Litton Loan Servicing LP / Beware

Long before I had to do business with them I had several of their customers telling me about their battles with this company. SunTrust recently sold my mortgage to them and I feel that I have been fed to the wolves. I was already having problems keeping up with my mortgage and as soon as I was transferred it went up another 400 dollars. I tried to speak about my payments going up too high and I was kindly informed that they could help me by letting it up go by 350 dollars. I am just devastated because I will have to quit my teaching job to keep my home.

Va

Comments

• Da
      24th of Jul, 2008

This is two stories about my Litton loan nightmare.
    They both about the same loan please read both.
    I built my home during the boom in Hawaii and had to pay extra for everything. The loan was
    too little but I contiuned rather than abanbon the project. I intend to live out my life in this home. My credit got wrecked covering the cost over runs. I took a second before the 30 year note was signed to finish the house. That was paid off with the 30 year ARM took at 10% to start and it has gone up and up. Fremont sold the loan to Litton and they raised the rate. At $2, 700 a month I was struggling and fell behind. Litton would not work with me until I defaulted and then demanded $3, 700 a month for 24 months and then a 6k balloon. I have struggled even more. I borrowed form family to start a business that is just now getting on it's feet. I was late a couple months ago and called then to ask for a break. The excepted $1, 200 the month I bought the business and said to call back when I had another payment to change the payment date. I was late again the next month but sent $3550. I called the next day and was informed that they had turned me over to the attorney again and that if I wanted to save my house that I had to come up with another $3, 500. That was Tuesday the 15th. A week after they received the $3550.
    Second letter.
    I’m on the brink of foreclosure and I'm on a repayment plan were they charge the highest rates.
    I can't come up with a full payment so I call the mortgage company and ask if I may send a lesser amount right now and more ASAP. The agent of the company agreed to except less that 100% and said to call when I have another payment. So I sent the money via Western Union as was requested. And saved the documents. Then in a month I send another payment via the same method. I called the mortgage company and advised them I had sent the full payment in cash. But they responded with a demand for another payment right now. After 25 minutes on the phone it turns out that,
    1.The person who I spoke with did not have the authorization to permit such a payment. The agent I spoke with today said that they had in fact found the phone transcript but because I was on a repayment program I was required to pay 100% as per our contract. And so they would not except my payment. But there is more.
    2.They show no record of receiving that "less than full payment" I have the transaction document and gave then the tracking number. They still found no record of the payment. They referred me to Western Union. I called them and they do not keep track of transactions older that 30 days and I have now to wait for an investigation by them.
    Meanwhile the mortgage company claims to have mailed the latest payment back to my and started foreclosure. They are now demanding another cash sum of over 21k or the house goes to auction in 9 weeks. This breaks my back. Almost 5k is in limbo.

• Bu
      23rd of Aug, 2009

WE HAVE HAD SAME EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY - IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL IT. LETS DO SOMETHING. I AM READY TO PUT THIS COMPANY ON THE FACE OF THE NEWS - O'REILLY AND HANNITY. WERE YOU AWARE THEY ARE A SERVICING ARM OF GOLDMAN SACHS?