[Resolved] LiveCareer.com / same problem as everyone else

Same problem as everyone else. I didn't mind paying the $4.95 to download my resume that I created. What I didn't realize is that I signed up for an additional service that I needed to call them for to cancel - which was $34.95 per month. I would have never signed up for this because I only needed a one time download. I didn't notice the charge until my second credit card billing statement - which by then I was already out for 3 months worth of charges.

I have filed a complaint with the BBB and have disputed the charges with my credit card company. We'll see what happens. I tried calling up livecareer and explained the situation, but they weren't willing to work with me.

Don't use them!!

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Nov 29, 2012

Dear Poller,

Hi, I work at LiveCareer. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The $4.95 subscription is good for 7 days and we rely on you to cancel whenever you are finished. Once you cancel you will no longer be charged. But, many of our customers continue to use our service for several months during their entire job search. Our subscription prices and policies are clearly stated in the details of the subscription underneath each price option.

We make cancelling your account really easy! Just visit your account settings or contact our customer service team. We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free [protected] or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: [protected]@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

Best Regards,