Living Lean/WuYi Source Tea / cancelled tea and company keeps billing me

1 Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-396-5711

This company is not to be believed. They keep billing me for their tea. I ordered it on a trial basis and paid $6.95 on 3/21/08 and shortly after cancelled my membership. They have billed me since then:
4/14/2008 for $29.95, 4/21/2008 for $19.95 and on 6/18/08 for $19.95. I called them today and talked to two different people at two different numbers and needless to say got very upset with them.
After complaining and speaking to them for about 20 minutes or so they said they would credit me for the last charge of $19.95 and gave me a confirmation #. I somehow don't believe them and will be calling my bank and also checking back with them if i'm not credited. Very upset that I got scammed.
I would like to know how I could possibly get back the $69.85 they have charged me on my debit card.

Comments

• Ei
      24th of Jun, 2008

I also was scamed by Wu-Yi tea. I believe they are associated with Life Schript and Living Lean, I had to change my card through my bank and I plan to call the Senator and Governor of Forida and call our local Tv station. I e-mail at least 25 people and told them to be aware of this scam. Maybe we all should file a suit against WuYi for givng out our credit card number to other merchandisers or letting them have access to to our credit cards. I am so upset!!! Anyone that has been scamed by this company should gather all complaints and sue them since we did not give them premsisson. What do you think.

24th of Jun, 2008

please help me also...im also a victim of wuyi tea and living lean.I need to refund everything...i paid them so much already..but i cannot change my credit card number since my husband will get mad at me..what help can you extend to me...i keep receiving bills from living lean and chopping essence..for nothing...i dont have there product...please help me to sui them..
    I am fron the philippines and im having a hard time ..or i dont know how to access them..

please help me..as soon as possible..
    thank you so much and hoping for positive result in this matter.

• Pa
      28th of Jun, 2008

Wu-Yi Tea Source tried to scam me too but I did get my money back. I denied the charges thru my C.C. co. & money was returned w/an apology & return instuctions.They also gave me the # to Living Lean to cancel my "subscription" (which I did not know I had) and told me that it was their "bonus offer" company. All of which made no sense to me and absolutely WAS NOT made aware of at the time of purchase. I strongly agree that there should be a class action suit against them. I would like to be reimbursed for all the time I have spent to get this crap off of my desk!

• Ta

7. Contacting Better Business Bureau - (702) 320-4500

Will provide updates

• Sw
      8th of Aug, 2008

People this is my fate, Wuyi tea are selling deceptively.

