[Resolved] LiveCareer.com / charging credit card / scam

Phone: 1888-816-0576

Check this out!! Scam!! Go to livecareer.com or type in any search "livecareer scam" they take your money!! You can't print out your resume without giving a credit card!! Then they keep making charges to it!! When you contact them they don’t refund your money!!! They get you by avertising on gooogle as a "free"rsume site and after helping you with making a resume you must pay to be able to download or print your resume. That is when they get you and start charging you for $39. 95 a month on top of the $2. 99 you authorized!!

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jul 17, 2013

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your comments. We welcome all feedback from our customers.

Our free account allows you to create resume and cover letter and make use of our templates, designs and text tuner samples, but the ability to print, email, or download your resume are only listed as a feature of the paid subscription and are not listed as a feature of the free account.

The subscription that you purchased has a recurring billing feature and you can cancel at any time. It is clearly stated on the subscription sales page and the confirmation e-mail we send you upon purchase. It was also stated there as to when your subscription will auto-renew at $ 34.95.

Linda, we take great care in letting our customers know what they are subscribing to, as well as providing the many ways in which they can cancel. You can cancel by calling our customer service, which is open 18 hours a day, 7 days a week at toll free 1-888-816-0576, by live chat or by e-mail to [protected]@livecareer.com. There is even a self-cancellation feature under “My Account” on our website

Livecareer

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Aug 07, 2014

Hi Dlsaloio1,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at [protected]@livecareer-support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Aug 26, 2014

Hi BC2,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We take pride in providing effective and valuable career, resume and cover letter assistance to hundreds of thousands of people. Our free account gives your the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free.

We also take great care in letting our customers know what they are subscribing to. On our sales page, we explain that the subscription is auto-renewing, in the description of the subscription in bullet form, again on the purchase page, as well as in the confirmation email you receive once you subscribe. We even make cancellation really easy, we have it in 4 ways: By phone, chat, email and online through "Account Settings" if service is no longer needed.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Sep 09, 2014

Hi Jevgenijs Baterins,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscription are auto-renewing if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send payment confirmation email. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, May 28, 2015

Hi Robert Wujek,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our site and were unable to get in touch with our customer service.

Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that was billed and card holder’s name so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at [protected]@livecareer-support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jun 02, 2015

Dear Customer,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We offer an Annual subscription for $7.95 per month which is a 1-year commitment that requires an upfront payment of $95.40 and is the best value for full access to your resumes for the entire year. The other option is our 14 day access that auto-renews at $39.80 on the 15th day billed every four weeks if not cancelled. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings if service is no longer needed.

Deleting an account is different from cancellation. Deleting means you will not be able to access any of your resumes, cover letters, or emails, and this action cannot be undone. However, cancellation stops the auto-renewal. Cancelling a subscription online can be found under the subscription tab.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. If you have any further issues, you can contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that was billed and card holder’s name so that we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at [protected]@livecareer- support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Aug 21, 2015

Hi Gabriellemarisa,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Please contact me directly the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at [protected]@livecareer-support.com

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Dec 26, 2015

Stacy Scicluna we are sorry that you are dissatisfied with our service, we will be more than happy to assist you. You can contact us at

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jan 06, 2016

Greetings deb37214, We are really sorry you feel that way. Our subscription terms and conditions are available for the client to see before making any purchase as well o ur free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase.The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. However you can download a plain text version of
    your resume for free. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We do stated that you can cancel the subscription any time and that will stop FUTURE CHARGES. the current ones are valid if the cancellation is not processs and the subscription to have the service available at any time in still active. We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at [protected]@livecareer.com or send me a private message through here if you have any more concerns or have any further assistant.

Live Career

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Feb 24, 2016

We are sorry that you feel that way Karen. If you have any more concerns you can send us a private message here and we will gladly offer you assistance. Have a wonderful day.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Mar 03, 2016

Hello Denton, we have already assist you the best that we could. Here we will send you two screen shots of our page in the attachment section.

