Live Lean for LifeScam

1 Review updated:

Pop up on internet with story of woman from Davis, CA who lost weight by using Acai Advanced. Free offer of 30 day sample with only payment required for shipping and handling. I did not see anything that said I would receive at a considerable expense future mailings automatically charged to my account if not cancelled within 15 days of placing order. Product received 11 days after purchasing but did not open for a few days. As soon as I read insert on terms and conditions (of which I do not recall seeing when ordering), called to cancel but one day too late. Ed, #4713, was rude and hung up on me when I said I wanted to talk to a supervisor or manager. No refund or reimbursement. Now I have been charge $95.85 for a product I have no intention of using and would definitely not have ordered if I had been aware. What a scam!!!

More Live Lean for Life Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cd
      Aug 21, 2009

I too order a "free" sample of the product. I gave a credit card number for the shipment, and now I am being charged almost $100 a month. When I called to cancel they tried to offer me 50% off. Now for elderly folks like us on a budget, this does not work! this is pure BS. I can go to the local health food store and get a better product for less than $20.

Feb 02, 2010

I can agree strongly -- after seeing a TV special where they did an actual week long trial that had positive results a sample for 1.99 sounded great.. Little did I know like the rest of you that you get scammed for the other tag along products... THEN when cancelling - the products arrived 13 days after a sample requested... !!! They told me I was too late to cancel for a refund and they billed me $90 for ONE product and $80 for another and they cancelled them AFTER taking my damn money. THEN to make things worse the lady argued with me that I knew all about these other products and never once mentioned I needed to call each individual other company they tagged onto their product to cancel or be charged... HERE it is two months later and I got another freaking charge of $25 bucks from yet another company associated with the original sample... no phone number to cancel them so going to try to dispute the charge but so far out enough money UNAUTHORIZED charges I could have blown the money on something that you actually get via the mail.