[Resolved] LiveCareer.com / same problem as everyone else
Same problem as everyone else. I didn't mind paying the $4.95 to download my resume that I created. What I didn't realize is that I signed up for an additional service that I needed to call them for to cancel - which was $34.95 per month. I would have never signed up for this because I only needed a one time download. I didn't notice the charge until my second credit card billing statement - which by then I was already out for 3 months worth of charges.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB and have disputed the charges with my credit card company. We'll see what happens. I tried calling up livecareer and explained the situation, but they weren't willing to work with me.
Don't use them!!
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
LiveCareerUS's Response, Nov 29, 2012
Hi, I work at LiveCareer. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The $4.95 subscription is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. Once you cancel you will no longer be charged. But, many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search. Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option.
We make cancelling your account really easy! Just visit your account settings or contact our customer service team. We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.
More LiveCareer.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - cancelation 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - don't use this service 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - charging credit card / scam 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - they withdrew 34.95 from my checking account 
- LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume - unauthorised charges to my credit card 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - this site pissed me off
- LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume - little liars
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - not sure how they keep good rating 
- [Resolved] Live Career - beware of bait and switch ploy to steal your money
- [Resolved] Live Career - cancelation of my subscription