LockOfTheDay.com / Fake records that lead people to give them $ for picks!

The site LockOfTheDay.com gives a free sports betting pick per day to the public. If that was all they did, I wouldn't really care if they lied about their past records or not.

HOWEVER, every couple of weeks, they have a "Lock of the Month" which they sell for $25. Now, by looking at their website, you might think that they're usually pretty accurate and the lock is worth paying for. However, I've tracked their picks for a month, and they are waaaay off. Sometimes, they don't count a loss... sometimes when they say a game is worth two wins/losses, they'll only count it as one loss. They don't track the actual picks; just the records.

It's a scam that they trick readers into thinking that they're knowledgeable, but they actually just fudge their record and don't let the public see their past picks. This site is a total fraud - never trust what the record says, and definitely don't waste your money buying picks from these losers.

Ro

Comments

• Wi
      5th of Mar, 2007

I've followed Lockoftheday.com for over 6 months, and believe they are one of the few honest handicappers out there. Never seen them fudge their record.

They don't win all the time, but at least they are honest. I've made money by betting on their picks when I agree with them. just my two cents.

• Db
      8th of Mar, 2007

I also disagree. Lockoftheday.com is one of my favorite websites.

15th of Sep, 2007

I dont care if they pad the loses or not,from my winnings in a two month period they seem to be pretty good.....i have the bank acc to prove it.

• Ro
      14th of Nov, 2007

They are decent and fairly honest for touts but they definitely fudge their record a little bit. They don't make it obvious but they do it a couple of times each month. They also put down the best possible line on a game, one that sometimes is impossible to still find.

14th of Dec, 2007

These guys are terrible they really know how to fudge the record. For the record the are 1-6 in december 07 so far on football which is supposed to be there best picks with a ton of money on them. 12/13 they took denver to beat the texans without a line even posted, should have counted for 2 losses on the money line or should have posted denver favored by 3. Then tonight they take Mephis Grizzlies -4 then scratch the bet because Paul Gasol is scratched and the line went to -3.5. If any knows any thing about laying bets in vegas you can not void your ticket after the line moves so here is another loss not recorded. Cant wait to see how the finish on the month because I bet the other side of them and have been winning epically this month thanks guys for your lock losses. They also cheat on the lines the o/u on Jac. Pit was never 39.5 I know I live in vegas unlike you guys in your want a be vegas town you live in. Keep betting online with your make believe lines and don't bye the lock of the months its totally not worth it.

16th of Dec, 2007

Weekend picks 1-3 on football. They said they moved the line on PIT/JAC Under 2 points to 37.5 wow what a surprise it went over but now this evening you do not see it on the site anymore. Overall football record as of 12/16 2-9 for the month of December which they own! Way to lay big money on the colts over it was short by 10 points. Thanks for another great weekend of betting against you I raked this weekend.

12th of Jun, 2008

These guys (or i should one guy) are a joke...they just got killed on the their lock of the year and only gave themselves one loss! If they win their lock, they give themselves 4 lock wins...what a farce and a sham! Don't fall for it!

17th of Jun, 2008

These guys lost every single NBA Finals game! You must be a complete ### not to bet Boston which covered every single FINALS game. I rake again thanks for making me a cool grand. O by the way keep fudging your baseball lines and not counting them against your record. Bravo Bravo schmucks.

10th of Jul, 2008

Lock of the day lies about there records! The claim they went 16-19 for the month of June they really went 15-20. At the end of June I looked at the year to date it 83-83. Now they post a 108-108 record for the year. They have a losing record for Feb, March, April, May .500 and losing again in June. Don't believe the year to date record it is false. Bet against these guys they cheat on over/unders all the time and cheat the baseball lines constantly. They are terrible in football also which you will hear from them the opposite.

• Ed
      13th of Aug, 2008

I am one of the guys at Lockoftheday. We never fake our record. We put up a free pick 365 days a year; most of them winners, and people still complain. Gamblers are always looking for someone to blame or complain about. It's just the nature of the business. We are the ONLY website to list our losses! How about complaining about all those other handicappers who refuse to list their losses? One guy bets on our pick and loses, then needs someone to blame. We bet the Dodgers at -175, line goes to -190, and some [censored] will compain we have the wrong line up. We don't really care. And of course we have losses, but we always have more winners than losers. We have been online since 2002, longer than any other handicapper. If we weren't very good at what do, we couldn't stay in business. We have had a winning record every year, 7 years in a row. Just my opinion, but I believe we are the best in the business. You can listen to the two crybabies up above lie, or you can watch our site for free for a month and see for yourself that our records are real and we win just about every month. Best regards, Edward.

