Lloyd Manor / Rude Cashier/in need of training

1 610 University AvenueToronto, Ontario, Canada

Sunday August 16/2015 1:50PM. I frequent this location often without any prior issues. This time I walked in and was greeted by a staff member who was very helpful made recommendations and helped me find everything in less than 5min-great! Then I proceeded to pay. One cashier had a sign up that she was closing. People were very patient however, the cashier Stephania was incompetent. She had difficulty with a cash transaction, the customer ahead of me had to help her count out money (twice). She became very embarrassed which led to her sullen abusive attitude toward the remaining customers. I tried to help with my order by placing items in a box at which point she said in a loud voice that she does not appreciate me doing that, and that she does not appreciate my attitude. The cashier saw that I was trying to expedite my transaction then started to work especially slow, by scanning each individual cooler bottle. The line then turned into at least 8 people. Two more cashiers had to open to serve the waiting customers. After I paid, she pushed the box at me, which I caught otherwise it would have slid off the counter. Her comment: "Too bad it didn't fall". I have worked in retail and in management for 30 years, this is the first time that I have experienced such blatant rude behaviour all because she was embarrassed of her own mistakes. I highly recommend this cashier attend customer service training, as well as cashier training. There are/will be customers who make cash payments and learning simple math skills is essential.

Re