Locate Family / phishing and extortion

United States Review updated:

Locatefamily.com is a website that publishes users personally identifiable information in one consolidated place. They publish the info without users consent - afterwards, they provide you with the option to OPT OUT once you discover it's there.

However, locatefamily.com will refuse to remove any information from their site unless the user provides them with more official records of their sensitive data such as photos, drivers licences, and utility bills. (Chances are they take these photos and sell your licence on the dark web).

To require a user to provide this type of data in order to opt out of a service they never signed up for is both phishing and extortion. Users have no legal obligation to provide copies of drivers licences, photos, utility bills, social security cards, when requesting the removal of their personally identifiable information from their website.

A company who publishes your PII on their website with the intent of collecting even more sensitive PII is extorting users and all companies providing this website with services should consider this a phishing tactic.

USERS HAVE NO LEGAL OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE VERIFICATION DOCUMENTS and/or ADDITIONAL PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION TO WEBSITES WHO OPT IN USERS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT OR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT!

The company is unknown and the website is virtually unreachable. Cloudflare is their hosting provider and Tucows provides them with domain registration protection.

Locate Family

Lo
May 07, 2018

More Locate Family Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ke
      Jun 25, 2018

THEY ARE A BAND OF FRAUDER. PLEASE BE AWARE AND DENOUNCE TO CANADA EMBASSY OF YOUR COUNTRY. THEY SEEME TO STAY THERE
    Check online the site locatefamily.com amd verify that they are in Toronto Ontario Canada
    Phone numbers there is this number +1.4165385457
    Location Canada, Toronto, 96 Mowat Ave
    Postal code M6K 3K1
    PLEASE DENOUNCE THIS FRAUDER COMPANY TO THE PRIVACY AUTHORITY

• Ca
      Nov 13, 2018

@Kem12 The website is hosted in Canada but the company is likely American.

• Ke
      Jun 25, 2018

Pay attention to this company!! They extort your informations and this is an abuse!! When you contact them, they ask your oersonal cards or driving license or similar and this is a real attempt to fraud you.
    Whoever can read this, check your name if is in this list and denounce to your's country privacy Authority.
    Contact them and you will check that they cannot publish your personal informations and refuse to delete only with your personal documents...
    More than a scam...

• Wi
      Jul 07, 2018
    Best Best Advice

Here is how you find them:

BBB Upstate New York has the file--they apparently left without a forwarding address--some research shows

665 Third Street #207
    San Francisco, CA 94107

Regardless of your experience with this company please contact your congressperson and senator-- this nonsense has to stop

• Eu
      Aug 14, 2018

WARNING to all people listed in locatefamily.com without consent: Never start the removal process if there is just less information about you in the portal. Because you have to legitimize yourself with additional personal data. They tell you in the end that the removal process could not be finished successfully due to "data protection to avoid data abuse". BUT ... these gangsters use exactly these (new and correct) data to complement your online profile (again without permission)!!! As being a citizen of the EU I took legal action using officials from new GDPR. Result was that they can not identify the websites owner and therefore I have to live with having all my personal data in public. So it´s all just for the show but not to protect personal rights! Get these guys and eliminate this fraud platform!

• Eu
      Aug 19, 2018

@EU citizen I am EU citizen and on this list as well. I don't want to give them my documents in order to be removed from this site. There must be a way we can all get up and sue this company for violation of privacy. It's not possible that they are above all international laws.

• Or
      Aug 21, 2018

Me, too. I'm on it and willing to removal but still can't...

• Bo
      Aug 24, 2018

Never ever send them your personal information / ID to get your information removed!!! Its funny that a crap service like this publishing hundred thousands of Private Records without the Users Consent try to hide behind Tucows / Cloudflare Privacy Protection..!!

To remove your data, write an complaint to the Webhost of them Cronomagic Canada Inc. / cronomagic.com

Cheers, Bob

• Be
      Sep 17, 2018

OMG I am glad I found your blog before submitting an Identification to them. How can I report this site??

Oct 14, 2018

Section 1 article 12 paragraph 6 of the GDPR gives them the right to ask for ID.

Mar 07, 2019

@Hamid Karabini honey, before we get to the ID, who gives them the rights to display our data at the first place? did they give us their ID? vicious human feaces they are. their mother should've thrown them to the lake the moment they were born. Yes, that is how much pain the caused me.

Oct 14, 2018

I gave them a scan of a junk mail label and they removed my information. This is just an online directory like many others.

