Loan Modification — unhappy customer of Colombana's firm - Mortgage relief law center and its sub-agency
Unsatisfaction with Colombana's firm - Mortgage relief law center (MRL) and its sub-agency
Summary: I wrote a check of a full up-front fee to MRL, signed all paper with the firm's name on it 3 months plus ago. Now the written promise of 90 days has passed, but what the result is unclear, and refund is not honored, and all responsible people are not reachable. I tried to get the MRL revised the contract to make sure my wait time is not indefinite, but again their people of authority are not reachable. The whole 3 months plus, there was no lawyer talking to me. I recently learn that this is unethical.
MRL recently told me that they don't know that I've been lied to because the people I dealt with are only their sub-agency/partner. I do not find this argument solid, the whole process, I did not see anything that says this at the time of signing contract. I did not hear of it either. All paperwork point to a binding contract between me and MRL (Mr Colombana's law office), and my check was made out to the MRL too
Initially I feel this is only the problem with the sub-agency as they mispresented themself as employees of the lawyer, but further into it, I feel that Colombana's firm should be responsible for this:
** All the paper that I signed had Colombana name as the company that I signed up with.
** My check made out to Colombana's firm - the Relief Mortgage Center (paid full amount, up front). Not any place that said I was working with a sub agency. Another thing is that I haven't met or spoken to the lawyer once in the whole 3 months plus. I now learn that this is not ethical, should never have happened.
- Another disturbing pattern is this. As soon as I mentioned the promise written in the contract, I start to lose contact with the person I am contacting. It started out with the head of the sub agency, then the office manager at the Colombana's firm. The pattern is similar, the person said he would get back to me, and that point onward - the following 1 day, 2 days, and further, I can't longer get to this person. I either got answer machine or a clerk promise to relay my message. Last time when I could speak to comlombana's office manager, I mentioned that I maybe OK if they let me temporarily take back a part of the fee, and then later on I can pay them back when they are done. That way I can ensure that they motivated to work on my case. It has been days since. I am now trying to reach Mr Colomban himself. I placed 2 calls, and lelf messages for Mr Colomban. Waiting for him the whole afternoon now. why can't they get back to me? Are they too busy after taking the complete fee?
- I am unhappy with the way this was setup, the run around, and no clear person of responsibility. It took away too much of my time in calling different people, and waiting for responses, convincing people... I feel that this is a rip off deal because I paid good money and I still have to keep on calling, contacting, just full of uncertainty. If I knew this, I would just do the loan mod myself, why bother hire a professional team.
The whole first 3 months I got 1 single phone call initiated by an MRL clerk, for my updated financial statement which I sent them the next day. Other than that all phone conversations were initiated by me. I am not happy about this either.
I do not understand is why does the Colombana firm does not know about this misrepresentation? Why didn't they have any form to ask me for acknowledgement that I know I work with their sub-agency/ middle man?
More Loan Modification Complaints & Reviews
- Loan Modification - Scam 
- Loan Modification - Scams 
- Loan Modification - ripped off and mislead 
- Loan Modification - scam money 
- Loan Modification - Ignored 
- Loan Modification - Loan Modification Lies
- Loan Modification - 18 Months of loan modification hell! 
- Loan Modification - NOT a Trustworthy Company 
- Loan Modification - Paid for Services Never Received
- Loan Modification - unreasonable mod refusal reason