Litton Loan / Modification

1 Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:

After 13 months of dealing with this "modification", I am still trying to "close". In the meantime, every month that goes by they are tacking the difference of $600 between what mortgage was and what my modification payment is to the balance due on the house. I now owe over $3, 000 more on the house than I did when we started this 13 months ago. I have also been reported to the credit bureau for being late over 120 days 3 times. I have yet to be late one time. I have yet to close on this. And I have yet to have peace of mind. I want this done and over and I believe this company is ripping people off. They are showing that my last payment was September, when I have paid, October, November, and December. I have called 3 times a week for the last year and get a different story each time I call. I called 4 times in one day last week and was given 4 different stories in 1 day. I called twice one day last week within 1 hour of each call and both times, I was told different stories. This company is scamming people and destroying our credit more than it already is. I have done everything asked of me, yet they cannot complete their end of the deal.

Comments

• Co
      1st of Oct, 2008
    Litton Loan - cannot reach /get reply from
    litton loan
    Houston
    Texas
    Phone: 1-800-999-8501

they call you an one of two things happen :they hang up or leave message that says we have been tring to reach you today call 1-800-999-8501 you get voice mail to leave name/# they never seem to know anything except want money customer service rude/mean

22nd of Dec, 2009

I have been diligent in paying my mortgage starting with the first payment back in August, 2006. My original lender sold it to Litton Loan, and the first thing Litton wanted to do was immediately jack my interest rate from 8.125% to 10.25%! After pleading for mercy, we were able to lock the current rate for a few years in hopes of refinancing the ARM into a 30-year fixed. Needless to say, with the real estate crash, refinancing is um - impossible!

Flash forward to July, 2009 I went to Litton's web site and initiated the Mortgage Modification process. After not hearing anything for almost a month, I called them and learned they (Litton) no longer took applications from their Web site. Litton sent me the package and within a week I had over 40 pages of documents ready to fax to their Houston, TX office. Here's where the "fun" (heavy sarcasm here) begins...

First, I'm told (and I DID include the persons name and quoted them verbatim) that under the MOrtgage Modification that I DID NOT need to pay September's mortgage payment (the start of the 3-month trial period). However, under the trial period I needed to make sure Litton received their "reduced" loan payment by the last business day of each month. Not a problem since I pay all my bills electronically through my bank. Hello, Litton - I do have records showing all the cleared checks...

Over the course of September and October, I was contacted by Litton stating that I needed to resend this document or that document (mostly pay stubs and bank statements) because they couldn't read the documents. In a couple of cases, I was told that I had submitted an incomplete document and certain items could not be found. I countered that not only did I put my loan account number on each page, but I serialized each of the attachments starting with 1. Furthermore, the fax cover page identified which page(s) attached to the fax contained the documents. Needless to say, a chimp could figure out my indexing as everything was spelled out!

Right before Thanksgiving, this is where it gets really ugly (and I'm being kind with that word). First, I'm told that there is a huge backlog and it'll take more than the original three (3) months and that they (Litton) would contact me as soon as they heard something. People - DON'T TRUST THE LENDERS!!! Secondly, after talking to the 12th, or was it the 18th person at Litton - I honestly have lost count, I was told that the guidance of not paying the September payment was in error and that I should contact HUD and file a complaint against Litton. Wow - Honesty! Needless to say, I haven't heard back from this person (she said she'd call me the next day), and I'm figuring Litton terminated her after eavesdropping on our phone call.

Right after Thanksgiving (now December), I spoke with Litton to find out how much I needed to pay this month as my 3-month trial period was supposed to end. I was told that I needed updated bank statements, a corrected IRS form (again, was given bad direction by Litton on how it was to be filled out). Furthermore, because my employer had changed the electronic pay stub format, I needed a letter from my employer to this effect. This call was at 3:30pm and if I didn't have it by close of business they were going to close my Mortgage Modification application.

Needless to say, my Human Resources department cannot turn a letter around that quickly. Something about end of year, getting benefits for all the employees set up for the next calendar year, performance appraisals, and even figuring bonuses. I was finally able to get the letter about a week later, but by that time Litton closed my application. After talking to yet another Supervisor (I think she was number 6 or 7, again I have lost count), she believed that they could get my application re-opened, especially since I mentioned I was about ready to file a complaint with HUD. For anyone else in my boat - here's a magic phrase that will get Litton to respond professionally - mention you're filing a complaint with HUD! Sure enough, as of today the Mortgage Modification application has been reopened. The rep I spoke to earlier today offered that a letter went out on 21 December and wanted to know if I was going to accept the terms... Wait, since when has the US Postal Service been able to deliver a letter from Houston, TX to Triangle, VA in less than a day - how much postage does that cost? The Litton rep quickly realized how stupid they sound and offered that the letter is in the mail and that I need to respond to it as soon as I get it - duh!!!

