Living Essentials / Illegal debit to account

1 170 EculyptisVista, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-792-9079

Like many others, I had ordered and canceled Cigarrest months ago. A process that was lengthly and full of hassles with nasty customer service personnel. Today I was looking at my checking account statement and found a charge for Living Essentials, a company I never heard of until I started researching and found out it affiliated with Cigarrest, whose parent company is Bernham & Rice. After spending the morning filing reports with my bank, the BBB, the California and Florida Attorney General's Office, the Federal Trade Commission and requesting information to see if a class action law suit has been initiated I want to know what can be done to stop this rip off company from doing business. Their practices are disgusting and reprehensible and they need to be stopped.

Jo

Comments

• Ka
      20th of Mar, 2010

I never ordered anything from this company and all of a sudden a charge for $69.00 was charged to my account. I am most dissatisfied with it all and have already stopped this at my bank. I have not ordered anything from your company and am starting proceedings on Monday 3/22/10 . I am a disabled widow and my son-in-laws run around will all of the St. Albans police force. My mother recently died and I am a nice person that is always getting taken advantage of. This company needs to place my hard earned money back into my account. PRONTO!!!...I expect an answer as soon as possible.
    Disgruntled...

2nd of Nov, 2010

It's shocking to me what blatant weasely snookery these diarreah dummies have done! The same thing with Cigarrest happened to me, as in the case with Katie Wh.I guess, in a long run if they don't have to pay the piper for these mis-deeds, there would be no reason for them to stop! I personally treated them fairly with undeserved respect and consideration, and in return they posted bogus charges on my already hurting S.S.I. checking account!! But I guess they've been getting away with it, so as far as they're concerned they may as well continue sneaking these charges in-especially if no one complains and/or they remain unpunished and unscathed by our legal system!!!Unfortunately, most people don't notice these deceiving increments among all the other bills in a months time[with me, they snuck it in on the 2nd of the month, so that I might have missed it or dis-missedit]
    Hang'em High!!!Goodbye!!!

• Bl
      30th of Jul, 2011
    Living Essentials - took money off my card and I do not use any products from them
    Living Essentials
    California

they took $9.95 off my card on 7-29-11 ands IU don't know why I do not use any products from them the one thing the sent me I told them I didn't want any more in May 2011 why are they still taking my money withiut my permit. I want them to leave my cared along I only receive unemployment and have bills set to pay and they snick in and take my money off withoiur my knowledge. PLEASE make them STOP.