15.60 ------------------- 11/06/08

13.60 -----------------------25/05/08
    .66---------------------------- 23/05/08 lean living
    1.06 ------------------------- 21/05/08
    30/06/08 00:59
    Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Ricky'
    you: Hi Ricky
    Ricky: Hello, how may I assist you?
    you: My name is Ivy
    you: i ordered tea from your company in May 2008
    you: how can i trust your company again
    you: Ivy Byaruhanga
    you: byaruhangaivy@yahoo.co.uk
    Ricky: Ok, please provide me a minute, while I locate your transaction.
    Ricky: We have charged $26.95 on May 19, 2008, for the shipping and handling.
    Ricky: $ 29.95 on Jun 09, 2008 for the product, you already received as trial.
    Ricky: $ 34.90 on Jun 23, 2008 and sent you 3 months supply to you.
    Ricky: And, $29.95 on Aug 23, 2008
    you: I have never got any 3 months supply
    you: i have only received one months supply
    Ricky: Here is the tracking for your shipment 1Z59663F6700970376.
    Ricky: You can use the above Tracking ID to track your order at www.ups.com
    Ricky: For Canadian customers, please check it on www.canadapost.ca
    you: yes i have also talked to lean living a few minutes ago
    you: they too charged me £18 for $19.50
    you: They insist on only repaying $19.50 instead of my £18.
    Ricky: You have been charged $19.95 for Living Lean.
    Ricky: Please call them on the given number.
    Ricky: Sorry for the inconvenience, But, We have clearly mentioned everything in our terms and conditions that who order Wu-Yi Tea automatically get enrolled in the LivingLean program as well.
    Ricky: So.For cancellation of living lean, Every one has to make their call separately at 1- 866-396-5711. Where They will be assisted by a Living Lean representative.
    you: Can you kindly, cancel my membership with you too.
    you: because, as much as i love the tea, my children wont continue to go hungry as my accounts arent in my control
    Ricky: You have been removed from the auto ship program and you will not be receiving any further shipments.
    Ricky:
    Ricky: As per the Terms and Conditions which you indicated that you had read and agreed to before placing your initial order, you have been charged the first of three discounted monthly installments of $29.95 + a one-time shipping fee of $4.95 (totaling $34.90) for the three month supply of premium slimming tea which has been sent to you. You will be charged the final two installments, once each month, which you will see on your next two monthly Credit Card statements as just $29.95, and then nothing after that. Again, I have successfully cancelled all future shipments on your account.
    Ricky: Your cancellation number is:
    Ricky: 14704511-05574367-1643
    Ricky: And, if you would like to cancel YOUR Living Lean subscription that was made by our bonus offer company Living Lean, you can contact them at 1-866-396-5711 (They are available 9 AM to 5 PM MST). Living Lean is a motivational coaching membership in which you had a 30 day free trial.
    you: Let the last transaction be the last
    you: if the cost is $29.95 then what are the £15 and £13 charges about from your company
    you: if the payment you took was for the 3 months shipment, then i dont need anymore
    Ricky: You can check the currency convery at your currency at this link : www.xe.com
    you: you said that i should expect to be charged the final two nstalments, what for, its clear that i have already been charged
    you: Please, dont force me to return the tea and now seek a refund with your guarantee
    you: i was never told that there is a minimum number of months to purchase the tea before cancellation
    Ricky: If we will receive the unused portion of the tea back to us before Jul 23, 2008 then you will not be charged for next 2 installments and we’ll refund you for the first installment. i.e. $29.95. Shipping charges are not refundable as it’s clearly stated in our terms & conditions.
    you: i dont have the time to hassle with your company over what charges are what. All i want is to clearly and surely settle this in a friendly manner other than your company doing exactly what it is known for.
    you: I have read several reviews only i did it later rather than before
    Ricky: Just a moment please
    you: i am a poor person wanting nothing more to do with your company
    Ricky: Please send the unused portion of the tea back to us and you will be refund.
    you: please, dont oblige me to instigate legal proceedings that will cost you more than the $60 you want to take from my account
    you: i cant spend money on shipping goods that i havent even yet recieved
    Ricky: No need to worry, after 2 and final installment you will not be charged for any further shipment.
    you: all am saying, enough is enough. i dont need any further two installment payments.
    Ricky: Then please send the unused portion of the tea back to us and you will be refunded.
    you: This whole conversation has started to seem patronising, if you dont want me to worry, pay for the two extra installments
    you: byaruhangaivy@yahoo.co.uk
    you: Ivy Byaruhanga
    you: Am sorry but i know my rights well amd am sure you also know that these packs of tea are not the point here
    you: i have not received the batche of tea u are talking about therefore cant be responsible for it. I have no more money to pay your companyRicky: I am having your product(s) express to you since the original order was undoubtedly lost in transport. This will come at no additional cost to you. You can expect arrival of this shipment in 2-3 business days. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me back. UPS will email you a tracking number 24 hours after your order has been shipped.
    you: i do not want any more of your products.
    you: I dont know how best we can understand each other
    Ricky: Ok.
    Ricky: We have refunded your money, your credit will back within 7-10 business days to your account.
    you: I have recorded this whole convesation for legal purpose, if i do not recieve my refund as promised in 7 working days maximum, i will have no alternative but broadcast it over the internet in reviews about your company and your tea.
    you: I will also forward copies to the cnn, an oprah show that your company boasts support your tea
    Ricky: No need to worry, your credit will back within 7-10 business days to your account.
    Ricky: I hope I was of assistance to you. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    you: How much money do you intend on refunding
    you: lets be specific here for i do not intend to bother anyone else
    Ricky: You have been refunded $29.95 + $29.95.
    Ricky: You have been refunded $34.90** + $29.95
    you: ok, i will be waiting and hope for both our sakes it doesnt end up into a legal battle.
    Ricky: Thank you very much for chatting with us today. We hope the rest of your day is an excellent one.
    Ricky: Please feel free to come back, for any further assistance. As our live chat assistance is available 24 X 7.
    you: Thank you for your assistance
    Ricky: Good Bye and take care

