Loan Discovery Sa / stealing

South Africa Review updated:

i checked my bank account today just to find that they have taken R399 off my bank account without my permission. the rendered no service to me at all. they are refusing to refund me and the lady at the customer care call centre screamed "JESUS CHRIST" in my ear when i told her that this is unacceptable. i waNT my money back as i never gave them permission to take it from me. they had no right. i also want these scammers to be closed down as im not the only person they have stolen from. please send me a fax number then i can send you my bank statement

Comments

• Wa
      27th of May, 2012

the same thing almost happened to me. I just got an sms to say that a debit order had been returned as unpaid for Loans Discovery Sa... I dnt even know who they are or what services they render but apparently i gave them permission to render some service for which they are now demanding R399 rand.. who are these people and how do i stop them?

• Le
      29th of May, 2012

Good day (Leticia Campbell)
    I also got an sms on the 28 Mei 2012 to say that my debit order also had been return and that i need to pay them in 48 hours if i dnt they will hand me over to there LEGAL DEPARTMENT my ID nr was wrong and there was no debit order amount and i never received any loan money from them. I went to my bank and check bank statements but there is no deductions or return debit order on my account. I dnt even now this people or company. WE MUST STOP THIS!!!

• Cl
      1st of Jun, 2012

I totally agree with you guys, same thing happened to me. How do you go about stopping these people though and they so freakin arrogant!

• Un
      14th of Nov, 2012

Once again I have recieved a ridiculous automated response from these crooks and once again they are still not answering their telephones. It is clear that I applied for a loan with them and now I am being coerced into paying legal advise fees which I at no point requested. This company makes a living from binding unsuspecting citizens into so called legal services by applying for a loan (FISRTLY THE COMPANY NAME IS MISLEADING). They cover up their dishonest and unethical behaivour through beauracracy and contracts. I DID NOT TAKE THE LOAN AND I DID NOT REQUEST LEGAL SERVICES YET I'M BEING FORCED TO PAY. And they choose not to respond on hello.peter because they dont care about our complaints and know that they are cheating people out of their hard earned money. THESE CRIMINALS NEED TO BE STOPPED BEFORE THEY CHEAT MORE CITIZENS OF THEIR MONEY. SIES!!! DISCOVERY LOAN SA ARE CROOKS!!! I HAVE ENGAGED THE OMBUDSMAN ON THIS MATTER AND TRUST THEY WILL BE DEALT WITH, FURTHERMORE I WILL WRITE TO MEDIA HOUSES TO WARN CITIZENS AGAINST THIS CRIMINAL COMPANY!!!

7th of Jan, 2013

I phoned there call center and made enquiries regarding a loan because their online application requires banking details. The call centre agent could not give a reason but I was desperate and submitted a application online about 2months ago. They then emailed me application forms and said i should pay R399-00 before they would process my application. I would not have borrowed money if I had so i did not continue with the application. They sms me today with my ID number displayed and told me my debit order has been sent back and they will proceed to their legal dept. Not knowing who the sms came from I called the number and they said because i didnt cancel the loan or inform them that i didnt want it I am responsible for the amnt outstanding. This is daylight robbery and I am disgusted how the poor and desperate are being exploited in this country.

• Sh
      4th of Mar, 2013

LOAN DISCOVERY SA --- crooks!!!

• Pr
      29th of Mar, 2013

I dont realy understand how this works. but my question is, are this complaints actualy going to the people who will help or we just exchanging complaints between each other?
    Is Discovery Loans SA connected with the company, Discovery? if so we need to go to any Discovery offices and lodge our complaints perhaps the'll help or or atleast direct us to this scammers...oh ja, I also happen to be one of the victims, WE NEED TO PUT MORE EFFORT TO STOP WHAT THIS GUYS ARE DOING, PROFITING FROM SCAMMING PEOPLE.

• Jv
      29th of Apr, 2013

I was surfing the net for a loan. I completed some applications on line but never took them further. To my surprise on the 25th my bank account has been debited twice with the amount of R399.00. Who is L discovery - I never signed any documents or accepted any offers made to me.

I request that my account be credited with the unauthorised deduction.

Since when does a company charge you for applying for a loan? Is this not against the NCR Regulations?

• In
      29th of May, 2013

Loan discovery het geld uit me rekening gesteel R399.00 net om dat ek wou aansoek doen vir lening!!! Discovery is die GOOTSTE SKELM op aarde
    Ina van Deventer
    En al is daar hoeveel complains niemand gaan iets daar aan doen nie of wat
    R399.00 is baie geld dit is 'n tiende van my salaris??????

• Ho
      13th of Jun, 2013

Ek gaan iets doen, iets baie drasties, hou die nasionale koerante dop, dis n groter tragedie as Oscar Pretorius se geval.

• Ri
      4th of Apr, 2014

They have done the sa, e to me. I am going to lodge a fraud charge against them. I alos want FNB to show me the proof of authorisation for them to process this payment.

• Tu
      24th of Apr, 2014

They did the same to me, we need to take a stand this has gone too far, a lot of people have been complaining about these ###.

• St
      16th of Sep, 2014

Loan Discovery het my ge sue vir R574 n bank nr wat ek twee jaar trug toe gemaak het is gebruik 12/2/2014
    11. You furthermore consented to Attorney And Client Costs, which at this moment amounts to:

Taking Instructions R114.00
    Letter of Demand R36.48
    TOTAL R150.48

It is furthermore our instruction to to demand from you, as we hereby do, immediate payment of the sum of R399.00 (due to our client), which bring the total outstanding to R549.48.

Unless the total amount of R 549.48 is paid to our offices within 10 (TEN) DAYS from date of this letter, legal action will follow, which will results in further legal cost and collection commision.

Please note that all payments are to be made to our offices at 49 Fairbairn street, Worcester, 6850, alternatively in our trust account with the following details:

Bank. FIRST NATIONAL BANK

PER FP SLABBER
    ek het eers internet op gesit 30/3/2014
    to Esterhuyze
    Good morning
    I do not have a bank account with nedbank my account has been closed for 2 years now . Where did they get my infomation from because i did not apply for it . fix this problem or i will take this matter further.

IN RE: LOAN DISCOVERY // YOURSELF

We have been instructed by our client, LOAN DISCOVERY to adress this letter to you.

It is our instructions that:

1. You submitted an application for our clients’ 2 in 1 service package online via our client’s website, which includes telephonic legal advice assistance plan as well as a complimentary loan finding service. By submitting the application, you confirmed that you have read and agreed to our client’s terms and conditions. The terms and conditions, which is in plain and understandable language makes it very clear that the amount of R399-00 will immediately become due and payable should your application for our client’s services be accepted.

• Kh
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Loan Detector - Deducting money into my account
    Johannesburg
    South Africa
    ldsa.co.za

These fraudstes deducted R399 into my account for what i dont know i had applied a loan with them online but i didn't/never received the money but now they debiting money into my account im taking legal actions towards them