Lobopuppies.com / Melody Edwards sells sick puppies imported from Russia!

Hurst, TX, United States Review updated:
DO NOT PURCHASE AN ENGLISH BULLDOG FROM THIS PUPPY IMPORTER. LOBOPUPPIES SELLS SICK PUPPIES IMPORTED FROM RUSSIA. THERE IS A LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS GREEDY WOMAN WHO DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE PUPPIES SHE SELLS...SHE IS INTERESTED ONLY IN THE MONEY. HERE IS THE STORY...THE FACTS!!

Thursday, September 18, 2008Last Update: 9:52:43 AM

State Busts Up Alleged Puppy Mills

FORT WORTH (CN) - The State of Texas accuses a married couple and the wife's sister of running puppy mills, misrepresenting the diseased bulldogs they sell for $2, 000 to $3, 000 apiece, falsely claiming to have bred the dogs themselves, and refusing to replace dead dogs with healthy, live ones.
The defendants are Kristy O'Neal dba EPuppyPro aka EPuppyPro.com; her husband, Charles O'Neal, also dba T.B. Elite Marketing LLC dba EPuppyPro.com and Lobopuppies.com; her sister, Melody Edwards dba Lobopuppies aka Lobopuppies.com; and Vickie O'Neal Alvord, an officer of T.B. Elite Marketing and epuppypro.com and lobopuppies.com.
The O'Neals operate out of North Richland Hills, Texas, Edwards out of Hurst.
The state alleges:
The defendants misrepresented the health of at least four sick puppies, claiming they had been checked by vets; one died the day after arrival; another one died soon thereafter; one has "two genetic disorders which left it unable to walk or stand."
One puppy the defendants sold was ill on arrival and died within 6 weeks.
The defendants advertise their dogs with alleged testimonials from customers, but at least one such customer "made no such statements and remains dissatisfied with his or her purchasing experience."
The defendants use AKC and other trademarks to advertise their dogs, but refuse to provide AKC papers when requested.
The defendants misrepresent themselves as the dogs' breeders, but the dogs have tattoos indicating they were imported. One puppy, which Kristy O'Neal misrepresented as bred at her home and "her kids' favorite" went to the purchaser "straight from the airport immediately after being imported."
The state demands penalties of up to $20, 000 per violation.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN THE VICTIM OF ANY OF THE PUPPY SELLING COMPANIES LISTED ABOVE, IT'S NOT TO LATE TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL. THE CASE HAS NOT GONE TO COURT YET AND THE SUIT CAN BE AMENDED. PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT IF YOU HAVE PURCHASED A PUPPY FROM ANY OF THE ABOVE NAMED AND EXPERIENCED ANY OF THE PROBLEMS NAMED IN THIS NEWS ARTICLE. Please file a COMPLAINT as soon as possible!

Comments

Bu
  20th of Oct, 2008
Beware of anyone connected to Danielle O'Neal! She is very BAD AND DISHONEST!! I purchased a sick puppy from Danielle of Epuppypro and the puppy is still sick. I've had her for almost six months and there hasn't been a two week period since I've had her that she hasn't been to the doctor! I had to have her spayed because she is not suitable for breeding. Her doctor says she should never have puppies to pass on these genetic problems. I couldn't breed her anyway because I NEVER received any registration papers. She promised to send me legitimate registration papers and I have not received them yet and it's been more than six months! STAY AWAY FROM ANY OF THESE PUPPY IMPORTERS. IT'S TRUE, THEY IMPORT SICK, SICK PUPPIES FROM RUSSIA.
Bu
  20th of Oct, 2008
We agree with all the complaints on this board. We purchased a little puppy from Danielle O'Neal who owns EPuppyPro.com. The puppy is adorable but was very sick. She seemed ok when we first got her except for a cough but within 24 hours of getting her home, she was getting worse. She was coughing and had a bad nasal discharge. When we took her to the vet she was diagnosed with a severe respiratory infection which developed into pneumonia. She was very sick for more than three weeks and had to be hospitalized and on several prescription meds. She is doing better now but still has some problems. She will never be able to have puppies because we never received any registration on her. The vet doesn't think she should have puppies anyway because they may have genetic problems. Don't purchase a puppy from EPuppyPro.com! I'm glad they are getting sued!
Vi
  4th of Nov, 2008
Whoever is writing these false statements about me needs to get there facts straight before slamming someone. I DO NOT sell sick puppies and never have. I have a long list of very happy puppy owners. I can assure anyone that I am a very HONEST person and run a very HONEST Business. I am not involved with any other companies but my own, and never have been.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO WRITE BAD THINGS ABOUT SOMEONE, YOU SHOULD HAVE TO LIST YOUR NAME AND CONTACT INFORMATION SO WE CAN SEE WHO YOU ARE. WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO SLAMS SOMEONE THAT YOU DO NOT EVEN KNOW AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY DEALINGS WITH.

If you have ever bought a puppy from me and have a problem please call me.

I am not aware of ONE UNresolved problem with anyone that I have ever sold a puppy too. Since no one has called me with any problems, its hard to understand why someone would just write stuff to hurt me.

Vickie
Va
  5th of Nov, 2008
When we picked up our brindle and white Meaty from Melody, we paid $2600.00!! It should have been $2400 since we picked him up. I told her that instead of refunding the $200, she could send the registration papers that would have been $200. She said that it could take up to a year since he was from Europe. (She didn't say what country.)

