancelation of appointments, but if you miss the 24 hour deadline they take the massage, I'd rather pay a fraction of the massage cost than lose the entire massage. Logical Laser only changes a $50 fee for each treatment (pulling this info from my copy of there policy’s). Of course I would like to be charged nothing but understand that they need to keep their schedule full and if I don't make my appointment they still have to pay staff and other cost.

But to Harry, if you never had a treatment and canceled your appointment before the 24 hour deadline they have no legal right to a fee. If you made your purchase over the phone (as I did as well) and had signed no contract then they can't take your money or charge a cancelation fee. I'm sorry that you were charged! I would try calling them back and explaining these details to them. With no signed contract it is a "he said she said" thing (hence the purpose of a contract) and they have no right to the fee. They have always been reasonable with me.

Travelmonster, I'm confused. If you always used an ice pack why did the nurse only ask on your 3rd treatment how you were going to use it? If you used the ice pack in the prior treatments then wouldn't the nurse already know how you’re going to use it? And I don't mean this to sound rude, but if your appointment was going to take twice as long as it should, then I'm with the nurse. I hate having an appointment for 1:00 and then sit in the waiting room for a few more hours before my appointment actually starts. I guess that's how Logical Laser keeps my appointment time on time. She should not have been rude! But then you shouldn't expect to be able to take twice as long as you’re scheduled for. And a missed appointment or an appointment not completed is the same thing.

I guess we all need to be a little more vigilant in reading the fine print. This is a practice I have taking more seriously these days, being that I have been burned by it in the past. But I could only be mad at myself; I was the one that didn't take the time to read the rules. I do have to say, once you read all the fine print there usually aren't surprises down the road. And my road is bumpy enough without me adding to it...

Off my soap box and back to Logical Laser. I adore the staff, I love my hair free results and the prices are the best in town hands down! I recommend that everyone go to them. And they take before and after pics! You can see the results after each treatment. That is BOLD, because that is proof that can work against them as well as work for them! And I'm more than pleased to say, my pictures just proved what I had already noticed...I'm hair free!!!

• Lo
      6th of Jun, 2010

@ Hair Free and Pleased - When trying to save your business' reputation you should be more careful and not be so obvious. Nice try!

• Lo
      7th of Jul, 2010

LOGICAL LASER SUCKS!!! They are INCOMPETENT, DISHONEST AND UNPROFESSIONAL. Pay a little more and get a better laser hair removal and customer service. I wish I thought about that before getting burned by Logical Laser. They don’t have any kind of customer service and don’t care about their clients. They treated me like I was lying when I told them that I got hurt; I even had to go see a doctor because they did not tell me how to treat the burns… just because their consent form says that “there is a possibility of rare side effects…” THEY CAN BURN YOU AND THEY WILL, because of their contract, they do not need to provide a good service, they can actually give you a crappy service and keep your money.

A friend of mine went to another hair removal business, and paid more money because the other company offers a 5 session package, which it is the same cost of their 3 session package, when you divide the total amount by the number of sessions. SO, DO THE MATH AND SAVE YOURSEL[censored]