[Resolved] Live Career / charges after account cancelled

United States Review updated:
Live Career
This was supposed to be a .99 charge one time to help build a resume. AFter that charge I cancelled my account to ensure no further charges would take place. For 3 months after I cancelled they still continued to take 35.80 out of my account. Then when i called to complain, emailed them, or called them they told me i didn't have an account at all. 3 months later i finally got someone to tell me that i never actually cancelled my account and those charges were authorized. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Resolution statement

LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jul 17, 2015
Hi Bugsie,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal upon purchase. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Jul 6, 2015

N  14th of Jul, 2015 by
Strange how $1.95 turns into $53.83 a month daylight robbery for doing a resume. Seen as I am unable to chat to you I will be going to my bank tomorrow and cancelling it myself Regards Denise
N  26th of Jul, 2015 by
I too have had your company take money out of my account,
Off to my bank also to make sure this doesnt happen agaiN!!!

LiveCareer Logo LiveCareer