Loan Modification / $871 in OVERDRAFT Charges

1 951 NE 167 th StreetMiami, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 786.735.1991

Truman Foreclosure Assistance has a new Director of Customer Service, Mrs. Shoshanna Itzkowitz, like her husband prior CEO, Jack Itzkowitz, they totally lack the integrity that comes with doing business and representing an up and up company, which they are not.
Eight months ago, I checked Truman out on BBB and found they had a “B” rating and thought I would be okay to proceed with my loan modification process. Now it is the end of August and my mortgage company still has not cleared me as having completed my loan modification. I went back out on the BBB website only to find the following words:

Rating F –
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.
I had three women working on my file who wouldn’t return phone calls, faxes or e-mails for weeks at a time. To begin with, I paid two payments of $900 each, however the original person setting up my file told me I could send in a partial payment for the second $900 and pay the balance when I was able. I sent a package of paperwork and attached my check on top with the wording in the memo section “Partial Payment $900 - $200 = $700, ” but one of those women put through the $900 against my checking account anyway and bounced my checks causing me $871 in OVERDRAFT charges. I made the mistake of giving them my card number, which put me in a very bad position; especially, when I wanted to trust these people in honoring what they had told me in the first place regarding a partial payment.
**************************************************************************************
I have sent e-mails and faxes to both Jack Itzkowitz and Shoshanna Itzkowitz requesting they reimburse me for their company’s error, but to no avail. My last fax said I was going to be putting in a complaint on this website but my fax was also blown off. I find this type of business practice as reason for the BBB to give them a Rating of F and I would never refer this company to anyone. It doesn’t matter to them how many people they defraud one way or another!

Comments

1st of Mar, 2010

I paid $2, 000 to a loan mod company based in Miami for my mortgage, and its been 18 months and still nothing! You can simply write a letter to the bank yourself and you might results too without spending all that money. I have a friend that got a forensic loan audit like these guys http://www.loandoctorsfl.com and they used that to modify their loan WITHOUT the loan mod companies. I wish I did that.

Lorenzo