Living media Limited / Site http://indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm for claiming free gifts does not open or is non existent

India Review updated:
4.25

As advertised by the Company I purchased on line Britannia Encyclopedia Britannica and a series of CDS titled 'SAAZ'. The company offered great gifts worth some Rs.5400/-. The site does not open. The for India today book club site does not have a link to open up a site for claiming free gift.

When telephoned i was told the Unique Number allotted to me for claiming the offer has not yet been activated, bot this will be done by saturday the 13th Sept 2008.

I tried to locate the site with a view to long on on 14th, 15th and on 16th Sept.

This is the reason for complaint.

Comments

Co
  18th of Sep, 2008
Ke
  26th of Sep, 2008
Dear sir,
I cant open your site which you have mentioned in your letter for claming the free gifts
Jo
  27th of Sep, 2008
Dear Sir.

Pr
  29th of Sep, 2008
Please for god sake don't open and don't place order.

I have placed order 3 months back. I am yet to receive the parcel. But money has been deducted from my Credit card.

No use calling 01140502424.

Shame on India Today to have such offers and Cheat Customer.

My ITBC No:08496380
Order No 0GA080012138
Gh
  30th of Sep, 2008
The site for offers does not open to claim my Free Gift.
Ma
  30th of Sep, 2008
after recieving ur letter when i opend your site its not opening. why you give such wedsite which wont open.
Vi
  2nd of Oct, 2008
My membership No.is ITBC08393681 Invoice No. ORA 08006550 Please let me know the fate of my free gifts promised to be offered. yours viswnathan.
Vi
  2nd of Oct, 2008
my unique No. is 162368125A080065550
Sh
  3rd of Oct, 2008
Firstly i have not provided the material for which i asked for.Secondly after providing the first order no which i received through e-mail despite of repeted inquires through e-mail no response . Thirdly telephone no of cheaters book club is not responding . fourthly the web site provided for free gift is not opening.
As
  4th of Oct, 2008
I cant open your site which you have mentioned in your letter for claming the free gift.

Shame on India Today to have such offers and cheat customer.
As
  4th of Oct, 2008
Firstly, the parcel was supplied after unusual delay. Thereafter, the website for claiming the free gift which was part of the contract to purchase Saaz CDs, does not open in-spite of trying on different occasions on different dates.
No one picks the telephone No. of the Customer Care and it is always on auto mode, that too it is defective as it does not record the request of the customers properly.
Hence, it tentamounts to misrepresentation, fraud and cheating on the part of India Today with its customers, apart from constituting Deficiencies in their services.
Please treat this as a legal notice and immediately rectify the defect in receipt of free gift with in 10 days from receipt of this mail, failing which I shall be constrained to initiate appropriate legal proceeding against the Company including Complaint to the District Consumer Forum.
Gu
  5th of Oct, 2008
I tried to open the web site http//offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/greatoffers.htm
as shown in your letter sent along with the SAAZ cd's to
claim free gifts but I was not able to open the same.
Please let me know why it was not opened by email
to me.
Gurumurthy Sadhu.
Ma
  6th of Oct, 2008
I have met the same fate while trying to open

Shame on India Today to have such offers and cheat customer.
Membership No. :ITBC08395497
St
  7th of Oct, 2008
Dear Sir
Thank you very much for sending me the CDs as promised. though there was a problem in claiming the free gift by logging on to the site finally it was solved and i have furnised the details to claim the gifts. but i would like to know whether i could change my choice of gifts!
Su
  9th of Oct, 2008
These people are just cheats and they do not care about their customers.They do not even read the complaints their customers are making. They are Shame on India.
Ni
  9th of Oct, 2008
Guyz,
All here, Sorry but I'm able to open the site, the same you all have mentioned.

If you people are not able, You may check out calling below no. or send mail.
011-40502424 or email at feedback@indiatodaybookclub.com.
Mu
  10th of Oct, 2008
Unique code NO.194382315A080089381
Membership No. ITBC08603823
Invoice No. ORA080089381
Dr
  11th of Oct, 2008
as shown in your letter sent along with the SAAZ cd's to
claim free gifts but I was not able to open the same.
Please let me know why it was not opened by email
to me.
Av
  16th of Oct, 2008
the site mentioned in the letter(http:offers.indiatodaybookclub.com/bag) does not exist then i don't understand how to claim by free adidas bag and as i recieved two offers do am i entitled for two free bags? nobody's helping in this matter and does these offers mean some kind of a joke? I've wasted a considerable time to locate the mentioned site and the bookclub site do not have any "offers" part in its page.I request the india today book club not to humiliate the people in such a horrible way!
Bi
  20th of Oct, 2008
I did as said in the letter but have not received any gift, but received new offers.