Loan Modification / Scams

1 65 Enterprise Suite 45Aliso Viejo, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18886707370

WHERE DO I START ????? About a year ago my husband and I were trying to figure out how we were going to continue making our house payments. We have been managing them as much as we could. We saw an ad for Lucas Law Center and thought maybe this was the answer we were looking for. I spoke to Justin Springer and he assured us that this was the way to go. That they were not one of those scams that you could get caught up in spending 1200.00 and get nothing out of it and lose your money. They were a bit more pricey because they were attorneys. We paid a lot for our service. Much more than I read on any other complaints. We were informed that we should not contact our mortgage company because if we worked something out with the mortgage company then it might affect the loan that they could get. So we backed off completely and just let them do the work. Justin Springer also wanted to make sure they got paid so he recommended for me to pay him so they get their money instead of paying the mortgage company because it would all be just added into the loan and not to worry about it.

Every few weeks I would try to call to see if there was any progress and Frank Sullivan would say that no news is good news. So I thought maybe that things were okay. We continued to get calls from the mortgage company but I would avoid them because I didn't want to tamper what Lucas Law Center was going to do for me.

Finally I got a letter from the mortgage company and it said that the modification was denied. I called Frank Sullivan and told him that i got that letter and he said he didnt know why i would get that because nothing has changed. He just let it go. Then a few more months passed and our homes were in foreclosure. I called them to ask what was going on. He said that he still hadn't heard anything. The next day they called me and said that they were not able to get the loans modified. He asked what I wanted to do. He could send a check or we could try and at least modify the loan on the house we were living in and do a shortsale on the house. I told him I would like to set up a meeting with him. I did and we drove down there to meet him. I sent him an email and called and left a message the morning that I was meeting with him so he would have no excuse to why he didnt know about the meeting. We showed up and he was suddenly in another unscheduled meeting and that we could meet with someone else if we wanted. I said NO! We drove down here to meet with FRANK. Frank came in the room in his sweat suit. We discussed the issues and said that he would start to set up the shortsale on one of the houses and continue trying to get the modification on the other. I asked him if he could do this before selling the home he said yes. So i was okay with that. He also claimed that he would schedule weekly meetings with me on the phone to keep me posted on what was going on with the loan.

I called every Friday at 2 o'clock as we scheduled and never was able to get a hold of him. I left messages every time I called and somehow he never got around to calling me. Finally I was really upset and called and called and called until the operator gave me someone to talk to. Then about 10 minutes later Frank called me back. He said that he was busy and that he tried to call the urgent calls back.

I'm not urgent though even though i have two houses in foreclosure and one with a sale date. Frank Sullivan never followed though with anything that he claimed he was going to. He NEVER set up short sale, he NEVER set up cash for keys, he NEVER was able to get our loans modified. ITS A SCAM FOR YOUR CASH! He was supposed to set up cash for keys and I never heard anything from them. Stay clear of Paul Lucas, Justin Springer, and Frank Sullivan.

I am currently trying to take care of things on my own. I have my rental property up for sale and the house I am living in has a sale date in less than a week. I am sad and flustered that I have been put into this situation and I have no one to thank except LUCAS LAW CENTER. So thanks Luke, Franky and Justo!

Be aware of their traps. They will tell you if you talk to your mortgage company it may tamper what they are doing and you wont get any money back if you do that. So they will just sit on your case. Then when the time comes and you can wait any longer you may not get your refund. Its a catch 22. So do nothing and lose your house. Do something and they wont refund your money.

I

Ja

Comments

11th of Mar, 2009

Friendly Financial services has helped numerous clients facing the prospect of foreclosure. Please call 866-386-2444 for a free consultation to see if we can help you. Please visit our website as well http://www.friendlyfinancialservices.com

and our BBB rating

• Er
      25th of Mar, 2009

LOAN MODIFICATION SCAMS AND RIPOFFS CLASS ACTION

Have you been ripped off by a loan modification company? Were you scammed, lied to or defrauded by a loan modification company? Our law firm is fighting illegal and non-compliant loan modification companies and seeking injunctions to stop them from continuing their illegal activities and also seek money damages to make you whole. Call us for a free initial consultation.

Here are some of the loan modification scams we are seeing. If you have been a victim of any of these activities please contact us for a free consultation. We will look up the loan modification company and see if they are properly licensed to engage in the loan modification business. In addition, we will scrutinize their activities to see if they were negligent in performing loan modification services.

(1) Non-compliant company loan modification scam: In order to perform loan modifications in California a Broker is required. The California Department of Real Estate ("DRE") has declared loan modifications to be a licensed activity. As such, a Broker's license is required and any salesperson working under the Broker must also be licensed. In addition, loan modification marketing, solicitation, processing and negotiation has also been determined to be licensed activity by the DRE. We will investigate your company to see if they are properly licensed. If not, we will seem an injunction preventing them from engaging in the loan modification business and seek to prevent future loan mod scams by the unlicensed or non-compliant entity. Note: If the Broker accepts an advance fee (charges you a fee for the service) they are required to have a loan modification contract that has received a letter of non-objection from the DRE. There are only a limited number of companies with an approved advance fee agreement (we will investigate this).

