Living Room Lifestyle Limited / Wrong specifications, bad quality product!

India Review updated:
I purchased two bedroom sets from Living Room Lifestyle limited .This is a Mumbai based company with Head office in Mahim and a retail outlet in Mulund. Where as the salesman Ismail seemed like a fellow who knew his stuff, it turned out that his humility and slickness were just a veneer to dupe unsuspecting customers.

For one, I was promised the delivery by 27th February, but the furniture never arrived till the first of March 08. This after they had been categorically told that they were getting the order coz I needed the furniture on a particular date. The follow ups required to get the furniture are yet another saga.

When it arrived, the specifications of dressers were all wrong. This after Mr Ismail had been physically shown the piece to be copied and all measurements given. Compounding wrong specs was the fact that the dresser drawer had big gaps between each other and looked more like ladders and less like drawers. Ditto for cupboards which refused to lock. I am not even sure of the wood quality as it seems the furniture is not painted but has veneer paper stuck on it. One can see the shriveling already!

When you call up to complain, the sales man is never available, the store manager Shadab is rude and the entire blame for substandard quality and poor service is passed on to you. When you ask to speak to the person in charge of the living room operation, you are told that he stays out of country and is hence incommunicado.

Mumbai people - beware. Never purchase anything from Living Room lifestyle limited.
Vi

Comments

Ni
  20th of Jul, 2008
recently i have purchased Sofa Cumbed from ur Kandivali Vmall store, I got an TV trolley at an scheme at rs.800/-, but when the material arrived the TV trolley was in Damaged condition, the Store manager julius promised to deliver thesame next day, when i spoke to him next day, he said may comeon after 2 days or on sataurday. Since it is free i need not worry it ia an free item it will come, I was shocked at the way ur store managers speak and he was like doing a favour on me for giving a free tv cabinet. Request the concerned management at Living room to take note of the same and pls. repalce the faulty cabinet with a new one at the earliest, thanks Nitesh
Cr
  27th of May, 2011

Living Room Lifestyle Limited - delivery
Living room lifestyle limited
India

I purchased a wall unit from Living Room in Mahim. Mr.Jayendra was the sales executive. I got the delivery on wednesday 25th MAy 2011 but the glass doors werent sent. The delivery boy said that it would be done. Later on when i called him he wasnt available and on wednesday evening when i spoke to him he said he would sent it by thursday (26th May).
On thursday when i called him, he wasnt available the phone opeartor said he went for a funeral.
Friday 27th May 2011 when i called him in the morning I was told he is gone for measurement and will be back by 3pm. Again when i called him at 3pm we were informed that he had gone to the factory and will be back in 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, when we called it was informed by the operator that he is not there. And when I asked her whether she passed the message and what was the response, she said she had passed the message but she doesnt know what he replied and we should only ask him for the same. At that point he came on the phone, he said that he was there only. I questioned about the glasses and why so much delay, he said, if u want u go ahead and complain, we will send the glasses after the complain, and that they will delay it.
If I do not get it by 8.30 pm, you can take the wall unit and the sofa back and return my money back. And if you dont do this, I will file a complaint in the consumer forum.