Loehmanns / Dirty tricks with their coupons

Loehmanns recently offered $10 coupon for any purchase. Many people went to their local Loehmanns store and posted that they used their coupons on clearance items.

When I went to Loehmanns store near my area, a casher told me that their staff had a meeting and decided to not accept the coupon for clearance items even if the coupon says it is $10 off all the purchase. How do I know if the staff had a meeting? It is totally cheap trick to attract customers to their store using the coupon and then not accept it.

I am very disappointed to Loehmanns. It was total waste of my time to drive there, spend 1 hour, wait in the fitting room, and wait to check out.

Va

Comments

28th of Jul, 2008

It doesn't say "$10 off ANY purchase"...It clearly says on the coupon "not valid with any other offer". Clearance items are included in "other offer".

• De
      3rd of Aug, 2008

No I beleive they meant "1 coupon per purchase"
    otherwise it would have clearly stated "not to be used on clearance items" as many coupons DO state...

• De
      3rd of Aug, 2008

I should add, when I went to Loehmann's 2 weeks ago the ENTIRE store was on clearance. If they were to decline the coupon for clearance items, it would be like a supermarket declining coupons on sale items. For the record, they accepted my $10 off (Brooklyn, NY) and gave me 10% off on the Loehmann's club signup.

• Mz
      26th of Jul, 2009

They have to have all information printed on coupon as to how to use. If not they have to accept the coupon. I work for Loehmanns and this always happen. If this happens again ask for the complaint hotline number and file complaint. Watch how fast they accept that coupon. Remember though stay calm and polite while asking for information. You will get better results.

11th of Apr, 2013

I went to loehmanns in the bronx at 5740 broadway that is the worst store. some of the people there answer u so nasty when u ask a question especially that girl name kim do not know how to speak to people. she do not need to be there at all. Go to someone else to ask a question.

11th of Apr, 2013

you r right one time i when to loehmanns and she was ringing i wanted to know if that was the only size in the store because i wanted another size so i told her to check for me she said with on atitude u have to wait. I was like u do not have to say it like that.That same kim u talk about.She is such a bully.

11th of Apr, 2013

kim and one of the managers r friend so they dont care in loehmanns.