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'Becky'
    Becky: Welcome to Wu-Yi Source, I hope you have had a great day so far. I am happy to assist you with any questions you might have regarding the tea, which has helped countless people around the globe.
    You: Hello
    Becky: Hello, how may I assist you?
    You: becky, why does your company continue to charge me enormous amounts of money that you dont even advertise
    You: weven after a cancellation.
    Becky: Could you please provide me with your full name and email address, so that I can pull up your details?
    You: byaruhangaivy@yahoo.co.uk
    You: Byaruhanga Ivy
    Becky: Ok, please provide me a minute, while I locate your transaction.
    Becky: Your order has already been cancelled from the autoship program.
    Becky: You have been removed from the auto-ship program and you will not be receiving any further shipments. As per the Terms and Conditions you agreed to before placing your order, you have been charged the discounted rate of $29.95 for your Second of 3 installments for the 3 months supply of slimming tea that has already been received by you.(This ships after 30 days of placing your initial order).
    Becky: You will be charged $29.95 ( third installment) on Aug 22, 2008 nothing after that.
    You: How can you say that
    You: i have been charged £39 for 2 months that is double waht u are telling me
    You: imore so at the same time
    You: i spoke to RICKY another agent who cancelled and said that my money will be refunded but nothing
    Becky: You will be charged $29.95 (third installment) for second shipment ( three month) supply which has already been received by you.]
    You: except more charges
    You: how much does it cost with shipment
    Becky: Just a moment please
    You: Ricky: We have charged $26.95 on May 19, 2008, for the shipping and handling. Ricky: $ 29.95 on Jun 09, 2008 for the product, you already received as trial. Ricky: $ 34.90 on Jun 23, 2008 and sent you 3 months supply to you. Ricky: Your two charges (2 installments) are still pending, one $ 29.95 on Jul 23, 2008 Ricky: And, $29.95 on Aug 23, 2008
    You: That is what the charges i was told will be charged
    Becky: We have charged $6.95(shipping) + $20 ( international order) on May 19, 2008, for the shipping and handling.
    Becky: $ 29.95 on Jun 09, 2008 for the product, you already received as trial.
    Becky: $ 34.90 on Jun 23, 2008 and sent you 3 months supply to you.
    Becky: $ 29.95 on Jul 23, 2008 for 2nd installment of 3 months supply.
    Becky: And, $29.95 on Aug 22, 2008 for 3rd installment for second shipment ( three month) supply nothing after that.
    You: i have recieved 3 months supply @ 29.95
    You: The first order it got inflated by the s&h charges
    You: i was told different you charged me different
    Becky: It is clearly mention in our terms and condition which you agreed during the place an order.
    You: ok with your expert knowledge let me know how i can be charged all the above for just two shippings
    You: you dont understand
    You: i never agreed to pay 39 british pound twice in July
    You: this is not fair
    Becky: You have been charged $29.95 on Jun 09, 2008 after the completing of trial which is clearly stated on our terms and conditions that you agreed to prior to ordering on page 3 (order confirmation page).
    You: i agreed a trial which had done more harm than good
    Becky: We have charged $ 34.90 on Jun 23, 2008 and sent you 3 months and again $ 29.95 on Jul 23, 2008 for 2nd installment for this shipment ( three month) supply which you have already been received.
    You: i am now left with no alternative but contact the Nevada consumer division
    Becky: You will be charged $29.95 (third shipment) nothing after that.
    You: When you add all those charges up mdam, to you do you confirm that your company did the right thing to charge excessively and still chaerge
    You: i dont require a third shipment
    You: i know am within my legal right for distance selling govermning the uk and us
    Becky: You can send back your unused portion of tea to us .
