Liz Claiborne / Unreliable sizes

After wearing Liz clothes for many years, I'll offer a thought as to one reason why their products are falling out of favor.

My size medium purchases today [2 henley tops] will have to be exchanged for at least larges and i haven't gained a pound. Liz sizes have always been _v. Reliable_ and this is annoying; especially for those of us who do considerable catalog shopping.

Try on those fall/winter clothes!

More Liz Claiborne Complaints & Reviews

Plus Liz Claiborne - spam

A  18th of Aug, 2007 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Although I agree with the OP that sizing is unreliable, this fact applies to virtually ALL clothing brands. Sizing is notoriously unreliable for both clothing and shoes, and one can't rely just on numbers alone. It is one of the hazards of online/catalog/mail order shopping. Sometimes you have to return things. I can't believe the OP took the time to post this "complaint." It sounds like she is just disgruntled because she now wears size Large instead of a Medium. It could have just been the style she picked (the OP didn't elaborate; was it a classic fit or a more modern fitted style?). Alot of clothing companies are scaling their sizes larger (for example, a size 6 now was actually a size 10 years ago) to make customers feel better. The OP's experience doesn't seem to fit this trend, so I am guessing the style she purchased happened to have a more trim cut. I am always buying things and sending them back, especially since I wear hard-to-find sizes (2 petite/xs, and size 5-5.5 shoe), and it goes with the territory. I suggest using the companies that have free returns, those are the best!
N  3rd of Aug, 2010 by
I wear my Liz Claiborne shoes 5 times and inner lining started to come off, If this the quality I bought by paying all that I am not going to do it again.
N  10th of Dec, 2010 by

Liz Claiborne - Betty Stokes
Fancy Gap Dress Shop
North Carolina

My sister-in-law bought a navy Liz Claiborne coat at Fancy Gap Dress Shop in Fancy Gap, VA. The red lining fades onto whatever she is wearing under the coat. She is very disappointed
in the coat.
N  25th of Sep, 2012 by
Dear Liz Claiborne Executive Team,

May I suggest that all the recent complaints about your company's once great products are due to one reason? The products are no longer made here. Hence, the poor quality. I beseech you to consider producing your products again here in the US. Your customers will come back in droves and you will establish your company as a beacon of Made in USA value and quality. Liz Claiborne was once a huge success, a Wall Street darling and a Fortune 500 company before its recent financial troubles. The company can be a huge success again if the clothes and accessories are again made in the USA. It is a simple solution to a seemingly complicated problem. It is not. Sometimes, the solutions to our problems really are that simple. I thank you for your time and attention to this important matter.
N  28th of Oct, 2013 by
purse used for 3 months, looks aweful. black color has rubbed off and looks ratty. i paid over $100 for this purse !