It's been 11 months now, and we have emailed LoBoPuppies 4 times. We have had no response. I tried calling, and they hung up. Meaty was extremely wild, violent, and acted as though he had never been around humans. All he wanted to do was bite us. We had a dog trainer work with him, and it did help. He is still very dominate and sometimes aggressive. I do think, now, that he was probably from a puppy mill, just because of his actions at such a young age. He didn't want affection, to be petted, just was happy in his crate. Now at 11 months, he is lovable. It's taken a lot of time and patience.

We are very angry that we paid for and don't have registration on him. But, at least so far he is healthy.

LoBoPuppies and EPuppy need to be checked by the Humane Society and whatever other agencies have the authority to shut them down. When I asked to go to their house to see the puppies, they said that we couldn't because of security reasons. We met at a park. I should have suspected something then.

I will report them to the Better Business Bureau.
He
  27th of May, 2009
I totally agree with the person complaining!!! We have purchased a puppy from Vivki Alvord at biglovepuppies.com and have been trying to get the registration papers and have yet to get them... Not only that but our puppy was tatooed with a "Supposedly" AKC number but for some reason we cannot find the number anywhere to match it with our puppies registration!!! Our puppy has been sick from about 2 weeks after we got her till now...But for some odd reason when I called vicki about it "she has never had any puppy that had been sick with this before" BUT she did know how I could get her fixed and that was by having her vet look at her or better yet bring her to her and she will take care of it for me!!! Next our puppy has gotten a skin rash (mites) and it is a genetic inheritance from her mother most likely BUT Vicki says her bulldog has never had any problems with mites...I am reading more and more on the internet about biglovepuppies having a lawsuit against them for having a puppy mill..I hope this is true and plan on finding out more information on this situation! Selling puppies that are sick to innocent people is cruel!! When we as "dog lovers" purchase a puppy we expect a good healthy puppy and for some sick person to put you through the expense and heart break is no better than a baby seller!!! I don 't know how you sleep at night knowing that you have an extra dollar in your pocket at the expense of somebodies heartache!!!328
Da
  2nd of Dec, 2009
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
My name is David Malcolm and I purchased a puppy from Melody Edwards. My dog was very sick and nearly died 3 times after flying from Buffalo, NY to Dallas, TX to pick her up. I have spent to date 4, 000.00 in vet bills and am furious with Melody. I would like to speak with someone from the Texas attorney generals office as soon as possible. Can someone please call me at 716-860-1283
Jv
  28th of Oct, 2010
Agree Disagree +2 Votes
My name is John Varline I purchased an English Bulldog from Lobopuppies.com (Melody Edwards) and I have had nothing with problems with the dog. It's always something that's wrong whether it's an ear infection, mites or something that needs major attention. The dog has had 3 major surgeries that had to be done to ensure that the dog lived. When I recieved the dog it had a tattoo or written numbers on its stomach and I always wondered what that was about.
Sa
  14th of Mar, 2011
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
My name is Sam Hood from West Virginia and my experience with Melody Edwards is almost identical to other complainants. I picked up our Bullie from her in August 2007 and she had lied about it's age. The poor little guy had eye and breathing problems and I had to detour to the U of Tennessee Vet Hospital on my way home with the dog. He had eye ulcers and pneumonia and almost went blind and almost died. After 3-4, 000 dollars in vet bills he survived and has been healthy since. We also learned he was born in Russia and were stunned. Melody is a crook and an animal abuser.
Ma
  13th of Aug, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
We purchased 3 bulldogs from Melody and Danielle early spring of 2007. Our male dog arrived VERY sick with kennel cough. He also had cherry eye. The two females seemed fine. Almost lost our male and ended up spending thousands of dollars once the two female came down with the kennel cough. Our male, Tank, ended up quarantined and hooked up to an IV for about a week. Our other female had to have a bronchial wash meaning her lungs had to be washed out. Daisy did not get a sick but ended up with two cherry eyes. Her left eye needed surgery twice and now stays dry and requires drops several times a day. Both females had dermodex (red mange) and had to be treated with ivermedtin for several weeks. Our male, Tank, had what several of you have called the dead shakes. Almost like a seizure. As of the first of this year, Tank ended up with major ear issues where his ears closed completely up. I don't believe this latest problem to have been an epuppy/lobo scam issue but we treated and treated those ears before finally deciding he needed surgery to open the ears! This past Friday morning I found that Tank had died in his sleep!!! I'm sure it was heart related. He could have had a heart defect perhaps from all the steroids he's had to be on since he was a pup. Or maybe it was just his time!! Either way, my heart is broken!!! This morning I decided to Google epuppypro/lobo just to see what ever happen to those ladies. You see, I only received two of my three papers which I'm now reading are totally bogus anyway. I also informed Melody of the kennel cough and the mange to which she totally blew off as not her fault!!! Got to the point my phone calls and emails went unanswered!!! I am just shocked at all the complaints and law suits!!! I love my bullies more than anything and cannot believe the heartlessness of these women!!! The moment I laid eyes on my sick Tank, as a pup, I knew I would spend my last dine to make him better!!! I cannot believe the cruelness of these people and the people in Russia!!! They all need to be in jail!!! Or better yet, stuck in a small crate, in the belly of a cold plane and shipped to Russia!!! I would not trade my Tank for anything in the world and would give anything to get him back!!! Those tender emotions are what these ### are counting on!!! Marjorie of Atlanta, GA!!!