[Resolved] LiveCareer.com / they don't care about customer service

United States Review updated:

Do not use this site! I had a billing issue with them. I called and talk a man named rj. He was very rude. He keep laughing at me and hung up on me. I called back and rj was the one who answered my call again. I asked to speak to he supervisor... Once again he laughed at me. When speaking with his supervisor, the gentleman said that I was the one that ended the call. He didn't even listen to the call. Bad supervisor. Do not use this site! They don't care about customer service. They did refund my money and was asked not to use their site again. Like I said great customer service.

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareerUS's Response, May 22, 2012

Dear Portier,

Hi, I work at LiveCareer. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The $4.95 subscription is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. If you do not cancel we will assume that you are still using our service. Many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search.

We assure you LiveCareer operates in accordance with all legal standards. Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option.

• LiveCareerUS's Response, May 22, 2012

Dear Pierse,

Hi, I work at LiveCareer. I am sorry to hear that you feel that way, but we assure you LiveCareer operates in accordance with all legal standards. Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option.

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Jun 20, 2012

Dear Shilde,

Hi, work at LiveCareer. We apologize for the misunderstanding. The $ 4.95 is a one time trial price. It will no longer be available for returning user, but what we offer is $ 34.95 for a whole month and not just 1 week, which allows you not only to print, email and download, but you can also have the ability to post your resume to 90 job boards, which gives you better chances of landing a job.

If you have any questions regarding your subscription our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Aug 13, 2012

Dear Poldake,

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Sep 07, 2012

Dear Goode,

I work at LiveCareer. Please contact us immediately if you have your cancellation confirmation number or email. We will be happy to honour this to the full extent. Our toll free number is 1-888-816-0576 we are available 7 days a week 6am-midnight EST. Or if you prefer, you can email us at: [protected]@livecareer.com

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Dec 14, 2012

Dear Elbrus,

Hi, I work at LiveCareer. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The $3.95 option you chose is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. Underneath this option it states it will auto-renew in bullet form. We do offer several ways to cancel including self-cancellation in your Account Settings!

You can also contact our customer service team for help! We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Jan 14, 2013

Dear Gribeke,

Hi, I work at LiveCareer. We apologize for the misunderstanding; our free trial gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. If you like what you see, we ask you to pay for a subscription. The ability to print, email, or download your resume are only listed as a feature of the paid subscription and are not listed as a feature of the free trial. We're sorry for any confusion.

The $3.95 option is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. Underneath this option it states it will auto-renew in bullet form. We do offer several ways to cancel including self-cancellation in your Account Settings!

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Aug 26, 2015

Dear Customer,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. The free account gives you the ability to try out the Resume Builder to get a feel for how it works, and see what it has to offer before deciding to purchase. There is no cost to TRY it out. At this time we do offer free text (.txt) download of your resume.

We also explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me again if you have any further issues. Please email me at
    anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

Best regards,

Anna

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Sep 14, 2015

Hi Juan Uskiano,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. The details of our subscription are listed on our sales page, and we also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

Anna

LiveCareer

Comments

• Te
      Feb 23, 2012
    Livecareer.com - I hate, hate, hate, how companies do the bait and switch on people
    livecareer.com

I hate, hate, hate, how companies do the bait and switch on people. They tell you that it will cost you only $4.95 for 7 days of use and the next thing you know your bank account is dinged for $34.95!! If you would put THAT in bold print before the $4.95 sales pitch, you at LiveCareer.com would not be getting such ugly reviews.

• Pi
      May 06, 2012
    Livecareer.com - I have no experience with this site, but it has forced arbitration in it's user agreement.
    livecareer.com

I have no experience with this site, but it has forced arbitration in it's user agreement. Don't use this site!

• Po
      May 13, 2012
    Livecareer.com - extremely risky site to do business with
    livecareer.com

Horrible - billed my card after I used the service once then refused to refund the complete amount - it is an extremely risky site to do business with - make sure to read everything twice.

• Be
      May 20, 2012
    Livecareer.com - charged me even after I canceled the acct
    livecareer.com

Charged me even after I canceled the Acct and not at the 4.95 I paid but a higher 34.95 amt. DON'T USE THEM!!

• Ni
      May 30, 2012
    Livecareer.com - do not give them any of your financial information
    livecareer.com

Do not use this website! Do not give them any of your financial information!!! ... I wanted to use a template to write a resume and agreed to pay $4.95. It was not even worth the $4.95 as it was not really possible to do with their setup. Then to make it worse they started to take out $34.95 a month from my account saying that it was part of a confirmation e-mail that they sent for the $4.95 transaction. Of course I had not agreed to this but they had my info. So to repeat, do not use them at all. Stay away!!

May 30, 2012
    Livecareer.com - avoid like the plague
    livecareer.com

This website is straight fcking $#*! it would never let u login cuz they know they will get fcked over trust me if i found the founder of livecarrer.com i will stab the fck out of him he took 500 dollars for 1 resume what a fcking fraud.