(2) Attorney-backed / Attorney-based loan modification scam: This is the new flavor of the day in loan modification scams. Attorneys are lending their names and credentials to a loan modification company (which may either be properly licensed or not). The Client thinks they are hiring a lawyer and that they have put their foreclosure issue in the hands of a qualified attorney. In many cases, the Attorney either does not exist, or merely lended the broker the use of the name, address, and merchant credit card account so that the broker can bring in loan modification business by holding itself our as a legal entity of sorts. Both the California State Bar and the DRE have tried to warn both brokers and attorneys about this very questionable conduct that raises issues over attorney fee splitting, partnerships with non-attorneys, circumvention of the California Foreclosure law, and violation of the Attorney-Client relationship. Be very careful when thinking about going with an "attorney based" or "attorney backed" firm. Ask yourself why you wouldn't just go straight to an attorney.

(3) Take the money and run loan modification scam: With the Internet any scam artist can hold itself out as a real company. We are seeing more and more loan modification companies that appear to be operating covertly, in violation of State licensing requirements, and these companies may even be offshore. Do not contract with any company if you cannot verify their physical address and telephone number. Once you give them your money you may not see or hear from them again. Even if you receive a mailer piece from a company that looks to be a legitimate loan modification company, proceed with caution and prudence. If you have been scammed or ripped off by such a company please contact us immediately.

(4) False promises loan modification scam: Did your broker or attorney-backed/attorney-based company promise you something they did not deliver (ex. principal loan reduction, guaranteed loan modification, 100% money-back-guarantee, etc.) and fail to deliver? If so, they may have either ripped you off (fraud, deceit) and/or failed to properly process your loan modification (professional negligence). Many loan modification companies will hold themselves out as "loan modification experts" or "loan modification specialists" even though this business is fairly new and even though the loan modification company may have had no special sill, training or experience in this field.

(5) The loan audit that never happened loan modification: Many brokers and attorney-backed companies are representing that they will get your loan modification processed faster and more efficiently and get you a better loan modification because they will have a "loan audit specialist" or attorney or law firm conduct a forensic loan audit. We have seen many cases where either no loan audit is performed or a lousy one paragraph summary is provided that makes it questionable whether or not the loan audit was ever performed. Especially in regard to Option ARM loans and NEGAM loans we would expect a more thorough loan analysis.

This is just a short list of the types of loan modification scams, frauds, rippoffs and negligence we are investigating on behalf of our homeowner clients. If you feel you have been lied to, cheated, ripped-off, abused or neglected by your loan modification company, please contact us.

We are a law firm licensed to practice law in California. We will provide you a free initial consultation, and if your case qualifies (most do) then we will take your case on contingency and seek money damages and attorney fees caused by the loan mod scam artist.

This is an advertisement and communication pursuant to State bar rules. We only seek to represent California homeowners with this service. This article is not legal advice or intended to serve as legal advice. No attorney client relationship is created by sending us an email or phone call.

Contact Us:
    www.lawsclg.com
    emorris@lawsclg.com

• Di
      14th of Dec, 2009

Please check out the firm of Friendly Financial Services LLC backed by attorney Robert V. Rosenwasser out of Miami Florida. I checked the bar association and the attorney is legit, not sure if FFS is his company or not. They ask about $1800 to help modify a persons loan.

• Ib
      29th of Mar, 2010

anyone know anything about Friendly Financial Services, LLC ?

• Am
      6th of Apr, 2010

I'm also in need of any information about Friendly Financial Services as well. Good? Bad? Help!

• Da
      27th of Aug, 2010

IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK FROM FRIENDLY FINANCIAL SERVICES. THEY RIPED ME OFF. AM A DISABLE VET, THOUGHT THEY WOULD HELP ME. CALLED TODAY, THEY MENTION THAT THEY SENT MESSAGES TO MY EMAIL. RECIEVED NOTHING FROM THEM. THEY WENT FROM A B WITH THE BBB TO AN F . KNOW SOMETHING IS GOING ON WITH THEM. SENT THEM 2100 DOLLARS. THEY SAID IF THEY COULD NOT GET ME A LOAN MODIFICATION THAT I WOULD GET MY MONEY BACK. HOG WASH!! THAT IS HARD EARN MONEY IS THIS DAY AN AGE. IS THERE SOME KIND OF GROUP TO JOIN FOR PEOPLE LIKE THIS. IF YOU KNOW MY EMAIL IS MDSI@DURACOM.NET. WONDER HOW MANY OTHER PEOPLE THEY RIPED OFF. DAVE