    Becky: You will not be charged again as we receive back your product before on Aug 22, 2008.
    You: i will therefore as of now instigate legal action against your company since it seems my efforts to get my moneyback arent working
    Becky: You can send back you unused portion of product to us for refund, if you wish to send back the product then please let me know
    You: please also be ware all this concvesaation will appear on my blog to refuse cutomers to buy your product as you have very poor and shady dealings
    You: you have been of greatr assistance but i of now make it my job to stop you from cheating others
    You: i cant not pay more than £100 british pound for two shipments
    You: yet one was a trial
    You: this is daylight robbery
    You: Same story - received confirmation number of credits, still being charged. Here is our plan of attack: 1. Cancelling the credit card, 2. Filing a charge dispute for charge made after cancellation 3. filing a fraud report with Las Vegas police 702.828.3285 4. filing a fraud report with the State Attorney General http://ag.state.nv.us/org/bcp/complaint_form_bcplv.pdf 5. Contacting CBS affiliate Channel 8 GEORGE KNAPP I-TEAM CHIEF REPORTER gknapp@klastv.com 6. Contacting Nevada Consumer Affairs Division - (702) 486-7355 7. Contacting Better Business Bureau - (702) 320-4500
    Becky: Just a moment please
    You: These are the details available for contact for every body who is been cheated by your company
    You: i thought you would be helpful out of the beaurecracy but guess not
    You: I am only a poor woman who was impressed by your advert and decided to try your product. Little did i know you planned to empty my bak account
    Becky: Please don't worry, you will not be charged anymore.
    You: I will now not only need cancellation but all payment back as i did not agree to buying anythig other than the trial
    You: Even if am not charge d NY MORE
    Becky: We would like to inform you that you have been refunded and the refund amount would be credited to your account within 7-10 business days. Kindly check your credit card statement for a refund.
    You: KINDLY EXPLAIN TO ME WHY I WAS CHARGED £39 IN JULY
    You: I WAS TOLD THAT THE LAST TIME, BY RICKY CANT TAKE YOUR WORD FOR THAT NOW
    You: Please account for for £39 twice
    Becky: Please don't worry, we have refunded you and refund amount would be credited in your account within 7-10 business days.
    You: My children are going hungry for you have there & £78 worth of food andyou are telling me to wait for 10 days
    You: How much money will you refud
    You: sorry, refund
    Becky: Just a moment please
    You: I need my money and complete assurance that you will not charge my account agin
    Becky: As I said above you will not be charged anymore.
    You: What is the amount of money you are refunding
    Becky: We have refunded $34.90 + $29.95.
    You: By the way you refer to two shipments with a three months supply, clarify for i only got one
    You: you want to refund me £25 of £78
    You: Am i missing something here?
    You: ok atmost £30 of £78
    Becky: We have refunded for the amount which you had charged after the first shipment.
    Becky: Please don't worry, you will not be charged anymore.
    You: how can i not worry after i have paid for 10 other shipments that are being ignored by your company
    You: £39 pounds was deducted from my account twice by your compay
    You: in one month of july
    You: please explan
    You: Am kind of tired of having the same conversation over
    Becky: We have refunded the amount which you had charged in month of July.
