Little Explorer's Daycare / Bad business experience

1 United States

My four year old son started daycare at Little Explorers this morning for the first time. In less than four hours, I received a call and was told to come and pick him up and that he was not allowed to return. The reason I was given was that one of the employees picked him up and carried him to the back room for time out and he scratched her hand. Because of this they feel that he is a danger to the other children! I feel that a child's first day with a bunch of complete strangers must be terrifying. They should have given him more of a chance. If they can't handle a four year old scratching an employee's hand, then they have no business running a daycare! What happens if a child has a temper tantrum? Or they get a child that bites or hits? My son was devastated that he was "Kicked out" saying repeatedly that he said he was sorry and didn't mean to, and how come they didn't want him anymore. He can not understand their actions any better than I can, but it has severely hurt him emotionally. If they can't handle such a minor incident, they have no business running a daycare.

Ha