United States, Michigan Review updated:
Loehmann's Troy Michigan and TWX Magazine are in it to scam customer into a so-called "FREE" magazine subscription only to find out that your credit card or debit card will be charge a subscription fee for the magazine. When I called to complain, the manager Tracy said that when the company came out to train the Loehmann's sales staff, that's how they (Loehmann's staff) were suppose to offer it. --- REALLY!! She was defensive that and blamed it on me and said that when I sign my card purchase, I am also signing that I agree to the terms and it's on my receipt!!! If I wanted to buy a magazine I would not buy at LOEHMANN'S I would buy from Magazine stores. When I called TWX magazine, the agents were shocked that it was not explained by the staff at LOEHMANN'S. This is such a desperate marketin strategy. The problem is both of the companies were trying to deceive to get a few dollars. I'm sure LOEHMANN'S has a commission in the sale. VERY SAD!!!

N  10th of Aug, 2009 by
I have experienced the very same issue. The Mag Customer Service agent tried to tell me that I agreeded to the subscriptions..."Now why would I do that?" I received 3 magazine subscriptions to my house and couldn't, for the life of me track down the source till I started seeing charges on my bank statements. I am now having to go back and have the charges reversed. I am very upset that Lohemans would sell off my information, including my charge card information.
A  5th of Nov, 2009 by
I thought I was the only one going through this. I am saddened to hear that I am not the only one who has been defrauded by Loehmanns store. In March they offered me a free three month trial period of three magazines. I was told that I could cancel at the end of this three month trial, but was never given the chance to quit, nor was it disclosed that they would be giving away my CREDIT CARD NUMBER to these magazines. My account has now been charged for the cost of the subscription without any notice.This is fraud -Loehmann's shouldn't be betraying their devoted clients like this. I have called the magazine center for a full refund and they said it will take 3 to 5 business days...we shall see!! Loehmann should stop defrauding its clients or they will go out of business.
A  14th of Nov, 2010 by
Same thing happened to me and my sister! The salesperson asked us if we wanted to subscribe we said NO and they ignored us and still some how submitted the subscription anyway. We are boycotting loehmanns until these employees and the company takes responsibility for fraudulent actions. Nordstrom Rack is way better and would never abuse customers like this.