Live Career

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Apr 08, 2016

Hi kidding right? We are sorry that you feel this way. We are very committed in providing our customer with a great customer care and once again we apologize for any inconvenience that you experience while using the service. We take all feedback in a serious manner. This while be forwarded to our Management Team. You can contact us directly at [protected]@livecareer.com if you need assistance on any concern you may have regarding your account. We also sent you a private message so we can further assist you in a direct and secure manner. Looking forward to helping you achieve a timely resolution.

LiveCareer.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Apr 08, 2016

Hi Daniela21 We apologize that you weren’t happy with your experience while using our service. We are very committed in providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact us directly at [protected]@livecareer.com if you need any further assistance on your account. We will send you a private message through here so we can take a look at your account so we can get in touch with you shortly and provide you with a timely resolution.

LiveCareer.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Apr 26, 2016

Greetings Virgie. We are very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Our free account gives you the opportunity to try out our resume builder before deciding to purchase. The ability to print, email, or download your resume and cover letters are features included in our paid subscription and not listed as a feature of the free account. You can download a plain text version of your resume for free.

We also explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

Katrina

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jun 10, 2016

Dear Aznjoi,

We are very sorry that you feel this way about our product. We are committed to providing great customer service. We take all feedback very seriously. We are more than willing to assist you with your billing concern. Please contact us if you need any assistance. You can send us an email to [protected]@livecareer.com or call us to our toll free line 1-844-351-7484 representatives are available Monday to Friday 9am-9pm EST; Saturday 9am to 6pm EST; Sunday 11am -7pm EST.

Additionally, you can click live help to chat with us online.

Best Regards, LiveCareer

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jul 01, 2016

Hi Ciara:

We are sorry to hear about this. We are committed to offer the best experience with both our product and customer service. Please contact us thru a direct message so we can take a closer look at your account ans see what can we do about this issue.

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jun 27, 2017

Hi KM46,

We are sorry to hear about this issue! We want to amend this issue to see want can we do to help you resolve this issue. Please contact us through a direct message so we can take a closer look to your account and see what can we do about this.

Li
Jul 16, 2013

Comments

• Ka
      26th of Feb, 2014

I agree with the disgruntled subscriber. I also needed to make a resume and their marketing strategy is VERY misleading. What good does it do to take the time gathering the information for a resume, entering, and then go to print only to find out you have to pay.

What good is a resume unless you can email or print it?

• Dl
      13th of Jun, 2014

Predatory credit card fraud. This company preys on people looking for work by offering what looks like a $4.95 charge for a resume, but they trick you into a $34.95 reoccurring monthly charge to your credit card.

• Il
      4th of Aug, 2014

LiveCareer.com got me, too. My $4.95 resume has now cost me $55! Because I don't have the email confirmation on my original cancellation, I keep getting charged $39.80 a month. First time I called, I received a partial refund of $25. This time, "that refund is for this charge, not the previous. We have determined that is a valid charge". Ridiculous! Total rip-off!. I should have checked the reviews before I used it, not after.

• Bc
      25th of Aug, 2014

Livecareer is a scam. You cannot modify your resume anywhere but the website. They offer a small fee, but bury the fact that there will be a reoccurring charge in the small print. I called them when the charge first appeared. My subscription will not be cancelled for a month so they can justify not refunding my $39.80 LiveCareer is not an honest organization!

• Je
      28th of Aug, 2014

Jevgenijs Baterins
    Livecareer stole my money! The sum of 22.96GBP without any reason was taken from my credit card. I paid 1.92 GBP for CV online composing and did not sign any subscription, but 22.96GBP gone to LIVECAREER.COM. What is going on??? I will demand legal
    investigation! This is a real robbery!

• Je
      28th of Aug, 2014

Jevgenijs Baterins
    After a registrartion on Complaintsboard.com once more confirm the previous post.

