Loan Modification / Scam

1 1400 N Gilbert RdGilbert, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-944-4084

Choice loan makes promises that it does not keep. They never call clients with modification updates. Their sales force and marketing model is multi level (MLM) based and this is why they charge $3500 up front. This is how they can afford to pay commissions to all the marketing/sales levels. They do not respond to clients once they have been paid for services. Beware!!!

Comments

• Li
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I am trying to find out more about this company, they are doing alot of hiring.
    Could you elaborate on your experience?

• Lo
      9th of Apr, 2009

I am an agent with Choice Loan Consulting and I have had nothing but success dealing with them.

Also, If you are so dissatisfied with ChoiceLC then why haven't you filed a complaint against them?

The company doesn't have any complaints filed against them with any credible institution.

Just posting a complaint on a blog without any reference to who you are is very weak.

To anybody who reviews this post please feel free to call me.
    Doug Carpenter
    602-525-3055

• Ri
      10th of Jun, 2009

Modify America Now John Sandaval

Took my money promised to get the modification loan,
    gave a good talk with a lot of promises closed his office.Called him several times promised to have it done by June 15 2009 total Scammer
    Beware dealing with John Sandaval of Modify America Now

• Te
      15th of Jun, 2009

I'm sorry to hear what happened, my name is Terri Felix I recently did a loan Modification with the Al Verdi Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at 866 400 1694 The gentlemen I worked with name was Cale Swanson

• Dr
      13th of Aug, 2009

I work for a large bank in the mortgage department and Choice Loan "Consulting" in merely putting a third party where they shouldn't belong ... between you and your money.
    The only thing CLC IS doing is draining your wallet while they attempt to comprehend words coming out of the phone ... like do we have authorization to speak to you on this file? -- Or better yet when they can't get their fat fingers to push the correct buttons for a number they jotted down for the department they were given a direct number to -- get the main number and yell at the person who answers because they aren't getting help. Or how about the fellow Victor in Arizona who is just a miserable guy who isn't doing anything for his client except pissing people off at the banks he is supposed to be working with to get the job done. Instead - when he doesn't get the answers he wants he puts up a fit using foul language to accentuate his point and blaming everyone but himself. No one wants to work with a loser and his calls are certainly documented. MY POINT = CLC's employees are less than credible. I have contacted/warned any customer of mine I come into contact with going through a modification with my institution via CLC as 9 times out of 10 their file is a shambles and nothing is being accomplished. The banks will work with you free of charge. CLC is just taking the calls and faxing documents over to the bank at your expense. I don't know about you but I am not going to pay $3500 for a f*ing secretary if I am afraid I may lose my home that's for sure!! As far as complaints filed against CLC with any credible institution - the complaints are valid regardless of the name. I'm sure there's a few cases gone well for them .. how many customers have they polled to get the true scope of things?
    I can not leave my name but I do work for the MHA program under President Obama's Plan for Modifications and Refinancing. If you really need a consultant try an institution that has a reputable name and not Choice Loan Consulting.

• Fr
      7th of Oct, 2009

My wife and I have unfortunately hired Choice One for our Loan Modification. I regret this decision, as they have been completely inept in all areas. We signed a contract with them in December of 2008. As of October 7, 2009 we still do not have any answers. Choice One refuses to talk to us??????!!! Why? I cannot ever get a person to update me on my Modification. Meanwhile, the bank is calling me asking for my mortgage payment. I leave message after message with my newest and latest agent. No response. WHY NO COMMUNICATION????? I am so frustrated. I have been told a few times that my account has been assigned to someone else; that our account now has an agent from the bank working on it; and that in 30 - 45 days, we should have our final answer. Still nothing.
    When we signed with them, it was with reluctance. I wish I had listened to my doubts back then. My friend, who referred me and used Choice One first, likewise has gotten the run-around and nothing yet on his modification either.
    Choice One is a poorly-run company with people who simply aren't capable, or don't care. I make this statement with boldness and clarity, because true professionals would never act the way they have. I highly recommend anyone reading this NOT hire them. BTW, my mortgage company offered to actually help me modify my mortgage. Guess I'll be working with them.

