Living Lean, Las Vegas / I have cancelled my order, yet am still being billed

1 5116-142 Street N.W.Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 780 437-4111

Several months ago I purchased tea from the Wu-Yi web page. In the month of May there were 2 unathorized charges to my bank card in the amount of $19.95 each from a company called Living Lean Las Vegas. When I called the bank they gave me a number to call which I did. The person answered "Customer Service" not giving a name of a company. When I asked who they are he told me they supply educational programs for grant writing. I informed him that the charges where not authorized and I expected immediate repayment to my account. He informed me that their computer system was being upgraded and he was not able to do anything at this time. He suggested I call back in an hour. I told him that what they are doing is fraudulant and I would file a complaint against them.

Comments

• Fr
    Living Lean Las Vegas - unauthorized charge
    California

I was charged $19.95 on my personal account and didn't authorize the charge and no nothing about this company.

• El
      3rd of Apr, 2008

I too was just charged $19.99 and it was not authorized.
    I will be contacting my bank

• Ve
      3rd of Apr, 2008

I just had a charge hit my account in the amount of$19.95 and I too have never heard of this company...I am on hold with my bank now and want these guys caught!

• Ne
      4th of Apr, 2008

I too had a charge - just on Apriol 3rd for 19.95 from IW/Living Lean Las Vegas. The phone number listed on my bank statement (435-373-0275) did not go through. It came up as a fax machine number. I have never heard of the company and had not placed any internet orders since I ordered a book through Amazon.com. I know it is not associated with them. What can we do to get our accounts credited and ensure this doesn't happen again?

• Ke
      4th of Apr, 2008

Unauthorized charge as indicated above

5th of Apr, 2008

I just had a charge on my credit card to. I just called my card holder and they are looking in to it too. I have no idea who this company is either. And I live in Canada.

5th of Apr, 2008

I was also charged. All I wanted was the free trial for 6.95 and then they charged me 29.95. Now I looked at my bank account and was charged ANOTHER 19.95. This is rediculous!!! So what im wanting to know is, has anyone gotten their 19.95 back or is there a phone number that we can call to get that back??

• Am
      7th of Apr, 2008

I was also charged an unauthorized amount of $19.95
    They are sneaky, conniving thieves!

10th of Apr, 2008

I called this phone Number (1-866-396-5711) and chewed them out and told them that it is all over the internet that they are a bunch of ripe offs and that I was going to send an Email to everybody telling them not to fall for thier scam. They where very willing to refund my money. Will see about that in 3 to 5 business days.

10th of Apr, 2008

i was too charged $19.95 and didnt authorized it i find out who it was and they at first didnt want to redit nack to my account but i told them i would do something about it and they told me they would refund me the money will see about that

• Am
      10th of Apr, 2008

i agree, it is a rip off. i just called the # that i found on this website from someone who posted it. it turns out when i got this wu yi tea stuff (made me sick) it 'automatically' enrolled me in a free 30 day trial for this living lean stuff (free when i paid 19.99 USD?)

they are refunding it.. they say... 3 days also :P

• Sh
      10th of Apr, 2008

WT[censored] I got the same thing. A mysterious package arrived and there was 3 boxes for this tea that I did not want to buy anymore... and I didn't order this at all. I check my VISA and low and behold... 2 extra charges... one for $29.95 for these 3 boxes of extra tea and a $19.95 charge for I/W Lean Living LV that I know nothing about... as I type this email I am on the phone with my credit card company to reverse the charges, my next call will be to the tea guys and then to my local police department to indicate internet fraud.

• Ge
      10th of Apr, 2008

I agree with the complaints. It seems that we can't order anything off the internet anymore with a scam behind it. I will never do this again. I am talking with Living Lean Supervisor right now to get my refunds back. I was charged twice.

• Je
      10th of Apr, 2008

I got a box of 30 tea bags and was charged 29.95 two weeks later and again charged 19.95 for this Lean Living that i didn't know about. i called the number and the wont refund me even when i told them they would be reported. this was my first off the enternet and the last!

• Lo
      10th of Apr, 2008

I too have never heard of this company. I just got off the phone with them and they said when you place an order for some kind of tea wu something, that you also agree to sign up for this "Living Lean" thing. She said there is a "big box" that says when you give them your credit card number you get a "free 3o day trial" and then they charge your card until you cancel it. I demanded a refund and the "supervisor" told me that "according to their policy, they can refund 2 payments." They have dinged me 3. I have called my bank and disputed the one that just hit. I am furious. I think there needs to be a class action suit against this company. Anyone know a good attorney?

• Ba
      10th of Apr, 2008

I had this same FRAUDULENT, LYING, DECEITFUL, company do the same to my credit card / bank account AFTER I received the WORTHLESS tea, which I cancelled my order immediately afterwards ONLY to find 2 days ago that this "Living Lean in Las Vegas" charged me again ANOTHER $19.95 for ? (whatever ---I haven't gotten anything from them) AND I NEVER AUTHORIZED THEM TO DEDUCT!!! I have contacted my bank and they told me to call back in 2 more days & THEY will file a "DISPUTE" WITH THIS LYING, CR_PPY business & their AFFILIATE COMPANY. IN THE MEANTIME, IF I DON'T SEE AN IMMEDIATE REFUND FROM THEM, I AM EMAILING OPRAH WINFREY DIRECTLY TO LET HER KNOW HER GOOD NAME IS BEING USED BY THIS STUPID, _SS COMPANY & TO WARN ALL HER AUDIENCE BY HOPEFULLY ANNOUNCING "ON-AIR" ON HER SHOWS! Maybe this will stop them if they know a multi-millionaire corporate attorney group will go after their sorry hinnys!! I suggest EVERYONE WHO HAS EXPERIENCED THIS GARBAGE TO DO THE SAME!!...http://www2.oprah.com/email/reach/email_reach_fromu.jhtml

• Da
      11th of Apr, 2008

I was also charged this 19.95 from living lean, got right on the phone with them and demanded (somewhat nicely) my money back, and now 3 days later my credit card was refunded the amount they took...so be persistent and dont take no for an answer, i was very matter of fact on the phone, i didnt appear upset but i was FIRM with them that it needed to be reversed!!

• Bc
      11th of Apr, 2008

unbelievable...i've been charged by living lean as well this is nuts...its apparenlty automatically charged to you after you have received your tea...which i never received but was billed several times for!
    Scam artists for sure! I've reported them to my bank and the police and oprah...for what its worth.

• De
      16th of Apr, 2008

LIVING LEAN LAS VEGAS MADE AN UNAUTHORIZED DEBIT FROM MY CHECKING ACCT.

16th of Apr, 2008

I as well have been charged numerous times opn my account. I was never informed of this living lean product what ever it is. I have never seen anything in the mail just through spam emials. I called them demanding to get all my months money returned or else there were going to be big complaints with my lawyers what has everyone else done once they found out about this issue.