• Ro
      26th of May, 2015

It's been a long time since I've had to deal with such infuriating nonsense!
    I signed up with a clear understanding of the temporary trial period at $9.99, no complaints there.
    I produced some workable resumes, but had trouble with formatting glitches when it came time to print.
    However, when I eventually clicked "unsubscribe" to cancel services, I was directed to a page that said no such page existed, and to contact the provider. That link is still inoperable today.
    So I tried calling, many times, but could never get thru. I've spent over an hour on hold during a dozen calls over two months.
    That's when I realized I was screwed.
    Interestingly, it took a different scam to stop this one. Two weeks ago my bank notified me that someone in Indianapolis (I live in Dallas) tried to charge $350 on my Visa card, the same accnt I used for LiveCareer, and my bank closed the accnt. Guess what?
    I got an email from LiveCareer right away asking for my new accnt info!
    I sent LiveCareer an email last week explaining all this and requesting a refund for the two months I paid while my cancellation was being ignored. I've received no response whatsoever.
    Thank you for this forum.

Robert

31st of May, 2015

I went to pay my utility bills this weekend to find nearly $50AUD had been withdrawn from my bank account.
    I ring my bank to find that livecareer has billed me another two times prior, which means I have pretty much been charged $150 for a very simple resume.

Do not be fooled by this website, or their claims that they make it clear that they will auto-renew subscription.
    They lie about how much monthly subscription costs, it's easy enough to see for yourself, all you do is click on "my account" then "subscription" where it offers you to upgrade from their $1.95 14-day trial to $7.95 monthly access; yet they charge $38.90 which takes them 6months to start billing?
    How does that work live career?
    How can you claim that you make these facts clear when so many angry customers say otherwise?!

They do not hold true to their money back guarantee stamp image that this page also exhibits.
    It also does not state on this page anywhere that the 14 day-trial is AUTO RENEWED as their representatives keep stating in their response to comments on this forum!
    When I click on "delete account" it tells that I have an active subscription, that I need to click "continue" to cancel the subscription, lo and behold when I click on "continue" it takes me to the subscription upgrade page!
    Using the live help chat applet yields not satisfactory results, either sends as an email or never any support representative on the other end, after 15mins of waiting.

This is AFTER having to change my web security program's settings to allow me to visit the site due to it's suspicious behavior.
    This website is all kinds of wrong!
    I have contacted my bank, and cancelled my card and they are sending me a new one; furthermore I will be contacting the fraud dept. of my bank to retrieve the money they have billed me for.
    However this does not satisfy me as it has still put me in financial hardship, as it has made me behind in paying my bills.

• Ga
      20th of Aug, 2015

They keep charging my account even after I cancelled/ deleted my account. Contacted customer service via email 2 times and just got charged again.

• St
      21st of Dec, 2015

This is what I have been dealing with for the past day. I cancelled the initial trial and this did not get reflected in my account. I have been charged 8 times for a service that I have not even signed into. Your employees will not refund my money and I can see why you have such horrible reviews online. I wish that I paid closer attention to my account and I would not be in this rough situation. I know that you outsource your phone services because everyone that I have talked to has a language barrier. Maybe this person who was supposed to cancel my account did not do so for whatever reason. I cannot speculate. I would like this issue brought to your attention and hope for a speedy resolution. My credit card is also investigating this complaint

5th of Jan, 2016

I purchased this service for .99 used it once and cancelled it or so I thought they have been charging my credit card for over a year I cancelled it again and was told I can only refund your last charge Who's to say it is cancelled now. 35.80 a month for a service I used 1 time. The ad says cancel at any time. This company is a scam. Shady dealings

20th of Jan, 2016

APPEAL: THIS ACCOUNT WAS HANDLED BY PHONE ON THE FIRST DAY. I HAVE CHARGES FOR $39.80 MARCH 29, 2015, APRIL 26, 2015, JUNE 21, 2015, JULY 19, 2015, AUGUST 16, 2015, SEPTEMBER 13, 2015, OCTOBER 11, 2015 AND NOVEMBER 8, 2015. I WANT THESE CHARGES REVERSED AND MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY CREDITED. I SEE WHY YOUR SERVICE HAS SO MANY COMPLAINTS ONLINE. I NEVER RECEIVED A FORMAL APPEAL LETTER AND THIS IS MY COURSE OF ACTION. PLEASE REPLY!

Thank you for contacting Resume-Now Customer Care.

