live lean 4 life (and Nu Age) / illegal credit card charge

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Be VERY careful with this company. This company is a subsidiary of a company called Nu Age which sells Resveratrol.

After paying the fee for postage & handling for a one month supply of Resveratrol the Nu Age company gave my credit care info to Live Lean for Life who then charged my $24.95 for who knows what. i have never heard of this company nor have I ordered anything from them.

By the way, the phone operators in the customer care office are all in Indai and the the conversation and communication with them is VERY static, inaudible, hard to decipher so be prepared.

Fo

Comments

• Qa
      15th of Feb, 2010

The same thing has happened to me.

I ordered a free 30 day sample, the company proceeded to charge me about $90 for the first months supply and told me that I only had 14 days to return the product (it took me half of that to get the thing). Then they made it excessively difficult to cancel the apparent automatic subscription.

A few days ago I was charged $24.95 for no reason, having canceled everything from the company about 3 weeks ago.

DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

• Fe
      16th of Feb, 2010

Wish I had seen this before I bought it too... I was charged the same amount a few days ago. I called and yes, the connection is hard to hear them. I wasn't too nice with them and told them that I wanted my money back into my account. They said they would but it would take 5 to 7 business days so we will see I guess. If they don't, I will go to the bank and file a fraud charge against them.

19th of Feb, 2010

same problem with my.

• Tr
      19th of Feb, 2010

I just had the same thing happen. I directly called my credit card company and had them block all transactions from this comapany. They also advised me to not make purchases over internet or phone. This is the first time I have ever done that so I will never do it again. I wish there was a way to keep this from happening to others. The phone calls are extremely frustrating to make because they argue with you and make it sound like you did approve these charges. If your reading this to find out more on the "free trail product" do not order it it will only bring you greif. If you already did, hold your ground you did NOT order the extras they just try to make you think you did. If that fails call your credit card company mine was aware of this scam and were most helpful. Good luck and stay strong!

• Si
      3rd of Mar, 2010

I am so furious with this company!!! The same happened to me and I have called MULTIPLE times, only to be charged the last few months. I called my bank and they can not block it but suggested I file a fraudulent claim and get a new card, which I am doing this afternoon. I am also calling the company once more to ask for a refund. DO NOT get this product!!!