• Tt
      8th of Oct, 2009

Hey Loaner:
    Who said that Choice has no complaints filed against them? Bolony, myself and many others have filed with the Arizona atty gen office. My agent has actually hired a lawyer to represent all of his clients who are involved with Choice. I'll bet they aren't around long. "take the money and run" !!!

• Lo
      10th of Oct, 2009

Watch out for John madrous and Jason Hoe these two scumb bags ripped me off with a Loan reconstruction in which they say they fight the banks to lower your principal to todays Market. These dirtbags took my money and closed shop. $3500 down and $1450 for 3 months. These ###s swindeled about 30 people

• Ru
      13th of Oct, 2009

So far as I am concerned this company is either the worst managed and organized company I have ever dealt with or else they are theives...
    It appears to be the latter since they have $3, 500 of my money and I have nothing but a headache to show for it.
    Yes I should have known better, and now I do. Education is NOT cheap!

• Ru
      16th of Oct, 2009

They suck!

• Al
      30th of Oct, 2009

January of 2009 i paid Parsa Law Group over 3, 000 dollars to modify my home loan. To this point of time i am in the process of being thrown out of my home with my four children because they did not do anything to help me. There's no one available to answer the phones or emails. Please help me.!!

• Ms
      9th of Nov, 2009

Have you had any news or updates on my case it has been way over 4 months?

please let me know as soon as possible . I DONT WANT TO LOSE MY HOUSE I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU GUYS HAVE ASK ME TO DO"
    this is just one of my E-mals they have been playing ball with mejust bouncing me around, , Until i received a letter from my Banks attorney notifying me that, my house is facing Foreclosure .. So i finally contacted My Bank and now i have to try HAMP/MHA Gov- Program and wait 30 days before i fine out if my children and me are sleeping in the Streets for the Holidays..IF THEIR IS A DEPARTMENT WHERE I CAN FILE A CLAIM PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME...

8th of Dec, 2009

They are out of business now it appears. Too bad it took so long. Hopefully the a-holes go to prison for scamming so many people in need!

• Ir
      26th of Jan, 2010

I have the same complaint against The Loan Mod Store in Scottsdale. Signed a Contract in May 09 and last real update I received was in Nov 09, now I am being strung along so they don, t have to return my variable fees as per the contract. I filed a complaint with the States Attorney on 1/22/2010, and still waiting to hear from that. Has anyone else had a problem with the services provided, or lack thereof, from The Loan Mod Store in Scottsdale.

Irritated in Gilbert

• Us
      15th of Feb, 2010

I called Longordo Pasquale is a Loan Modification Company to let them know that we would like to keep our home. To make a long story short, they let us apply for their, "Home Affordable Modification Program". We were told that foreclosure proceedings have been placed on hold while our loan is under review for the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP). Mr. Longordo Pasquale the person handling our loan modication have requested for recent paystubs which I provided. In December we received a letter from www.modifyloanexperts.com requiring us to provide more documents for the loan modication and the deadline given was January 10, 2010. With all that said, it does not seem like we have a problem but on Dec 21, 2009 our house is showing as being sold to Bank Of America on the Aztec Foreclosure website under completed sales. I have emailed the www.modifyloanexperts.com but still have not heard from either one for the past 2 weeks. What a Scammers!!

• Gu
      20th of Feb, 2010

I just wanted to make everyone aware of this if you haven't already read this. Apparently Rob Robson a former Choice Loan Consulting co-hort has started a new company named Freedom Team Financial, this link will take to the blog; http://loanworkout.org/2010/01/freedom-team-financial-rob-robson/
    Rob Robson goes on to defent himself saying that he tried his hardest to help the customers of Choice and now his offers free advice if you want more he chares $500. After taking thousands of dollars he still has the galls to charge more. Unbelieable. Hey Rob if you really wanted to help return the money you stole...

Also for those interested since Choice closed their doors, Jeff Harpers last known address is:

4146 E. Page Ave.
    Gilbet, AZ 85234

They can ignore you all they want or lie all they want on the phone. In person it's a whole different story and I for one would like them to tell me to my face that they don't have my refund. I'll work on posting the rest of the croonies addresses as well.