    You: Please wait for a site operator to respond. You are now chatting with 'Ricky' Ricky: Welcome to Wu-Yi Source, I hope you have had a great day so far. I am happy to assist you with any questions you might have regarding the tea, which has helped countless people around the globe. you: Hi Ricky Ricky: Hello, how may I assist you? you: My name is Ivy Ricky: Ok. you: i ordered tea from your company in May 2008 you: the promised $4 trial, i ended up paying £15.50 and £13 all in the same month. you: how can i trust your company again Ricky: Could you please provide me with your full name and email address, so that I can pull up your details? you: Ivy Byaruhanga you: byaruhangaivy@yahoo.co.uk Ricky: Ok, please provide me a minute, while I locate your transaction. you: i have a receipt of $25.95 with S& H, so how do i truely get charged this much? Ricky: We have charged $26.95 on May 19, 2008, for the shipping and handling. Ricky: $ 29.95 on Jun 09, 2008 for the product, you already received as trial. Ricky: $ 34.90 on Jun 23, 2008 and sent you 3 months supply to you. Ricky: Your two charges (2 installments) are still pending, one $ 29.95 on Jul 23, 2008 Ricky: And, $29.95 on Aug 23, 2008 you: 15.60 ------------------- 11/06/08 13.60 -----------------------25/05/08 .66---------------------------- 23/05/08 lean living 1.06 ------------------------- 21/05/08 you: I have never got any 3 months supply Ricky: If you have any questions regarding Living Lean, please call at # 1866-396-5711 for their support. you: i have only received one months supply Ricky: Here is the tracking for your shipment 1Z59663F6700970376. Ricky: You can use the above Tracking ID to track your order at www.ups.com Ricky: For Canadian customers, please check it on www.canadapost.ca you: yes i have also talked to lean living a few minutes ago Ricky: Ok. you: they too charged me £18 for $19.50 you: They insist on only repaying $19.50 instead of my £18. Ricky: You have been charged $19.95 for Living Lean. Ricky: Please call them on the given number. you: Your company shares details with them, therefore, its your company i partially blame for any descripancy Ricky: Sorry for the inconvenience, But, We have clearly mentioned everything in our terms and conditions that who order Wu-Yi Tea automatically get enrolled in the LivingLean program as well
    You: That is the conversation i had with ricky
    Becky: Please hold while I transfer you to a Managing Supervisor.
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to 'Riston'.
    You are now chatting with 'Riston'
    Riston: Hello,
    Riston: I am Riston (managing supervisor on duty)
    Riston: Could you please allow me few moments while I review your chat ?
    You: yes
    You: please do
    Riston: Becky has already refunded you $ 29.95 + $ 29.95.
    You: please lets be secific
    You: lets start from the beginning
    Riston: ok
    You: i order a trial and express s& h with a reciept of $25.95 i et charged $26.95 on 19 may
    Riston: We are only providing 14 free days to try our tea before being charged for it and satisfied with it. Our tea itself is not free.
    You: further on 09 june $29.95 for product of trial as confirmed by Ricky your agent
    Riston: It was clearly stated in the terms and conditions that you will be charged $29.95 for the tea after completion of 14 days.
    You: ok
    You: Although you persistently led me to believe i was buying a trial . but instead of sending a trial you sent a monthsa supply so that i can pay you anothe $29.95.
    You: And you believe that is not selling buy deception
    You: That is my first querry
    You: here comes the second
    You: on June 23 i was charged $34.90 for 3 months spply
    Riston: I would like to inform you that it is an autoship program.
    You: How much does a months supply cost according to you?
    Riston: That's why we sent you a three month supply.
    Riston: $29.95 per month.
    You: Kindly explain the claimed $34.90
    Riston: $ 4.95 was shipping price and $29.95 was for the first installment of three month supply.
    You: ok, how many three months supply do you intend to send to a customer
    You: In your literature you promise to honour a cancellation
    You: that t is only a phone call away, i dont think this is so
    Riston: Yes, you can cancel your future shipments anytime. But until you call us and cancel your further orders we will continue to ship you three months supply.
    You: So, how can you explain me being charged £39 pound twice in July
    You: Give me good enough a reason not to sue your company