Jun 18, 2012
    Livecareer.com - everyone interested in using this website, don't
    livecareer.com

Everyone interested in using this website, don't!!! I bought a resume for 4.95, and a month after that, I received a phone call from my bank to tell me that my debit card was frauded. There were 305.50 in charges on my account I didn't authorize, which includes the scam of 34.99 for 2 months they charged my account. At the end of investigation, the bank told me that this website was how my information got stolen. They also traced the website, which is run by someone from indonesia. These are not customer service representatives responding to complaints. Of course some fake representatives is going to have something to say to my post, but don't buy anything from this website. These people will steal your credit/debit card information.

• Sh
      Jun 20, 2012
    Livecareer.com - these people are snakes and liars
    livecareer.com

I used this site before and it was an awesome way to make a resume. Though I wanted to print out a resume months later and I was going to pay the $5 fee for another week, I was charged $34.50!!! Seriously? For one week I paid $35. These people are snakes and liars! Do not use them! I cant not even begin to explain how furious I am. I cant stress enough how horrible and rude their customer service team is.

• Ni
      Jul 07, 2012

I was about to use the site to order some services but after reading these complaints, NO THANKS! I'm glad I was warned first. Thanks to the person who is letting everyone know

• Po
      Aug 03, 2012
    Livecareer.com - beware, money grabbing scheme
    livecareer.com

DO NOT use this site! I needed to make a new cover letter and found out that I had to pay to print it out only after I had completed the letter. They then proceeded to charge me way too much money for their poor services, which I didn't use after I printed off my letter, for another 2 months. I canceled my subscription and was refused reimbursement of my $ because of some obscure line in their terms of use policy that states that if you don't cancel your subscription after the 7 day trial period, they will automatically renew your subscription monthly, without any emails or warnings. BE CAREFUL! MONEY GRABBING SCHEME!

• Go
      Aug 27, 2012
    Livecareer.com - I canceled and continued to be charged 35.00 a month
    livecareer.com

AWFUL!! I canceled and continued to be charged 35.00 a month!!! and they now state they cannot find ANY documentation stating that I canceled. I had wanted a one time only and now having to fight them using my bank. THEY ARE rip offs and scam artist!!

Sep 12, 2012
    Livecareer.com - they are thieves and they lie to their customers
    livecareer.com

They refused to provide me with a refund of $149.95, taking MONTHS and MONTHS of charges from me without telling me, even after they said it was FREE and only a "trial"! They are thieves and they lie to their customers. I warn you STAY AWAY!

• Si
      Oct 03, 2012
    Livecareer.com - total of 74.85 has been taken out of my account
    livecareer.com

I used the "introductory offer for a 7 day trial to format an old resume. Once the resume was changed, I called and cancelled the subscription just like the fine print directed. 7 days after the 1st charge of 4.95 was taken out, 2 additional charges of 34.95 were automatically taken from my account. So a total of 74.85 has been taken out of my account to date so far for this account that was canceled hours after I used it. BUYER BEWARE!!!

• El
      Dec 08, 2012
    Livecareer.com - I too fell victim to this site and their service
    livecareer.com

I too fell victim to this site and their service. Please read the fine print carefully on their account creation page; you will be charged the $34.95 on the "8th day" after paying the $3.95; not the 8th of the month following payment of the $3.95!!! This company is practicing very deceptive business, and still getting away with it.

• Gr
      Jan 08, 2013
    Livecareer.com - stay away from this one
    livecareer.com

It advertises that it is free until you go thru and do a great resume and then bam! You have to pay in order to print it. And then they charge you $35 per month on your credit card until you call and cancel. STAY AWAY!!!

• Be
      Oct 06, 2014

It doesn't even matter. They only refunded me the last transaction but not the other ones that I NEVER even wanted!!! Lost $120 right under my nose. There should NOT be an automatic sign up after the $1 trial!!! I'm warning ALL of my family and friends that need to build resumes and there are a ton of them here!!! VERY upset!!! I NEED the money!!!

• Ka
      Jul 31, 2015

I was charged for an account I don't even have. Someone used my card and my young daughter email address but used a completely different name for an account. How can I cancel an account I never had?. I can't even log in to cancel the account?

• Re
      Aug 24, 2015
    Livecareer.com - check this out! scam!

Check this out!! Scam!! Go to livecareer.com or type in any search "livecareer scam" they take your money!! You can't print out your resume without giving a credit card!! Then they keep making charges to it!! When you contact them they don’t refund your money!!! They get you by avertising on gooogle as a "free"rsume site and after helping you with making a resume you must pay to be able to download or print your resume. That's right they do it often

• Ju
      Sep 01, 2015

yeah, i got the same experience with this website. They have charged me more than 300 dollars after i payed for a resume of 5 dollars.

• De
      Nov 18, 2015
    Livecareer.com - canceling my account
    7 Albemarle Street
    London England Greater London
    United Kingdom

I used the service to build my CV. I know longer need my account and want to cancel. This is not easy in any shape or form. The company have taken two payments of £26.00 in the past three weeks. I do not have a lot of money as I have only just started working. I visited my bank yesterday to ask if they could assist me in stopping live career taking anymore money. They are now in the process of doing this for me.Its been a worrying experience and I have been left feeling violated.