First of all, we would like to apologize for the way you were treated by some of our agents. Their actions were unacceptable. We will definately be taking action.
    We also want to thank you for the evidence provided. The first time you sent the information should have been enough.
    We have proceeded to grant all the charges since March. This means that $398.00 should be reflecting in the next 3-5 business days.
    Your account has been cancelled and no further charges will be made to your service.

Per Management.

• Ka
      18th of Feb, 2016

I just got my bill also. Called in and they said the auto billing is obvious in the fine print. All I did was print one resume for the small fee because I had completed it and now they wanted to bill me. Initially it said free resume builder!!! I called customer service and he tells me he has cancelled my service. He also tells me billing will contact me by mail in one to two days to hear my billing complaint ($57.55) I suspect I will get a letter from "Anna" like all the ones I see above telling me it's my fault! !!!

2nd of Mar, 2016

I was scammed over $350. I know its my fault for not realizing they were charging my card but regardless they are disgusting scammers. They make you pay the $2 trial or whatever it is then without your consent they automatically sign you up for a subscription without you knowing. They are disgusting human being taking advantage of unemployed people trying to better their lives. Karma is a real thing live career, and you guys will get whats coming to you.

Also dont bother replying to this comment saying "sorry to hear this bs" Ive contacted you guys multiple times, you are pathetic disgusting human beings.

• Ki
      21st of Mar, 2016

I received four charges to my credit card totalling about $82.00 when I never made use of, nor have I contacted these people. When I called, they could not find any information for any charges, nor could they find any account in my name or last 4 digits of my credit card. After they could not locate my records, they asked for the complete set of numbers - wow!!! I asked for their street address but they refused to give it, stating that it was classified. Further, they would not tell me what county in California they operate in. These are definately people who know about criminal jurisdiction. After Ignacio said that he would put me on hold to look into it further, I told him that I would make a criminal complaint. He then hung up on me. Must be a policy because Christian had hung up on me before when I asked him for the address of the company.

If there is anyone out there who knows the physical location of this company, please let me know so I can make a formal complaint.

• Da
      29th of Mar, 2016

I just noticed this company have been charging me $39.80US since February without even telling me.

I have bought the 14 days membership, and there is no message explicitly telling me they will automatically charge 40 dollars a month without any message sent to my email address. I have been charged 80 dollars over these 2 months, and I just discovered it on my bill.

• Vi
      25th of Apr, 2016

I also got scammed I am so mad I did not know they would keep taking money out of my account I am out of $80.00 and for nothing and they will not refund my money I would advise everyone to not fall for it this is a big rip off. And I called and he was like a polite smart ### which pissed me off even more. I wish I had read these complaints first but I did not and got ripped off.

28th of Apr, 2016

I created a trial offer and cancelled prior to...and continued to get charged.
    When I called in they refused to allow me to speak to a manager. I spoke to "Frank" he told me he was issuing me a refund and gave me a reference code. I could hear someone in background telling him what to say. I asked to speak to that person and he hung up on me. Called back spoke to Bener, he said that reference number did not exist and didn't know a Frank. Asked for manager and Jose refused to get on the phone.

16th of May, 2016

i had same problem
    i looked up free cvs there site came up so went in made 2 1 for me and my son then it said to pay £2 for each one i didn't notice about having to pay another £23 every month for each cv nearly £50 came out my account that month because i was changing animal insurance and house insurance i hadn't noticed till the second month !!! the thing is in 2 months that was £100 came out my account i only gave permission for £4 in total to come out my account not 100 im a single parent and cant afford that it got me in trouble at the bank with bank charges !!! i phoned my bank they have barred you from taking any more ! i message the day the last payment was taken out with no reply ! and no refund either of last payment
    im really not happy with this company falls advertising on google that it free then charge you £2 then nearly £25 a month ive never been back on since that day u can check its hellish someone needs to contact me and get some sort of refund other people have been offered last payment refund i have been ignored !!

• Az
      10th of Jun, 2016

Last April 27, 2016 I used this website to make A resume because it state there that it's free. And when I am done they ask 2.95 and because i need the resume i paid it. And Now, I was so shocked because when I checked my balance account they charged me $29.80 and I haven't used that website for a month now!!