    Riston: The charge of $29.95 on Jul 24, 2008 was for the second of three month shipment which you have received.
    Riston: Okay, have you read our terms and conditions ?
    You: do you mean another month or
    You: yes
    Riston: What did you find there ?
    You: and doesnt mention any where that i will be charged £39 pounds twice
    You: please supply me a copy of this as my evidence
    You: i will appreciate it
    Riston: Sure.
    Riston: You can get them here.
    Riston: https://www.wu-yisource.com/terms_lean.php
    You: didnt see any where mentioning my £39 GBP
    You: that is £78 equivqlent of £150 dollars in one month
    Riston: Did you read this ?
    Riston: This also entitles you to priority placement for each seasons limited supply (we ship you a fresh, three month supply every ninety days, even before we make new shipments available to the general public), all for the locked in, guaranteed low price of only $29.95 a month plus S/H (this thirty five percent discount will stay available to you for as long as you choose to stay in the program, even when the retail prices go up).
    You: I chose a month ago not to stya nin your programme
    You: you cancelled my account
    You: but i still get charged
    You: are you trying to tell me that prices increased
    Riston: Since we had already shipped you three month supply of tea, you were scheduled to be charged the all three installments.
    Riston: No the price is same.
    You: ok
    You: what is your shipping charge
    Riston: For the first shipment it is $ 24.95 and when you are enrolled in our autoship it is only $4.95.
    You: to you is 24.95 + 4.95 twice equal to £78
    Riston: You were charged one shipping fee on May 19, 2008 for the first month shipment and $ 4.95 on Jun 23, 2008 for the three month shipment.
    You: yeah of $34.90
    You: now explin my july payment
    Riston: You are not getting me Ivy.
    Riston: Let me explain you.
    You: am listening
    Riston: We have shipped you a three month supply on Jun 23, 2008
    Riston: ok ?
    Riston: Cost of our tea is $ 29.95 per month.
    You: ok
    Riston: And you know that you have to pay one time shipping fee of $4.95.
    You: so the shipping cost 34.90 dollars for 3 months shipment
    Riston: $34.90 includes one $ 29.95 charge and $4.95 shipping cost.
    You: ok
    Riston: Do you agree that we should charge you $29.95 three times for the three month supply of tea. ?
    You: I dont agree but you are explaining so i am trying to understand where you are coming from. Remember all i was interested in in the first place was a trial
    Riston: But let me tell you that it was an autoship program, and if you were not satisfied with the tea you should have called and cancelled your order within first 14 days.
    Riston: It was clearly stated in the terms and conditions
    You: please continue with your explanation
    Riston: I have explained you everything. Is there anything else I can explain you ?
    You: yeah
    Riston: ok
    You: from your expln i gather the first of 3 moths supply was paid for in June right
    Riston: Yes, that was on Jun 23, 2008.
    You: that leaves 2 months supply @ 29.95 right?
    Riston: Right.
    You: $59.90 dollars is not equivalent to £78
    You: and twice
    You: in one month, i mean £39
    You: Kindly explain that
    Riston: When did you get charged $ 59.95 ?
    You: $29.95 by 2
    Riston: Let me know the exact dates.
    You: july
    You: am at work didnt carry my statement but its all clear
    Riston: We have charged you $29.95 only once in July and that is on Jul 24, 2008
    You: I will confirm the dates to you in a few hours
    Riston: Sure.
    You: do you have a direct phone or email so i can reach u?
    Riston: I am sorry but if you would like to contact me personally you have to come on this Live Chat only.
    You: so do i request any one i like thru chat
    Riston: Yes, if you are connected with someone else, you can ask for me.
    You: i just didnt want to go thru 10 people and all this conversation agina
    You: ok
    You: thanks for your help