• To
      17th of Nov, 2008

they have a winner here or there, but when i look at it, i have no confidence in what they say...i dont bet their free picks, so why would i pay 25 for a super loser.

• Ha
      17th of Jan, 2009

These guys said Pit +2.5 could not find that line anywhere last night or this morning. Did you buy up that would have costed atleast -135. No biggie I bet against you and your research .#1 team on the road getting points for a reason LOTD. Your football lock is PIT/BAL under and I am sure your line will be 35 or more. You guys are not even close to being good followed you the past 15 days. Now I will follow you to bet against you.

The #1 team in the nation is an underdog!? Say what?! This matchup requires further research. We dove into the research on this Pitt/Louisville game. We came up loving Pitt today. Louisville's team is chalk full of awesome athletes who can jump and run with the best of them. Having athletes who can jump out of the gym does not equate to victories. Louisville turns the ball over too often. Louisville takes too many ill-advised shots. Making mistakes against a quality team like Pitt will be costly. PITT PLUS THE POINTS IS A LOCK!!

*NFL Playoffs LOCK tomorrow!!! BIG MONEY WILL BE WON!!!

20th of Jan, 2009

Quote:The early NBA kills us every year. That's why we bet very small on the NBA and that's why we give our NBA Lock Of The Month away for free. So I paid for your loser Football Lock of the Month why did you make me pay for that. You guys suck!

• St
      22nd of Feb, 2009

lockoftheday are the lowest of the low. They lie about their records all the time and fudge on the lines. They don't count the juice when they lose. Anybody playing thier picks must be in the poorhouse and have a minus bankroll by thousands. Of all the possibilities to choose from daily, they seem to take the losers with bogus anology on the games. I have done very well just going against their picks every week. I call them Bozos and Liars. KoltonKid@aol.com

• Lo
      23rd of Mar, 2009

Yes, lockoftheday.com does indeed fudge their records...even in a good month like this one (March 09) they feel the need not to report all of their loses. Even if you call them out in a email (they only fix half of their mistakes) and reply back that it was simply a "mistake."

Just the other they had 12.2 in the loss column...and what do you know suddenly that .2 dissapears...and I know because I was a sucker and subscribed to their picks...just another way they try to skim their losses can to get an advantage and pad their record...they are taking you to the ringer...and they can cut the crap "we are the best in the business" No you are like every other cheeseball in the business

• Sp
      24th of Mar, 2009

**As of March 23rd 2009**

lotd posts their record at 20 - 15...surprise surprise they are WRONG!!!

If you are paying for their plays this month you would know you have made 35 bets (3/1 - 3/23) with a W - L record of...

20 - 17.2 (not counting juice, this is VERY generous)

Edward@lotd I challange YOU to accurately portray yourself and the guys you work with, PLEASE stop lying!!!

• Gr
      15th of Apr, 2009

I BET HUGE AGAINST YOU! LET SEE HOW MANY LOSSES YOU PUT DOWN FOR THIS LOSER. YOU GUYS ARE TERRIBLE YOU TAKE MONTHS OFF AND HAVE A WINNING RECORD? NOT A CHANCE

The Cavaliers are 38-1 at home this season. Make that 38-2 after this game. Cleveland doesn't give a rat's ### about that home record! Cleveland will bench ALL of their starters tonight! You might even see LeBron James in street clothes. Philadelphia needs this win for a possible chance to move up a spot in the playoffs and avoid playing the Celtics. Thaddeus Young is back from injury and he makes this team go! This Sixers are young and talented. They will DOMINATE the Cavaliers bench players!!! The only reason this spread isn't 76ers -11 is because of the Cavs ridiculous home record. Throw that out the window!! BET BIG ON THE SIXERS!!! We have been coasting through this month - most of us take off after the college hoops season and wait for football season - we are back to BET HEAVILY on this one game. One team has something to play for - the other team is resting their best players. PHILLY IS A LOCK!!!

• Bo
      24th of Apr, 2009

6-22.4 so far for the month of April

How do you consider yourself the best in the business with this type of a record, you would be broke right now if you bet every game they did.

Anyone that buys picks from these clowns are idiots, the worst in the business. I've never seen such a disgrace.

• Fr
      3rd of May, 2009

LOTD was 10 -38 for month of April. The year to was 65-56 at the end of march good try guys. So with that being said if we went off your false record of 65-56 your new record after april is 75-94! If you bet the lock of the day you would have LOST THOUSANDS with juice 22, ooo for the month! LOTD cheats the record doenst count juice and have no social skills.

• Du
      18th of May, 2009

LOTD gave themselves a win for the AZ/FLA game that was rained out after 3.5 inn. You guys are so bad its funny!