1st of Mar, 2010

I paid $2, 000 to a loan mod company based in Miami for my mortgage, and its been 18 months and still nothing! You can simply write a letter to the bank yourself and you might results too without spending all that money. I have a friend that got a forensic loan audit like these guys http://www.loandoctorsfl.com and they used that to modify their loan WITHOUT the loan mod companies. I wish I did that.

Lorenzo

• In
      9th of Mar, 2010

I have a complaint with the Loan Mod Store in Scottsdale as well. Im thinking are doing the same thing to me and screwing me over! I signed a contract with them in June 2009. During the past months I've recieved a couple calls here about it being into contract and if they needed documents from the bank I sent them over. HOWEVER, come February 2010 I find out my house was placed into Foreclosure! The sell date in May. When I confronted The Loan Mod store especially there rep Susan, She told me this was a normal process. They stated they were going to set up a consoltation with me THAT STILL HAS NOT HAPPENED. I've called numerous times left phone messages, email and somehow "mysteriously" they never recieved the call. When I call out of a blocked number and they answered unsuspectedly (its usually Susan who answers the phone) has a snappy attitude like I am bothering her time! Im up to my ears with anger feeling that NO CUSTOMER SHOULD BE TREATED THIS WAY. She continously gives me the excuse that they've been on the phone soo soo long "all day" trying to "save other peoples homes" and don't have 10 minutes to talk to me about my options. I have had 3 rescheduled appointments and or phone conferences that IM STILL WAITING ON!!! Its poor customer service, they don't give you all the details, and they string you along for as long as they can!! Its terrible how these companies are taking advantage of us people who are just trying to survive. Its plain unjust. I myself am thinking about goin to file a complaint with the state attorney.

• Ri
      26th of Mar, 2010

We have the same complaint about The Loan Mod Store in Scottsdale, AZ. We definitely believe that they are scamming lots of people with all these "modification promises." My husband signed the contract June 2009 and they had promised us that it would only take between 30-120 business days, THAT WAS A LIE!!! Everytime we call, we get the run-around AND attitude from Susan Harke. She is real nasty RUDE when it comes to us calling her, oh her excuse ALL the time is that she was sick, getting her car fixed and other dumb excuses. Then she tries to turn things around and say we are the rude ones?!! AND when we want to talk to a "manager" they are out of the office because they are sick too or in a meeting. The only reason we are hanging in there is because we paid UPFRONT $2, 000- believing that they were honest people and that they would help us out. We have done EVERYTHING in our part to respond to them the few times they have called us. I think if we all get together, we can get someone to help us investigate this company and help us save our homes.

• Th
      15th of Jun, 2010

Join our Facebook page! People Against HAMP!!!

These lenders (Wells Fargo in particular) are taking advantage of the HAMP program by deceiving customers. They literally lie throughout the entire process so that they can make money off of your foreclosure. The mass media needs to get on this! This is fraud and it is happening to thousands of people nationwide! They put you on a "three month trial" they tell you to if you continue making the modified payments and submitting your paperwork you will be approved for the mod and done. Throughout several months to even years they string you along telling you to just keep making your payments and we will get you on the mod. They did this to us for 10 months, constantly losing our paperwork. They tell you their will be no fee's while you are on the program. What they fail to tell you or simply lie to you about as in our case is that after the 3 month trial period they put you back onto your original payment - while you are making modified payments that they tell you to make they are tacking fee's and penalty after penalty. You find out (in our case $40, 000 later) when you get the sudden foreclosure notice on your door that your loan has been penalized the whole time you were supposed to be on a modification. They then tell you you have been kicked off your modification and you have a few weeks to vacate your home, when it goes to auction. They auction your home at a fraction of the price owed and then are reimbursed for the remaining amount by the government. They then come after you for the back fee's and penalties after everything you have gone through. They are taking advantage and making money off foreclosure's, the more money they get out of the loan, the more money they make from the government. The gov. is encouraging and supporting this. This is pure, outright fraud by the people that are supposed to be protecting us! These lenders are pure criminal. Journalism excellence is the efforts that go towards helping the people, this is your job, to be the watch dog. This needs to stop!