[Resolved] Live Career / unauthorized credit card charges

Re Jan 11, 2016 Review updated:

Live Career Ltd owns multiple resume building scam websites. Their sites sell you resume building services for nominal fees and then begin charging your credit card a monthly fee 36x the amount. It was 2 months before I caught this happening on my credit card. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and will fight to be refunded everything, but this company should be shut down before this happens to more people.

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Jan 11, 2016

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page (not in fine prints its actually in bullets {screen shot attached}), as well as on the payment and confirmation pages(screen shot attached). We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly you can send me a private message if you have any further issues or you can email me at [protected]@livecareer.com

Best regards,

LiveCareer

unauthorized credit card charges
    unauthorized credit card charges

Comments

• K8
      Feb 28, 2016

I agree with you...it happened to me as well. In January I needed help with a cover letter and I used Live Careers services for $1.95. Within days after that they kept charging my card .33 cents, $1.00, and small transactions like that for what reason, I do not know. I emailed twice and went on the site to cancel my subscription before they charged me anymore and got no response, only to be charged $39.80 even though I had asked to cancel. When I called to cancel the man on the phone said that he would cancel my membership but couldn't talk to me about a refund because he could not do it for me, but that the billing department would email me in "2-3 business hours"...business hours??? UHM...days? He said that the billing department had no phone number I could contact them by. This all sounded a bit shady to me. When I started to read reviews on Google about how this is a scam I decided to must cancel my debit card and get a new one, and also file a claim against this company to get my money refunded to me. I sure hope that you got your money refunded and I hope they get shut down if this is the kind of business they run. I hate scammers!!!