Now for the sickening news. After we discussed the status of the modification, I inquired about the billing statement I had just received from Litton. Specifically, the amount being quoted was almost equal to three (3) months of mortgage payments! Coincidence? I had the gal punch up my payment history and we agreed on everything up until - now get this - September! Furthermore she identified the two payments I made in August - August 1st and August 31st. After two minutes of trying to convince her that the August 31st payment was for September failed, I had to politely end the conversation and scream.

This only gets worse - I called Litton back and got a reasonable woman. She was able to punch up my payment history and againg we were fine until September. I asked how the automated system stated a lower figure than what the statement had printed, and she acknowledged the payment I made on Dec 18th for the pre-Mod trial amount. Okay, but there is still a $6, 000 discrepancy. She responded that Litton could not accept the first partial payment I made in September. I asked her what happend to my payment, and I just about had a cardiac arrest with her response that went like this. First, part of the partial payment went to pay legal fees. What legal fees? My account had been paid in full, on time, often ahead of time, up until this damn Mortgage Modification. After a pause, she offered that part of the partial fee went to cover Escrow shortages - Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over???? Finally, they used the rest to cover late fees, penalties and the "shortages" from the next two "agreed upon" Mortgage Modification payments. After she finished I stated that I had to hang up and contact HUD to file a formal complaint against Litton and find me a lawyer as this is misappropriation of funds and probably violates at least a half-dozen Federal and Finance Regulations.

In short, I've literally lost at least one Mortgage Modification payment in excess of $3, 200. I am essentially two months behind on mortgage payments and just one away from Litton being able to foreclose on my home. When I purchased the home, I put 20% cash down (how many people did that back in 2006?) and since invested over $100k in improvements to the house and property.

I need a good lawyer to go after the ### known as Litton Loan Services - any referrals?

• Di
      31st of Dec, 2009

OMG, your story sounds so much like mine. it is a nightmare to deal with those people and I have been literrlay reduced to hysterical sobbing during more than one phone call with them. They lie over and over again and when they are not lying they are breaking the law. I was told not to pay my mortgage while my modicafication was under review. I was told not to pay my 2nd mortgage until the Litton mortgage was current and that if they found out that I made a payment to the second mortgage company they would accelerate foreclosure. They are vipers. The customer service is non-existant! We have applied for help form our state and are in this very stressful holding pattern. I cannot sleep or eat properly and no one cares at all.

16th of Feb, 2010

I've contacted BBB (Houston) and taking the next step in going after these predators. Tomorrow, I AM making the following calls and I hope that other victims of Litton and other predatory mortgage lenders follow suite:

Virginia Attorney General Office
    (804) 786-2071
    Online Complaint form: http://www.vaag.com/ContactUsForm/ContactForm.aspx

Texas Attorney General Office
    (512) 463-2100 Local
    (800) 252-8011 Toll-Free

Online Complaint form: https://www.oag.state.tx.us/forms/cpd/form.php
    Homeowners who believe they have been harmed by fraudulent businesses (Litton was specifically named) may call the Office of the Attorney General’s toll-free complaint line at (800) 252-8011 or file a complaint online at www.oag.state.tx.us.

United States Office of the Attorney General
    (202) 514-2001
    Department of Justice Main Switchboard - (202) 514-2000
    E-mails to the Department of Justice, including the Attorney General, may be sent to [protected]@usdoj.gov

Also, a friend of mine that is a Realtor forwarded me a link to this disturbing video about FDIC & Mortgage Lendors (e.g., Goldman Sachs, IndyMac): http://www.thinkbigworksmall.com/mypage/player/tbws/23088/1004423

Final thought - why would Litton put the following on my monthly Mortgage statement, "Litton Loan Servicing LP is a Debt Collector. This is an attempt to collect our debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose."

• Pa
      4th of Jun, 2011

I had fallen behind on payments due to losing hours bcuz of the economy and a divorce. I have asked Litton on numerous instances for modification. They always send a packet back to me telling me that they need more info. I send the info they ask for and then get another packet a week later asking for the same items.

I had spoken with a lady from loss mitigation, "Charlotte Gray", who instead of trying to find out why they keep asking for the same paperwork, doubled my mortgage payment. I couldn't afford the payments where they were at, now I have to pay double the amount?????