[Resolved] Live Career / charges after account cancelled

This was supposed to be a .99 charge one time to help build a resume. AFter that charge I cancelled my account to ensure no further charges would take place. For 3 months after I cancelled they still continued to take 35.80 out of my account. Then when i called to complain, emailed them, or called them they told me i didn't have an account at all. 3 months later i finally got someone to tell me that i never actually cancelled my account and those charges were authorized. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareer Customer Care's Response, Jul 17, 2015

Hi Bugsie,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal upon purchase. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.b@livecareer-support.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Anna

LiveCareer

Nj
Jul 6, 2015

Comments

• Bu
      14th of Jul, 2015

Strange how $1.95 turns into $53.83 a month daylight robbery for doing a resume. Seen as I am unable to chat to you I will be going to my bank tomorrow and cancelling it myself Regards Denise

• Na
      26th of Jul, 2015

I too have had your company take money out of my account,
    RIP OFF!!!
    Off to my bank also to make sure this doesnt happen agaiN!!!