• Je
      Nov 15, 2018

@Hamid Karabini Did it really work? So basically you just gave them fake ID scan and fake email address too?

• Ki
      Dec 26, 2018

Hi here,

I created an application that sends emails (in an endless loop) to asks locatefamily.com to delete my personal informations.

If you want it, I can give it to you all with the source code to make sure that it doesn't contain anything malicious code for you, but only for locatefamily.com :D

If interested, contact me.

Kiwi.

• Er
      Mar 03, 2019

@Kiwi Lorange I m intressted creating this application to spam them. Can you help with it?

• Wa
      Jan 20, 2019

please report to easydns.com company who is the hosting company of locatefamily.com

locatefamily is a scam and no way you can remove your data by simply ask them.

use authorities as well to find out who is behind them and how they get this data and from where.

usually theses people hack servers of big data companies and then uses ways to earn money from that leaked data

use probably may seen google ads on them and good seo of this web, they are earning good money bro using your personal data.. without caring that any one on internet can abuse using this personal data.. so report them immediately..

Feb 05, 2019

im also in and they will collect your copy of an id card and the they will NOT remove your data, no, they sell your passport copy on darknet. Report them also to google, so nobody can foud them and your data!

Feb 05, 2019

I bought help from the darknet now to shut down the site and punsh these criminals.

• Mi
      Feb 10, 2019

@HansWagner Any updates from the dark side?

• Er
      Mar 03, 2019

The number of the owner see this link:https://efraudsters.com/us/fraudsters/4165385457/

Mar 07, 2019

I am one of the victim, and i refused to give my ID, how is it my obligation at the first place for you to display my private details to the world without my consent and for me to have it removed is to give more personal details? why dont you ask me to give me 100K as well? it all seems LOGICAL to you. You have no idea the pain and issue that you caused me because of this.

I have a deal to make. For the owner to come forward and show that you and your entire family data are on the website. Show us your balls are as big as your vicious intend. Own up to it. I would drop my request if you do this. Until then, each and every second of my waking moment, I condemn you, and your BAD karma will keep on pilling up. Trust me and remember that, all of the bad things that will come to your way, that it is because of this. Yes.

Let us create Twitter hastag to remove this scammer website? #shutlocatefamilydotcom

• Le
      Apr 21, 2019
    Locate Family - Internet scam /possible criminals

They have failed to remove my information despite repeated complaints including to the BBB.I am told they are operating from overseas .They want more information they can steal .They might be Terrorist trying to obtain as much information as possible .They need to be stopped .

• Op
      May 09, 2019

Their removal page page (https://www.locatefamily.com/removal2.html) is a complete joke. They follow up with something to the effect of "Send us some ID." WTF is wrong with these people that run that site?! How are they still operating?!

Jul 11, 2019

I received a call from an [censored] Indian tele-marketers that found my numbers from this website. As one of you guys advised, I emailed Conoromagic and threatened them to lodge a complaint against them in Australia. We should all do this against their host and internet provider because you cannot negotiate with a theft to stop stealing from you but you can force the service provider for that theft to act on your behalf.

Jul 11, 2019

When they ask for our ID, it seems like someone stole your safety box and for returning it, he asks for the opening code. LOL. Don't be silly to upload your docs.

Jul 11, 2019

Beware this company...DO NOT create a log in or send them any personal information! Their terms of agreement to create a log in to request that they remove your personal information includes repetitive statements where you authorize them to use, sell and distribute the very information you are requesting they remove. I contacted them by email and they requested additional personal information that would further empower them to sell or perpetuate fraudulent activity with your information. GIVE THEM NOTHING! The scary thing is that this site has the most comprehensive collection of dangerous personal information I have found. Additional companies who engage in the same practices are Radaris, USA People search (they block your IP address after you make 1 removal request and you have to make a separate request for each listing, they told me I had to wait 24-48 hours before I could try again), Bizpedia, Who is and MyHeritage which appears not to have any mechanism to opt out.

• Ug
      Jul 16, 2019
    Locate Family - fraudulent use of my name, my address, my telephone number
    Lieu Canada, Toronto, 96 Mowat Ave Code postal M6K 3K1
    Costa Rica

UGUEN | Find people whose family name is UGUEN at locatefamily ...
    https://www.locatefamily.com › U › UGUEN
    Traduire cette page
    25 avr. 2018 - List of people from around the world whose last name is UGUEN. ...
    15. Flag of Costa Rica : Pierre Yves Uguen lives in Flamingo Costa Rica ...